Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Troma Sale & Problems

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Troma Sale & Problems

Old 05-14-01, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The deal that was posted here has ended, but I'm keeping this thread open because there are some significant issues that need to be resolved with Troma.

Please note that we were not aware of the depth of problems when we posted this offer.

Also I have e-mailed a copy of this thread to Lloyd Kaufman (head of Troma) so that he can personally be aware of the problems.

Thank you jonathan.e for documenting this problem so completely!

[Edited by gkleinman on 06-23-01 at 06:07 PM]
Old 05-15-01, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts
Thanks, but I think I'll pass on this one. I ordered a couple of DVDs from Troma in February which they never shipped to me...however, they did charge my credit card. Maybe they've got their act together, but looking at this thread, it wouldn't appear to be so:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...threadid=82765
Old 05-15-01, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll pass on this to. They just arent worth the trouble to deal with.
Old 05-15-01, 02:37 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Troma's online store should be shut down. NO one should order from them.
Old 05-15-01, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You never know what you're gonna get when you order from Troma.
Old 05-15-01, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
You've got to be kidding. My credit card company is still fighting over the last deal from those guys. Thanks, but no thanks.
Old 05-15-01, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Funny, that awhile ago someone from Troma posted a sale/advertisment and the moderator/person came down on him. Now, I guess gkleinman is getting some payback for getting people to click through here.

Like I said before, Troma needs a Shoppers Advisory post like Cyberrebate had.

Shame on you gkleinman.
Old 05-15-01, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I opened this thread honestly expecting to find an official DVDTalk Shopper's Advisory for Troma. Instead, I find an official DVDTalk coupon for Troma. Wow.

Any chance that we could get Troma to address the issues with their previous 2 sales that people are still dealing with, before we flock back there to get charged for more product that they can't/won't ship?

The story I've gotten from them the past few times I've been contacted is that they are too low on stock and are unable to ship -- yet they are now going to offer a coupon for a FURTHER discount off a sale that was bigger than they were able to handle in the first place?!? Pathetic.
Old 05-15-01, 09:20 PM

I had Cannibal The Musical! in my cart and was all set to buy it until I found out the shipping and handling is $6.00.
Old 05-15-01, 10:22 PM

$6 shipping is nothing, they charge $18 ($27 canadian funds) to ship a disc to canada. I can buy most troma movies at my local B+M for about $25-$30 canadian. They have got to be kidding.
Old 05-15-01, 11:10 PM

Don't Give Troma Your Credit Card Number!

After two e-mails and three telephone calls, the Troma CSR, Millie Medina, called me and said she would process a credit card refund for shorting my order by 4 DVDs. After two weeks, I still haven't received my refund. These vampires are pathetic online thieves. DVDTalk should not endorse any phoney deals from these blood-suckers.
Old 05-16-01, 01:31 AM

Re: Don't Give Troma Your Credit Card Number!

Originally posted by oldchuckles
After two e-mails and three telephone calls, the Troma CSR, Millie Medina, called me and said she would process a credit card refund for shorting my order by 4 DVDs. After two weeks, I still haven't received my refund. These vampires are pathetic online thieves. DVDTalk should not endorse any phoney deals from these blood-suckers.
Fellow Percentages,

so... you reckon these Troma guys are worth taking a risk on then?

Yours Credulously,
Lik.
Old 05-16-01, 05:02 PM

A Word From Troma

My name is Steve, and I've just started on the e-commerce side of Troma this past week, and thus
have only just been made aware of the problems you have all incurred from our Roan Group sale.

First and foremost I want to give my deepest apologies on behalf of Troma Entertainment and I am going to do my best to make it up to every single person that had a problem with the sale.

I guess what happened was a young man who started that week charged everyone... he's no longer with the company but we are still trying to sort out this mess.

I know most of you are probably sick and tired of dealing with this matter, but at this point all I can do is ask that everyone who has had a problem, please email me at [email protected], with their name, order number, and specific problem and I will personally make sure to rectify every individual's problem to the best of my ability.

