Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 02-23-17, 05:33 PM   #301
DVD Talk Hero

Re: The One and Only FOX Sports and FS1 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabb View Post
I never understood FS1 strategy as from day one they were trying emulate every obnoxious thing that ESPN did. There are serious sports fans like me DYING for serious sports talk as I haven't watched anything on ESPN for 15 years when they decided to make every show like PTI on Steroids.
You can thank Fox Sports President Jamie Horowitz for that. When FOX hired him, the first thing he did was kill the news and highlight studio shows. He says that no one cares about news and highlights anymore. He says most get their news and highlights off the internet and mobile devices.

For some reason he thinks sports debate shows are the wave of the future.
Old 02-25-17, 07:13 AM   #302
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/D...orts-Live.aspx

FS1 cancels FOX Sports Live. Jay and Dan (the 2 Canadian idiots) contracts won't be renewed.

It went from Sports Center competition to cheap late night talk show. Good Riddance.

Also, Garbage Time with Katie Nolan cancelled in it's current format. That show actually won a sports emmy.
I used to liked Jay and Dan when they were at TSN. I don't know how their show was at FS1 but I wouldn't mind seeing them again here in Canada.
Old 02-25-17, 08:17 AM   #303
DVD Talk Hero

Katie Nolan is the only good thing the network has going for it personality-wise.
Old 02-25-17, 08:41 PM   #304

There's talk that Katie may get a morning or afternoon show, possibly with Cris Carter and Nick Wright.
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/p...ts-1-ESPN.html
Old 02-25-17, 08:49 PM   #305
DVD Talk God

Cris Carter is the worst. Always changed off Mike & Mike when he was on.
"A question for you. Would you rather Bucknell make the NCAA's once every 20 years or so and get ass raped by teams like Kansas in the first round or have them drop down a rung to a confernce where they can compete for a title?"
- Josh Hinkle
1st Round Final Scores: Bucknell 64 Kansas 63 | Bucknell 59 Arkansas 55
Old 02-25-17, 11:39 PM   #306
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
I used to liked Jay and Dan when they were at TSN. I don't know how their show was at FS1 but I wouldn't mind seeing them again here in Canada.
Jay is apparently going back to Canada from the last reports I read.

Dan's status is unknown.

I can see why FS1 is in love with Katie Nolan. She's cute, she's a millennial and can talk sports. They probably want her as the face of the network to appeal to millennial men.

When I briefly worked at FS1 back in 2013, she was the best thing of that God awful Regis Philbin show that helped launch the network.

I personally don't like what FS1 has done with their network. It's very frustrating for some of us old "dinosaur" sports fans who don't care about this opinion-based talk shows. Plus, they don't seem interested in developing their own talent aside from Nolan. All the people they have picked up recently....Skip Bayless, Cris Carter, Chris Broussard, Colin Cowherd, Jason Whitlock are all ESPN castoffs.
Old 02-26-17, 08:34 AM   #307
DVD Talk Legend

I miss Speed Network.
Old 03-02-17, 09:51 PM   #308

The Sporting News is reporting that Katie Nolan is reportedly being "wooed" by ESPN, possibly to team up with Mike Greenberg.

ESPN is secretly wooing FS1 rising star Katie Nolan, Sporting News has learned.

ESPN boss John Skipper, Connor Schell and producer Erik Rydhom have held exploratory talks with the Emmy-winning star of "Garbage Time" about joining the Worldwide Leader in Sports, according to sources.

If ESPN is able to steal Nolan away from FS1, the network has big plans for Nolan and her irreverent personality, sources said.

One possibility: pairing her with "Mike & Mike in the Morning" co-host Mike Greenberg for a national show that would create an All-Star morning show team — and mark the end of Greenberg's on-air 17-year partnership with Mike Golic.

The new Greenberg morning show will likely be produced in New York City where "Garbage Time" was shot. Nolan, a Boston native, has been reluctant to leave the East Coast for FS1's studios in Los Angeles.
http://www.sportingnews.com/other-sp...c1oav8u6o97jde
Old 03-03-17, 10:54 AM   #309
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan64 View Post

ESPN is secretly wooing FS1 rising star Katie Nolan, Sporting News has learned.

]
While she is super cute, she is also super annoying and not funny. I would watch her show from time to time because there is nothing on at midnight, and of course she had to make every sports topic come back somehow to her Boston teams (Bill Simmons did the same crap with his show). But she's a cute girl so she will always be in demand for eye candy on Sports Shows.