Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

TWEC.com - A Horror Story

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

TWEC.com - A Horror Story

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-01, 03:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I purchased a Alfred Hitchcock set from them for:
Merchandise Total: $53.99
Shipping & Handling: $2.99
Sales Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $41.98 (with a coupon)

The description clearly listed these titles:

Box set celebrating the 100th birthday of Alfred Hitchcock with his best known works. Includes SHADOW OF A DOUBT, THE TROUBLE WITH HARRY, THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH, VERTIGO, PSYCHO, MARNIE, THE BIRDS, SABOTEUR, FRENZY, TOPAZ, ROPE, TORN CURTAIN, FAMILY PLOT, plus a never-before-released
collection of four episodes of TV's ALFRED HITCHCOCK
PRESENTS. See individual titles for details.

but instead I got a Vertigo/Psycho/Alfred Hitchcock Presents 3-pack.

Well I write back and after two emails, they reply that I can send the DVD's back. They will also reimburse me for the return postage. I can either pay the difference or get my money back. I NEVER TELL THEM TO PAY FOR THE MORE EXPENSIVE ITEM. They refer me to their website for instructions. So I go to the website and it says I must email them to get an address to mail the DVD's back to. .... GRRR .... so I email them ... and email them and after the FIFTH time and a threat to dispute my credit card they graciously reply and I send the DVD's back. End of Horror story???

The jerks credit my CC for 97.00 difference between what I had received and what I had originally ordered for 42 dollars. They also gave me a $5 GC for my trouble. Here is how I responded to that:

I guess you figure I work for minimum wage since you are graciously giving me a five $ gc for my troubles. It's like throwing me scraps and I consider it an insult.
So since I did not authorize that second charge, should I dispute it and keep the DVD's??

I'm tempted to. If I do return them, I will require a full credit back to my CC for all charges FIRST and they can send my the return postage BEFORE I send the package.
Old 05-01-01, 09:00 AM

I really don't know what you should do in this situation but come on, did you really expect to get a box set with 12 movies and a few episodes of the TV show for $40? You were just asking for trouble.
Old 05-01-01, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

[i]The jerks credit my CC for 97.00 difference between what I had received and what I had originally ordered for 42 dollars. They also gave me a $5 GC for my trouble. Here is how I responded to that:

I guess you figure I work for minimum wage since you are graciously giving me a five $ gc for my troubles. It's like throwing me scraps and I consider it an insult.
So since I did not authorize that second charge, should I dispute it and keep the DVD's??

I'm tempted to. If I do return them, I will require a full credit back to my CC for all charges FIRST and they can send my the return postage BEFORE I send the package.
1) They CREDITED you more than you paid.. What are you complaining about?

2) If you made a mistake above and they charged you for something you didn't authorize, you can dispute it. (Hope you saved your printouts)

3) Most stores have a policy of no credit until the merchandise is received back by them. You can wait for a prepaid label, but you are on the hook for the bucks until it gets back to them.

4) I hope you printed out that description too. The Alfred Hitchcock Collection Box Set IS the set they sent you. I bought it over a year ago. The new sets are called Best of Hitchcock #1 and #2