Thanks, and once again, sorry for putting you through this, it is totally inexcusable on our part.

Sincerely,

Steve

Old 05-16-01, 05:47 PM
Cool New Member

"inexcusable" - impossible to excuse or justify; unpardonable

There is ABSOLUTELY nothing that Troma can do now to rectify their unethical and illegal (the same words I used when I emailed [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected]) actions. I am only deeply disappointed by the fact that they have not been taken to court and banned from doing business (on the Internet or anywhere else for that matter).

SteveDB - if you are indeed new with Troma, may I suggest you get out while you can. They are a bunch of lying and cheating bastards.

About the the "young man" excuse:
1. I, and alot of others, don't believe it.
2. Even if it is true, Troma's actions after the incident are still "inexcusable"

gkleinman - IF you know about this whole debacle, I totally concur with ernestrp "Shame on you"
Old 05-16-01, 06:15 PM

Instead of immediately attacking Geoff and STEVEDB why don't you send your order number and your problem in an email to STEVEDB to see if he is for real?
Old 05-16-01, 06:38 PM
Defunct Account

Well, for the record, I've had nothing but great service from Troma. Millie was more than helpful resolving the one problem I had.

bwfilms: There is an easy solution to your problem. If, as you say, nothing Troma can do would make it right in your mind, just cancell the order. Send them an e-mail saying that you want it cancelled, and call you credit card company and tell them you never received any merchandise. End of story.

This is not a flame, or sarcasm. I can see where you'd be pissed. I would be too. (And I have been when similar things happened to me....see my very old posts about CD Universe and their overcharging me $10 on 3 orders.) I've learned itseasier to just dispute the charges and get on with life.

Steve- Welcome to the forum! Hope you have asbestos underwear.

-Videophile
Old 05-16-01, 06:40 PM
Cool New Member

sandler743:

I tried to be very civil in my post. As far as I can tell, there is nothing in there attacking SteveDB (the person). As for Troma (the company), however, I believe I have the rights to regard them as such since I was lied and cheated to as a consumer.

As for Geoff, I emphasized that "IF" he knew about the debacle then shame on him. I stand on that comment.

BTW, I'm not sure if you have been lied to and cheated by Troma (if not, consider yourself lucky). As for me, there REALLY is nothing now that Troma can do to rectify the situation. Let's put it this way: I have instructed my credit card company to never let a future Troma charge go through. Why? so that even if they have a one cent DVD sale and my judgement lapses, my credit card will prevent me from buying anything from Troma ;-)

Regards...
Old 05-16-01, 06:50 PM
Cool New Member

videophile - thanks for your suggestion. It's greatly appreciated (no sarcasm here neither). I did exactly that a couple of days ago.

I posted mainly to warn others and, I guess, also to vent a little.

Glad to hear Troma treated you well (statistically possible, I guess), but after reading all the complaining posts by others (and especially because of my own personal experience with them) I won't be dealing with them in the future.
Old 05-16-01, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

sandler743,

yeah, you might get an email saying your order will be shipped by the end of next week and then you notice another month has gone by and nothing.

videophile,

Yeah, it only takes like 2 weeks and a few hundred emails to actually get a reply that your order was cancelled, but you always wonder since they got your CC number.

I guess if you are lucky enough to get Millie on the phone and KI$$ her A$$ you might get some of your order.

Millie was the one who said my order would ship by the end of the next week but that was like the first week in April.

Old 05-16-01, 10:10 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My name is Steve, and I've just started on the e-commerce side of Troma this past week, and thus
have only just been made aware of the problems you have all incurred from our Roan Group sale.

Ok, of course because I had a prob. with the 25 cent sale a long time ago, as did many, my prob. will never be fixed, but I HAD to point a few things out.

