Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 07-12-17, 07:36 AM   #1251
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The 2017 Pro Wrestling Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
So, who do you think the mystery person Kurt Angle told on the phone that he loved them and to show up on Raw next week?
Its Dixie Carter
There is a master key and a spare key for the office. Dwight has them both. When I asked, "what if you die, Dwight? How will we get into the office?" He said, "if I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks."
Old 07-12-17, 12:39 PM   #1252
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Alberto El Patron suspended by Global Force Wrestling

Global Force Wrestling today announced that it has suspended their champion Alberto El Patron following the airport incident with his fiancee Paige.

“Global Force Wrestling has indefinitely suspended Alberto El Patron, effective immediately, until the investigation is resolved following a recent incident in Orlando, Florida,” a statement read on the website.

El Patron and Paige got into a big argument during the weekend at Orlando International Airport and police were called in. El Patron, who was drinking, was detained by police after a report of domestic violence battery.

He was not arrested but the investigation is still open and charges could be filed.

The GFW champ, who just unified the Impact and GFW world titles at Slammiversary, plays a part in the tapings that were held after the pay-per-view and which will continue to air tomorrow on POP TV.

http://www.wrestling-online.com/tna/...rce-wrestling/
Old 07-12-17, 01:02 PM   #1253
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO4Life View Post
The US belt is just another stepping stone for Omega. It has got to be. Everyone wants to see to Kenny Omega beat Okada. Not because like they love him that much, they do, but to also have a huge arc of a storyline for these these two wresters in the ring.

I think NJPW may want to do a title versus title thing with Okada and Omega. Omega just has to really amp up how big of a deal his belt is to us and Japan. Doing that, the audience will get match 3 at Wrestle Kingdom. That seems like the only logical thing to do there. Have Omega win at WK. His push keeps growing. You want to make him burst at Wrestle Kingdom. Not sure what Kenny Omega will be like after that cuz where he's at is insanely entertaining. Okada vs. Omega 3. That has to be how it goes.
I feel like they need to legitimize the new title, and going for a unification match even in the next year doesn't do that. He needs to drop the US title first, IMHO. And they need to build to a payoff with him and Ibushi, who I think is finally dropping the Tiger Mask W mask.

Last edited by fujishig; 07-12-17 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-12-17, 01:09 PM   #1254
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
So, who do you think the mystery person Kurt Angle told on the phone that he loved them and to show up on Raw next week?
Triple H and Steph
Old 07-12-17, 07:18 PM   #1255
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Paige?

In all honesty, unless she's hard up for money, it would be in her best interest to stay away from WWE. If she returns to active status she would just get booked as a lady jobber and punished with lousy angles until she either quits or her contract expires. She should look to NJPW or somewhere her baggage cannot follow.
Old 07-12-17, 09:41 PM   #1256

Paige Claims She's Being Investigated For Domestic Battery NOT Alberto El Patron.

WWE Superstar Paige has issued the following statement on Twitter regarding the alleged 'domestic violence' Orlando airport incident with Alberto El Patron:

"Alberto didn't want me to say full story because he didn't want people to know and I didn't want people to know that I threw a drink on him. But the full story is. I had a phone call saying my uncle is in a bad way.

I'm crying outside the restaurant. I go in, alberto is hugging me. I'm a little sensitive and we start bickering about something so small. I say I'm leaving and he says something that I won't write on here but it wasn't nice and I, even though I shouldn't have done it.

I threw a drink in his face because I was so angry. Again. Shouldn't have done it. It was in front of a lot of people. I walk out. He follows me a few seconds later and gets the cops and security and a crazy lady decides to leave whatever she's doing to follow us and invade our privacy in the completely low way. Only low life people would do.

Anyways. It was ME who was being held for battery charges because I threw a drink on him. No. he never touched me and no I never hit him with a glass 3 times like the internet in all their glory is making out. Its completely ridiculous how one story can spiral out of control.

Oh and guess what internet. He smelt like beer BECAUSE I THREW A BEER ON HIM. Nothing more. Nothing less. No one got arrested. There's no mug shots. There's no charges. Nothing.

The horrible, disgusting human being of lady decided she wanted to make money out of our misfortune. I wish, WISH people would give us the privacy we deserve. I know we won't get it. But I WISH that would happen.

And if you listen to that stupid audio. You will hear him saying he's pressing charges on ME. We all say stuff when we are mad.

That's all I will say about the airport situation. Again. Thanks for the privacy at this time."

