Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 03-20-17, 12:36 PM   #526
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: The 2017 Pro Wrestling Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
WWE has announced that Jim Cornette will induct the Rock N Roll Express. I'm shocked as Cornette has been extremely vocal about dislinking Vince and everyone involved with WWE production.
He did a shoot with KC a few years ago saying if the R&R Express were to be put in the Hall if he did the inducting, he would do it just so they'd get another payday. He wouldn't do it for just himself.
Old 03-20-17, 12:42 PM   #527
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
WWE has announced that Jim Cornette will induct the Rock N Roll Express. I'm shocked as Cornette has been extremely vocal about dislinking Vince and everyone involved with WWE production.
Watch for a sneak attack by The Midnight Express along with Jim Cornette's tennis racket.
Old 03-20-17, 01:34 PM   #528
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Now I have to watch, just to see if he can keep himself under control.
Old 03-20-17, 01:46 PM   #529
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
HOF Induction Ceremony just became must see television. Cornette, Live mic? Holy crap, I just got goosebumps (more than I can say for WrestleMania itself).
Yes, I have my own webpage - @ Kedrix.net
Personal VUDU M2D Page -->http://www.kedrix.net/vudu-mobile-d2d/
Old 03-20-17, 02:10 PM   #530
DVD Talk Legend

Obligatory

Old 03-20-17, 03:18 PM   #531
DVD Talk Legend

So I watched the first segment of Impact last week. Alberto was asked to give up the title off camera (they're obviously trying to draw website or YouTube views or something) because they looked at the replay and determined he cheated, and they told him they can't guarantee him a rematch with the champ. What the heck was the point of him winning the title in the first place? Seems like same old, same old to me. Of course he agreed like a wuss because he's the baby face. Ugh.
Old 03-20-17, 03:38 PM   #532
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
So I watched the first segment of Impact last week. Alberto was asked to give up the title off camera (they're obviously trying to draw website or YouTube views or something) because they looked at the replay and determined he cheated, and they told him they can't guarantee him a rematch with the champ. What the heck was the point of him winning the title in the first place? Seems like same old, same old to me. Of course he agreed like a wuss because he's the baby face. Ugh.
TNA ... lol..
There is a master key and a spare key for the office. Dwight has them both. When I asked, "what if you die, Dwight? How will we get into the office?" He said, "if I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks."
Old 03-20-17, 04:18 PM   #533
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

STOKED about Jim Cornette. Hopefully this paves the way for him and the Midnight getting inducted.
Old 03-20-17, 04:27 PM   #534
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think they're relying on the notion that Corny wouldn't say anything too bad so the Midnights could get in later as well.
Old 03-20-17, 06:28 PM   #535
DVD Talk Legend

Gonna be an interesting night

"We wouldn't have to "regress" so much if it wasn't for that weird period in comics history when EVERYTHING in comics had to be awful and bleak. Characters died, became killers, were crippled and had lots of pouches and belts on their costumes, and we, this generation of creators, represent the undoing of that." - Ethan Van Sciver.
Old 03-20-17, 07:33 PM   #536
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nice to see Joe get the win over Zayn. It's about time.

Goat3001: "I like when Ronnie says he has the best girl in Seaside. It's like saying you're dating the smartest girl in Special Ed."
Old 03-20-17, 07:46 PM   #537
DVD Talk Special Edition

When is one of the female wrestlers going to get payback on Steph for all the shit she does? What made the Vince and Shane's feuds with wrestlers interesting is that they would get their ass kicked by the WWE superstars, and in the process gave fans what they wanted. Steph never gets to be beaten by anyone and it makes her character extremely boring.
Old 03-20-17, 08:15 PM   #538
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuessWho View Post
Obligatory

Maybe I should stake out a Wendy's (JC's favorite fast food joint) near the HOF ceremony. Could get a show afterward.
Old 03-20-17, 09:25 PM   #539
DVD Talk Special Edition

Smart way to keep those Paige chants out on the New Day segment by doing it backstage
Old 03-20-17, 09:27 PM   #540
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Smart way to keep those Paige chants out on the New Day segment by doing it backstage.
Isn't that what got them in this mess to begin with?