After many emails and the like to Troma way back during that 25 cent sale about where my DVD was, I got a response that was sort of like this..not a direct quote "Hi, I am new with troma and was not around during the 25 cent sale, but will do my best to get this worked out"

Nothing was fixed..more emails...nothing....I got them on the phone....the guy on the phone "I was not around during the 25 cent sale, I am new"

I gave up.

Then this last sale started, back in Janurary to Feburary. I warned people away from Troma (as did others) and this is what one of the people from troma said when those that were unhappy with the 25 cent sale told people to stay away from Troma...

(don't ask me why.. not my department.. and I wasn't around for the 25 cent sale so I have no answers for that either)"
go to this thread to read it yourself..

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...threadid=86657

Now if this does not stink, I don't know what does...that is their line every time, as if that makes it ok for you to give them your money again.

I am sorry. I will never shop from them again, because I was never taken care of the first time. They have about 10 bucks of my money, and I have nothing for it. So it may only be 10 bucks, but that still makes me mad.

Old 05-16-01, 11:19 PM

I just e-mailed [email protected] regarding the order I placed on Roan titles, for which I was charged and (of course) never received anything.

I'll let you guys know what happens.
Old 05-16-01, 11:26 PM

Hi, Steve here.. my apologies for the different UserName but I'd forgotten I had already registered under this name from my home computer.

I'll try and address everyone..

First off, I'm not new to Troma.. I've been working on Troma.com for the past year, and before this week had nothing to do with tromavillemaul.com other than the links we put on our site. This last week I began on the ecommerce portion, i.e. tromavillemaul.com. I was the one who posted the ad that time, but that was seriously just a sort of a 'might as well post something about the sale' kind of thing.

I totally understand all of you who swear never to order from us again.. I've read through the past thread and realize that many of you have had a nightmare. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about the past..all I can control is the present. And I understand that there's probably nothing I can do to have your faith restored in Troma. The only thing I CAN do is try and rectify the current problems re: the Roan sale and get everybody their movies as quickly as possible.

Thank you all for your patience, and if I've forgotten to address anything, my apologies, but it's late and I'm exhausted!!

Remember to email me at [email protected] with your order numbers, names, and problems!

- Steve
Old 05-17-01, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Would it be too much trouble just to return the phone messages left at your 1-800 number. Christ I left 3 messages and sent several emails.

I too am upset that Geoff has allowed this after knowing all the trouble from the past sales. I have used this site and its links for deals since Feb of 1999, but I may follow many of the others who have left recently. First I get involved with the crooks at Switchhouse.com trying to help out this site and now Geoff is promoting Troma. This may be the final straw for me.
Old 05-23-01, 09:37 PM

The Real McCoy!

I was one of the Troma customers who was ripped off on an earlier online order. However, I answered Steve DB's offer to resolve the matter (see message above). I received an e-mail from him the same day. After about one week, a box of replacement DVDs arrived without additional cost. I was satisfied with his customer service. I strongly recommend that anyone who has an open issue with Troma give Steve an opportunity to solve the problem. In my case, "better late, than never" was very appropriate.
Old 05-23-01, 10:55 PM

Re: The Real McCoy!

Originally posted by oldchuckles
I was one of the Troma customers who was ripped off on an earlier online order. However, I answered Steve DB's offer to resolve the matter (see message above). I received an e-mail from him the same day. After about one week, a box of replacement DVDs arrived without additional cost. I was satisfied with his customer service. I strongly recommend that anyone who has an open issue with Troma give Steve an opportunity to solve the problem. In my case, "better late, than never" was very appropriate.
Of course there should have been "no additional cost" involved... that goes without saying.

I was not caught up in this fiasco, but I would be insisting that Steve (are you still reading this thread Steve?) as a representative of Traum... sorry, Troma, should be inviting all hard done by complainents who do email him, to suggest two titles that they would like and including those titles free of charge with the rest of their outstanding order/refund.

Troma needs to show some accountability and offer a sign of their good faith if what has gone before is to be believed.

regards, Tim...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.