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/...c-Battery-NOT/

Like Sand Through The Hourglass... So Are The Days Of Our Lives ...
Old 07-12-17, 11:06 PM   #1257
DVD Talk Legend

If you throw a drink on someone that's domestic assault?
Old 07-13-17, 04:40 AM   #1258

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
I feel like they need to legitimize the new title, and going for a unification match even in the next year doesn't do that. He needs to drop the US title first, IMHO. And they need to build to a payoff with him and Ibushi, who I think is finally dropping the Tiger Mask W mask.
I wasn't thinking unification. I was thinking more along the lines of him having the two belts. More to showoff and such. That's such an Elite thing to do.
Old 07-13-17, 07:36 AM   #1259
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Paige Claims She's Being Investigated For Domestic Battery NOT Alberto El Patron.

WWE Superstar Paige has issued the following statement on Twitter regarding the alleged 'domestic violence' Orlando airport incident with Alberto El Patron:

"Alberto didn't want me to say full story because he didn't want people to know and I didn't want people to know that I threw a drink on him. But the full story is. I had a phone call saying my uncle is in a bad way.

I'm crying outside the restaurant. I go in, alberto is hugging me. I'm a little sensitive and we start bickering about something so small. I say I'm leaving and he says something that I won't write on here but it wasn't nice and I, even though I shouldn't have done it.

I threw a drink in his face because I was so angry. Again. Shouldn't have done it. It was in front of a lot of people. I walk out. He follows me a few seconds later and gets the cops and security and a crazy lady decides to leave whatever she's doing to follow us and invade our privacy in the completely low way. Only low life people would do.

Anyways. It was ME who was being held for battery charges because I threw a drink on him. No. he never touched me and no I never hit him with a glass 3 times like the internet in all their glory is making out. Its completely ridiculous how one story can spiral out of control.

Oh and guess what internet. He smelt like beer BECAUSE I THREW A BEER ON HIM. Nothing more. Nothing less. No one got arrested. There's no mug shots. There's no charges. Nothing.

The horrible, disgusting human being of lady decided she wanted to make money out of our misfortune. I wish, WISH people would give us the privacy we deserve. I know we won't get it. But I WISH that would happen.

And if you listen to that stupid audio. You will hear him saying he's pressing charges on ME. We all say stuff when we are mad.

That's all I will say about the airport situation. Again. Thanks for the privacy at this time."

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/...c-Battery-NOT/

Like Sand Through The Hourglass... So Are The Days Of Our Lives ...
its not invasion of privacy once you are in public.
There is a master key and a spare key for the office. Dwight has them both. When I asked, "what if you die, Dwight? How will we get into the office?" He said, "if I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks."
Old 07-13-17, 08:49 AM   #1260

Anyway, so I was able to stream Smackdown last night.

Tye Dillinger sighting. To celebrate his great performance from the Battle Royal last week, we have him losing to Jinder rather quickly. He could have gotten a little more offense for pete's sake. Oh wait, let's put me to sleep by having Jinder talk after the match. And by the way, I don't disrespect you because of your nationality...I disrespect you and fast forward thru you because you are annoying you roided up freak.

Okay, I feel better. Anyway...don't care (like to care when Charlotte's involved but I don't) about another 5-way women's match. Apparently Becky & Charlotte are now Hall & Nash.

Mike & Maria finally take to the offensive against poor Sami Zayn with an exploding glass shot. I'm never a fan of those spots.

Oh...and the Fashion Police bit...HILARIOUS. That's it, hope it gets more interesting (not even a tease with the MITB on either end) at the PPV in a couple of weeks but I doubt it. On to NXT (which I'll watch tonight).
Yes, I have my own webpage - @ Kedrix.net
Personal VUDU M2D Page -->http://www.kedrix.net/vudu-mobile-d2d/
Old 07-13-17, 03:48 PM   #1261
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
“While this was probably not the reason for the split, since the split was teased months ago, Enzo Amore right now has a lot of heat on him. There was an incident on the tour bus when the talent was traveling together several weeks ago. We haven’t been able to confirm the details as to why this happened although it had to do with the business and it upset many to the point that Reigns kicked Enzo off the bus and for a time he was given “Miz treatment” in that he wasn’t allowed to dress in the locker room. The line where he talked about his real life being better than his fantasy life was something of a shoot in the sense he’s now based in Los Angeles and having a great time in his non-wrestling life. He was also legit not happy at the breakup of the team, because in reality, it’s hard to see what his prospects are on his own given the way he’s been portrayed as a guy who is a joke when facing real competition.

