Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 02-02-13, 11:33 PM   #1
Obi-Wan Jabroni
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sheepamania I - aka Pro Wrestling Sheep

CLOSED TO NEW ENTRIES, THANKS!

Welcome to Pro Wrestling Sheep!

Intro for first time players
Spoiler:

Sheep is a game that is part Family Feud, part trivia game. The object of the game is to outwit other players through a series of questions that are usually united in theme. There are two types of questions.

The first, Sheep, is one where you try to think like everyone else and match their answers. The more people you match, the better you do. Let's say we have a game of six players (A through F). A Sheep question might be something like "Name a great color." Sheep questions never have right or wrong answers. Let's say our five players answered like this:

Players A, C, and E said "Blue"
Players B and D said "Green"
Player F said "Chartreuse"

Scoring in Sheep games is like golf: the lower your score, the better. The "Blue" players get -3 points (and the best answer). The "Green" players get -2 points. Player F did not match anyone and gets 0 points.

The second type of question, Reverse Sheep, is the exact opposite. You want to avoid matching other players. A Reverse Sheep question might be something like "Name a state on the Atlantic Coast." Reverse Sheep questions always have right or wrong answers. Let's say our players answered like this:

Players D and E said "Delaware"
Players F and B said "Maine"
Player C said "Texas"
Player A said "South Carolina"

The "Delaware" players get +2 points (a penalty, since you want to have a low score). The "Maine" players also get +2 points. Player C's answer might be debated among the players to see if it is considered correct or not. Wrong answers always score above the most common answer. You're always better off going for something obvious than for something obviously wrong.

That's the gist of it. Each person running a game adds little rules here and there but those are the basics.

General Rules
Spoiler:

• The object of the game is to out-think everyone by picking answers to questions that are the most common (Sheep) or least common (Reverse Sheep), but still correct.
  • Example Sheep question: "Name a professional golfer." A good answer might be Tiger Woods and a bad answer might be Chichi Rodriguez.
  • Example Reverse Sheep question: "Name a play by Shakespeare." Romeo & Juliet might be a bad answer, but Two Gentlemen of Verona might be a good answer. (Unless everyone is trying to go as obscure as possible).
  • Scores are tallied according to the number of players answering that question. Sheep answers are tallied as negative. Reverse Sheep answers are tallied as positive. The lowest score wins.
  • There is no such thing as wrong answer for a Sheep question. Wrong answers in Reverse Sheep are scored two points above the most common answer.
  • You may not cheat by using Google, Wikipedia, etc. Use only what's in your head.
  • Please send in your answers to me via PM. Place one answer per line, without numbers, set info, or the question itself. Add {sd} to the end of the answer, not the beginning. Those who do not do this will be penalized 20 points right off the bat.
  • Note: Be creative with your answers, but don't be stupid.
  • Sheep questions are marked by an S:, Reverse Sheep questions are marked by an R:.

Game-Specific Rules
Spoiler:

• Unique Bonus: Reverse Sheep questions will generate additional bonus (negative) points according to the following:
    1 Unique is awarded -15
    2 Uniques are awarded -10 each
    3 Uniques are awarded -6 each
    4 Uniques are awarded -3 each
    5+ Uniques are awarded -1 each
  • Slam Dunks {sd} Players have the power of multipliers in their hands. Each player is given five (5) Slam Dunks ({sd}s) which they use by adding {sd} to the end of their answer. Slam Dunks have different effects depending on the question you use them in:
    • In Sheep questions, the {sd} adds 1 to the Multiplier. You are allowed to use up to all 5 of your {sd}s on any given question.
    • In Reverse Sheep questions, you can use a single {sd} to turn the question into a sheep question for you. However, if your answer is wrong, it does nothing. I will answer any questions you have about Slam Dunks.

• And another reminder: Please send in your answers to me via PM. Place one answer per line, without numbers or the question itself. Add {sd} to the end of the answer, not the beginning. Those who do not do this will be penalized 20 points right off the bat.

I will also correct mistakes you may have made when originally sending me your answers at a cost of 10 points.

For the purposes of this game, the terms WWE, WWF, and WWWF are considered to be interchangable. For any disputies regarding title histories, wrestling-titles.com will be considered the final authority.
    ENTRIES CLOSED!
    Game will start within a couple of days after entries are closed, assuming Star Wars Sheep has finished.

Now on to the questions!

The Questions

1. S: Name a theatrically released movie that features a pro-wrestler not named Hulk Hogan or The Rock.
    2. R: Name a wrestler or tag team that brought a live animal to the ring with them for matches (George Steele and Road Warrior Animal do not count as live "animals").
    3. S: The heels (or "Bad Guys") are the wrestlers that you love to hate, who is the best heel in the history of the business?
    4. R: Name a wrestler who has held the WWE Heavyweight Championship on more than 2 occasions (The current WWE "World Title" aka the big gold belt aka the former WCW belt does not count).
    5. S: What is the greatest wrestling video game of all time, apart from WWF No Mercy?
    6. R: The wrestling stable is a tried and true tradition, and the Four Horsemen is the stable by which all others are measured. Name a member of the Four Horsemen.
    7. S: Other than the Ultimate Warrior, name a wrestler or tag team that was/is billed as being from Parts Unknown.
    8. S: Name a wrestling promotion past or present, other than WWE or WCW.
    9. R: Name a theatrically released film that features pro-wrestling as the subject, main plot, or a prominent backdrop.
    10. S: Who is the best worker (in ring performer) of all time?
    11. S: Who is the least deserving member of the WWE Hall of Fame?
    12. R: The Undertaker is a perfect 20-0 at Wrestlemania. Name one of the opponents he has beaten during that streak.
    13. S: Tag Team wrestling is largely a lost art in today's business, what is the greatest tag team of all time?
    14. S: Theme music can make or break an entrance, what is the best entrance music in the history of the business?
    15. R: Name a wrestler who has held both the WWE and WCW Heavyweight Championships. (The current WWE World title is not considered the same as the WCW Title)
    16. S: Working the mic is a talent that can take one very far in this business, perhaps even further than in ring talent. Who is the best talker in wrestling history?
    17. R: Vince McMahon has had many failed projects outside of wrestling, perhaps none more colossal than the XFL. Name an XFL Team.
    18. S: What is the best movie featuring the Rock, if you smell what I'm coooking?
    19. R: Love it or hate it, the wrestling business loves to put celebrities in the ring and make you pay to watch it. Name an outside celebrity who has competed in a match on a pro-wrestling Pay-Per-View.
    20. S: Wrestling has had more than its share of attractive ladies over the years, who is the hottest female in wrestling history?

