Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

View Poll Results: Who will be the first pick in the 2017 NFL draft?
Jamal Adams, S, LSU 0 0%
Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama 0 0%
Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU 0 0%
Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M 11 100.00%
Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State 0 0%
Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State 0 0%
Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford 0 0%
Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-04-17, 08:49 AM   #101
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
hdnmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 9,116
Re: 2017 NFL Draft - Thursday, April 27 - Saturday, April 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlynchfan View Post
Wasn't Russell Wilson heavily ridiculed when he was first drafted.
Can't say I saw much when he was drafted, given he didn't really go that high and it was clear the Seahawks needed at least a backup to their FA pickup Flynn.

But after they made him the starter, yeah, there were a lot of doubters given his height and lack of resume up to that point. I have to admit I was one of them to a point. I was only on the fence because I had no confidence in Flynn and hated that signing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-17, 08:52 AM   #102
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
hdnmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 9,116
Re: 2017 NFL Draft - Thursday, April 27 - Saturday, April 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabb View Post
That's what I sort of hate about the draft now is the analysts, media and even the fans now who chime in with 'great pick' or 'terrible pick' like they know exactly how these guys will turn out? You can say you like or dislike the pick, but the definitive comments just get annoying.
I think there are really two categories here, because there are guys that most analysts peg correctly. Part of it has to do with some positions, and/or players, really being easier to peg correctly than others.

But I do agree that many of these analysts go overboard either way which buries those times where guys are very accurately pegged correctly.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-17, 09:05 AM   #103
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 22,914
Re: 2017 NFL Draft - Thursday, April 27 - Saturday, April 29

I just heard the radio interview on M&M with the Browns Sashi Brown. He really has a good vision for that team and came across as very competent. He mentioned they have five picks in the first two rounds next season and that they have a strong plan in place to build through the draft and develop players. I was fairly impressed. Maybe there is hope for this team after all.
__________________
***DVDTALK GOLD TRADER***

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/cwrujosh
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-17, 10:55 AM   #104
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 35,284
Re: 2017 NFL Draft - Thursday, April 27 - Saturday, April 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabb View Post
That's what I sort of hate about the draft now is the analysts, media and even the fans now who chime in with 'great pick' or 'terrible pick' like they know exactly how these guys will turn out? You can say you like or dislike the pick, but the definitive comments just get annoying.
Well, they get paid to express opinions. We all know that we need time to evaluate these guys, but they can't go on TV and say "Let's check his progress in three years" for everyone. I know I say "Great pick!" or "Bad pick!" when I don't know shit about any of these guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlynchfan View Post
Wasn't Russell Wilson heavily ridiculed when he was first drafted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
Can't say I saw much when he was drafted, given he didn't really go that high and it was clear the Seahawks needed at least a backup to their FA pickup Flynn.

But after they made him the starter, yeah, there were a lot of doubters given his height and lack of resume up to that point. I have to admit I was one of them to a point. I was only on the fence because I had no confidence in Flynn and hated that signing.
I don't know how much Wilson was ridiculed considering he was only a third-round pick, but I admit I was among the doubters when he got off to a rough start in his rookie year. My thinking was that the team was capable of a playoff run, and they were losing with a rookie when they had just picked up an NFL-starter-ready guy in Flynn. I didn't really have much of an opinion on him because I knew he had a very limited sample size but figured he couldn't be that bad if the Seahawks were high enough on him to pick him up. I guess we were all wrong there.
__________________
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-17, 11:18 AM   #105
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 35,506
Re: 2017 NFL Draft - Thursday, April 27 - Saturday, April 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by will travel View Post
Hall of Fame QB of the KC CHIEFS Len Dawson would like a word with you.
Class of 1987.
Fine. No great QB in the past 45 years.

(excluding a fading, diminished Joe Montana)
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-17, 11:47 AM   #106
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 26,986
Re: 2017 NFL Draft - Thursday, April 27 - Saturday, April 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
I think there are really two categories here, because there are guys that most analysts peg correctly. Part of it has to do with some positions, and/or players, really being easier to peg correctly than others.

But I do agree that many of these analysts go overboard either way which buries those times where guys are very accurately pegged correctly.
"Grading The 2017 NFL Mock Drafts: Judgment Day For Kiper, McShay, Mayock & Co."

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/...-mcshay-mayock
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-17, 11:56 AM   #107
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 35,506
Re: 2017 NFL Draft - Thursday, April 27 - Saturday, April 29

I did think it was weird that on ESPN, all the guys eviscerated the Colts for taking Malik Hooker at 15 when the general consensus was that he was a good player and ESPN.com had him ranked #10 overall. Gruden, who has effusive praise for every player in the League basically said that the guy has flaws that were uncoachable and he'd never make it.
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0