Cass has some heat, particularly with his views on politics as he’s a strong Trump supporter in a locker room where many don’t share those views, but management is super high on him and unlike with Enzo, the reaction of the wrestlers to him will not affect his push, at least right now. But the reaction to him is pale compared to that of Enzo.” -Dave Meltzer on this week’s WON
Old 07-13-17, 06:07 PM   #1262
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Note - Video doesn't start until 35 seconds in.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 07-13-17 at 11:52 PM.
Old 07-13-17, 09:19 PM   #1263
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Shayna Baszler officially quit fighting?
Old 07-13-17, 09:29 PM   #1264
DVD Talk Legend

Why would they have the video start at 35 seconds? I thought the video was broken or something. Also didn't realize both members of the Dollhouse are in the tournament. Also Kairi getting the Ibushi treatment.

Last edited by fujishig; 07-13-17 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-14-17, 12:01 AM   #1265
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Why would they have the video start at 35 seconds? I thought the video was broken or something.
Yeah weird that they didn't edited out those 35 seconds - unlike some wrestling companies - see below - the videos WWE uploads always start at the worst a couple of seconds in.

Hey its better than what New Japan Pro Wrestling did when they uploaded some of the early matches of each night of the G1 USA events that took place early July.
First nights video - didn't start until 15 minutes in - then there was a 5 minute preview before the opening of the show took place.
Second nights video - didn't started until 12 minutes in - then there was a 5 minute preview before the opening of the show took place.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 07-14-17 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-14-17, 01:06 AM   #1266

Old 07-14-17, 03:36 AM   #1267
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHS? View Post
Shayna Baszler officially quit fighting?
She's been training and wrestling pretty much full-time for a couple years now. I think fighting has been second to wrestling since she got bounced from the UFC. My guess is that she's done fighting. It'll be interesting to see if the WWE does anything with her considering she's, well.... not that attractive.
Old 07-14-17, 06:54 AM   #1268
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Went to NXT in Vancouver tonight. Man I hope they don't fuck over Roderick Strong. He's one of the best in ring talents on planet earth right now. I'm talking Top 10, maybe Top 5. His look and promo are both well above average, but not outstanding. He reminds me a lot of Dean Malenko actually, I just hope WWE doesn't treat him like they did Malenko.

Furthermore Bobby Roode has the best entrance and theme song in wrestling right now. He should be thanking his lucky stars that Triple H forced it on him even though he didn't like it.

This may sound heartless and morbid, but I'm looking forward to the day Vince McMahon dies, I think the WWE under Triple H will probably be an immensely better product. At least if NXT is any indication.
Old 07-14-17, 07:52 AM   #1269
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sorry, the corporate overlords will never allow it.
Old 07-14-17, 07:14 PM   #1270
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Motes View Post
Went to NXT in Vancouver tonight. Man I hope they don't fuck over Roderick Strong. He's one of the best in ring talents on planet earth right now. I'm talking Top 10, maybe Top 5. His look and promo are both well above average, but not outstanding. He reminds me a lot of Dean Malenko actually, I just hope WWE doesn't treat him like they did Malenko.
Yeah, he's definitely got some Malenko. I see a some Benoit as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Motes View Post
Furthermore Bobby Roode has the best entrance and theme song in wrestling right now. He should be thanking his lucky stars that Triple H forced it on him even though he didn't like it.
I heard that they initially offered the theme to Nakamura but he wasn't feeling it. I really don't think Roode would be in the place he is in without that theme.
Old 07-16-17, 09:31 PM   #1271
DVD Talk Special Edition

Talking Smack was cancelled and Rene Young and Daniel Bryan found out about this on Twitter.
Old 07-17-17, 09:31 AM   #1272
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
Two fake accounts talking to each other. Sweet.
Old 07-17-17, 11:47 AM   #1273
DVD Talk Legend

So after that Ibushi/Naito match ended day 1 of the G1 tournament, I have my doubts that any of these guys are going to survive the month. Geez.
Old 07-17-17, 07:35 PM   #1274
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxBandit View Post
Note - Video doesn't start until 35 seconds in.

No Chyna, Beth Phoenix, Mickie James, Natty Neidhart or Molly Holly in that video package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
Triple H GOAT?!? give me a fucking break. He's not even in the top 15 ever.
Old 07-17-17, 09:11 PM   #1275
DVD Talk Special Edition

What kind of bullshit was that about Kurt Angle and Jason Jordan? Seriously? Bastard angle? Couldn't they simply have Angle just see potential in American Alpha and just push them?