Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Freeride is back!......Sorta...

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 06-11-02, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Out of just morbid curiousity I decided to visit the website I frequented so often before it's untimely death. To my surprise it seems they're trying to make a comeback..I even have 100 points to start off with. But when i searched for what I could my spend my points on, there was no CDnow, no Amazon, no anything. Just some lame game you get to play. Does anyone know anything about the current state of Freeride and whether or not it's offering coupons to retailers anymore?
Old 06-11-02, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Geeze-o. They're Beta testing and the prizes are that lame ass CD (you know the one), an equally lame hat, some dorky game and an alarm clock. Woo-hoo.
Old 06-11-02, 04:28 PM

You just happened to visit right before it will be shutting down. It was a short-lived comeback.

From the Freeride website:

In light of current circumstances, FreeRide expects to indefinitely suspend online operations effective Wednesday, June 12.

Please take this opportunity to redeem your points for whatever is left in our rapidly dwindling goodie bag. HINT: Thanks to the overzealousness of our former marketing group, we have a virtually limitless supply of Magic Bus cds. (Maybe I'm just a child of the 60s, but I think it's pretty cool. At any rate, it's a nice keepsake of a ride I hope most of you will remember fondly.)

There's obviously a whole lot more to be said here..but hey, we've got two weeks to say it, right? I want to thank all of you for helping make this a place it's going to be difficult to say good-bye to. Despite everything, the generosity of spirit so many of you have shown to us, and to each other, is what I'll remember most.
Old 06-11-02, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as I'm concerned, FreeRide said goodbye late 2000 when they decided to re-evalute things.
Old 06-11-02, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just checked it out again. Thanks for the memories.
Old 06-12-02, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Whatever happened to jaboom, I wonder. I remembered I was getting $26 Amazon GCs from them every four days!
Old 06-12-02, 12:27 PM

Originally posted by John Sy
Whatever happened to jaboom, I wonder. I remembered I was getting $26 Amazon GCs from them every four days!
I sure loved my 6-star account. Ahh, the memories.
Old 06-12-02, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
jaboom rocked
I got so much money from them. something like a gc every 2-3 days towards the end, and it took less than 15 minutes a day
freeride was decent, I got some money before they shut it down, went there a while back when the bus first came back but you had to pay 5 points to play and if yo weren't one of the top x number of point clickers that day you got nothing, so basically you just lost points
Old 06-12-02, 04:59 PM

I heard Jabroom turned into Moodlogic or something especially since all that music profile is very similar if not the same.