Goat3001: "I like when Ronnie says he has the best girl in Seaside. It's like saying you're dating the smartest girl in Special Ed."
Old 03-21-17, 06:03 AM   #541
DVD Talk Limited Edition

According to one of these YouTube Wrestling News shows,Vince McMahon isn't too happy with the Cruiser Weight Division and would pull them off RAW if they had a deeper roster that could fill the three hour time slot.
Old 03-21-17, 07:04 AM   #542
DVD Talk Special Edition

Undertaker seems off. Not only is he out of shape, but he looks to be injured.
Old 03-21-17, 07:09 AM   #543
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I saw him grimace after he choke slammed Strowman. Thought he was gonna collapse
Old 03-21-17, 08:20 AM   #544
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd-4-life View Post
According to one of these YouTube Wrestling News shows,Vince McMahon isn't too happy with the Cruiser Weight Division and would pull them off RAW if they had a deeper roster that could fill the three hour time slot.
Honestly I wish they would send all the Smackdown teams over to Raw, then send the cruiserweight division over to Smackdown. Smackdown's tone would be a better fit for the cruiserweights, but the tag division seems like an afterthought over there.

Meanwhile, Raw has a few strong teams but no depth to the division. I think Raw could easily run 3 tag team feuds at once with a deeper tag roster, instead of the current situation where you have a title feud on each brand but little going on with the rest of the teams.
Old 03-21-17, 08:29 AM   #545
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Honestly I wish they would send all the Smackdown teams over to Raw, then send the cruiserweight division over to Smackdown. Smackdown's tone would be a better fit for the cruiserweights, but the tag division seems like an afterthought over there.

Meanwhile, Raw has a few strong teams but no depth to the division. I think Raw could easily run 3 tag team feuds at once with a deeper tag roster, instead of the current situation where you have a title feud on each brand but little going on with the rest of the teams.
One reason I stopped watching Smackdown was because of the joke they call the tag team division. There isn't one team their that could make the grade of the WWF/NWA tag team divisions from the mid to late 1980s(not even as jobbers).
Old 03-21-17, 08:46 AM   #546
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd-4-life View Post
One reason I stopped watching Smackdown was because of the joke they call the tag team division. There isn't one team their that could make the grade of the WWF/NWA tag team divisions from the mid to late 1980s(not even as jobbers).
I'm not sure I agree with that. AA isn't ready for their spot but they'd be there. Breezedango, I just have a soft spot for. The Vaudvillians are just horribly misused.
Old 03-21-17, 09:50 AM   #547
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
I'm not sure I agree with that. AA isn't ready for their spot but they'd be there. Breezedango, I just have a soft spot for. The Vaudvillians are just horribly misused.
Yeah, I think they have some interesting teams there. In a strong division you should have your title contenders, your midcarders, and your jobbers. Smackdown has - at the moment - 2 credible title contender teams (Alpha & Usos) and a lot of midcard level teams. I think a few of these teams could be elevated to the title level with the proper build, but the Smackdown creative team -- for all its strengths -- seems to be disinterested in the tag division for the most part.

Ascension could be built up to become the team they were in NXT... Konnor looks like a demon with his new look. Breezango could be solid midcard foils for top teams to feud with when it wasn't their turn to be in the title picture. With the Vaudevillains I wish we were seeing the amusing antics we saw from them in NXT, but I'm guessing that side will be stifled so as to not cause confusion with Jack Gallagher.

Alpha's major struggle right now is that WWE thought they could just coast off their NXT popularity, but their lack of a clear identity on the main roster is hurting them a bit.

Usos are killing it with their recent promos, but the sad thing is they haven't been showcased much on the mic to continue to build these personas.
Old 03-21-17, 10:14 AM   #548
DVD Talk Legend

Forgot about the Usos. They are absolute gold with their heel turn and for the life of me I don't know why they haven't gotten a title run.

The same thing is going to happen with #DIY as it did with AA. They're going to try and coast on their NXT popularity and not actually build personalities for them. Dash and Dawson will be wasted on whatever brand they get elevated to. I hope they get stuck in NXT although they more than deserve a promotion.
Old 03-21-17, 11:21 AM   #549
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When Smackdown made jobbers Rhyno and Heath Slater tag champs for no apparent reason,that's when I stopped watching. That would be like the WWF making Barry O and Steve Lombardi tag champs.

Any word on the latest RAW tv ratings? Last night's show was one of the worst I have ever seen. I may have watched one match and FF through all the rest.
Old 03-21-17, 11:53 AM   #550
DVD Talk Special Edition

The photo leaks now include Melina and Victoria (separately)