Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Ever ordered from musicselection.com?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-02, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 578 Likes on 417 Posts

I was doing a search for a band called Yeska. I have "Skafrocubanjazz" which is amazing. They have another album called "The Cover Up" so I thought I'd like to give it a try, but have never been able to find it. I just "found" it at musicselection.com at a really low price and ordered it, but I began to wonder.

Are they for real? Do they actually have the things they say they do, or am I going to get a note later on saying "sorry"?

Anyone out there have any experiences?
Old 04-19-02, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might get a quicker responce if you had this in the Store Forum. There you can ask questions and give feedback on stores, online or B & M.

I've never even heard of musicselection.com.
Old 04-22-02, 01:20 PM

I've dealt with Musicselection.com the odd time. They can be very very slow. If the title has been hard to get before, I've found they often can't get it either - but it's always worth a shot. If they don't get it in right away, I find the odds of seeing it drop quite a bit, but sometimes they show.

BTW, I loved Yeska's album - I'm blown away to hear they have another one! Is it newer or older? Where was it released?

M
Old 04-22-02, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by ModoReese
I've dealt with Musicselection.com the odd time. They can be very very slow. If the title has been hard to get before, I've found they often can't get it either - but it's always worth a shot. If they don't get it in right away, I find the odds of seeing it drop quite a bit, but sometimes they show.

BTW, I loved Yeska's album - I'm blown away to hear they have another one! Is it newer or older? Where was it released?

M
Thanks for the info. I don't know the date of Yeska's other album. I bought Skafrocubanjazz as an impulse buy from Borders B&M. I loved it, so went to allmusic.com to look them up and saw this other album. But I've never been able to find it...
Old 04-22-02, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just got an email from these bozos claiming a monster server crash. They said they lost my order, but somehow know I had an order. They asked me to resubmit it. When I tried to, the price of the disc was (surprise) almost triple the price! I sent an email to them complaining, but it looks like I won't be getting the disc...
Old 04-23-02, 11:38 AM

Unreal!! I'd heard some shady things about them befoe, but nothing specific. That takes the cake!

I'll keep an eye out for the other Yeska CD. My computer at work says "Cover Up" is available via Koch - but Koch's latest catalog doesn't have it listed, so I'm not too optimistic at this point.....