-----
    PSN: CactusKind

Last edited by Obi-Wan Jabroni; 02-04-13 at 09:52 PM.
    Old 02-03-13, 12:31 AM   #2
    brainee
    DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Sheepamania I - aka Pro Wrestling Sheep

Good questions! Thanks for doing this Obi-Wan. A few questions of my own.

For #5, there are a number of wrestling game series. If we don't specify the year of release will that match up with people who are more specific? (Thinking about the Enterprise question one guy got screwed on in Sci-Fi Sheep where he was the only one to specify his Enterprise and matched no one)

For #13, will it be a match if two players use different names for the same team? (For example, some teams have to change their names when wrestling in a new promotion)

For #19, I'm reading it as celebrities MUST be officially wrestling ... meaning guest referees, managers, timekeepers, ringside helpers, between-match skit performers, etc ... are all wrong. Right? And does someone still count as a "celebrity" if they were originally famous for something else but ended up becoming a full-time wrestler at a later point in their career?

And for #17 ... screw you!

I feel like I almost know too much for some of the reverse sheep. I just know I'll try to get cute, go obscure, and have like a dozen of you match. Only to see the no-brainer answer be unique.
    Old 02-03-13, 12:56 AM   #3
    bunkaroo
    DVD Talk Legend

Answers sent! Actually knew a lot more than I thought I did but I have at least 2 reverse questions I know are wrong. Good questions.
    Old 02-03-13, 01:02 AM   #4
    Obi-Wan Jabroni
    DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brainee View Post
    For #5, there are a number of wrestling game series. If we don't specify the year of release will that match up with people who are more specific? (Thinking about the Enterprise question one guy got screwed on in Sci-Fi Sheep where he was the only one to specify his Enterprise and matched no one)
    The question asks specifically for a game. So if it's a series numbered by year, I would expect the year. If someone specified the series without a year, they would only match others who did the same. And in a few examples I can think of, the first game in the series was without a year, so it would match the first game in the series.

Quote:
    For #13, will it be a match if two players use different names for the same team? (For example, some teams have to change their names when wrestling in a new promotion)
    Yes, Different names for the same team would be considered a match.

Quote:
    For #19, I'm reading it as celebrities MUST be officially wrestling ... meaning guest referees, managers, timekeepers, ringside helpers, between-match skit performers, etc ... are all wrong. Right? And does someone still count as a "celebrity" if they were originally famous for something else but ended up becoming a full-time wrestler at a later point in their career?
    Correct, celebrities must be competing in the match. If they are involved in any capacity where they could not theoretially "win" the match, then it is a wrong answer.

As for your second question, I would accept that answer as long as the original match was billed as a celebrity appearance, and there was no indication that said celebrity was going to be wrestling full time afterward.

-----
    Old 02-03-13, 01:22 AM   #5
    GuessWho
    DVD Talk Legend

Entered!

Thanks, Obi!
    Old 02-03-13, 01:28 AM   #6
    brainee
    DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
    Name a wrestler or tag team that brought a live animal to the ring with them for matches (George Steele and Road Warrior Animal do not count as live "animals").
    So it sounds like Kane (for bringing a goat to the ring) and B. Brian Blair and Jumpin' Jim Brunzell (for bringing a Killer Bee) are both no gos too

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bunkaroo View Post
    Answers sent! Actually knew a lot more than I thought I did but I have at least 2 reverse questions I know are wrong.
    I'm resigned to the fact that the XFL team I list will turn out to be from the Arena League or USFL.

Quote:
    As for your second question, I would accept that answer as long as the original match was billed as a celebrity appearance, and there was no indication that said celebrity was going to be wrestling full time afterward.
    There goes my sneaky Kurt Angle answer!
    Old 02-03-13, 01:32 AM   #7
    Obi-Wan Jabroni
    DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
    So it sounds like Kane (for bringing a goat to the ring) and B. Brian Blair and Jumpin' Jim Brunzell (for bringing a Killer Bee) are both no gos too
    matches = more than 1 match.

-----
    Old 02-03-13, 01:45 AM   #8
    fumanstan
    DVD Talk Hero

Sent mine in. Didn't think too much about it, so hopefully it doesn't bite me in the ass. Most of the fun is just seeing the results anyway

VG Round 1b | VG Round 7 | NFL
    Old 02-03-13, 01:46 AM   #9
    JasonF
    DVD Talk Hero

I know zero about Wrestling, so I'll be sitting this one out, but it's always fun to watch the results, so I'm looking forward to that!
    "JasonF can do no wrong!" -- Rockmjd23
    Old 02-03-13, 01:49 AM   #10
    chrisih8u
    DVD Talk Legend

Entered. Thanks!

I hope partial answers are ok for the XFL question. I only remembered one (I hope) but not where they played.
    Old 02-03-13, 01:58 AM   #11
    brainee
    DVD Talk Limited Edition

Answers sent!

I hope you're right chrisih8u. I only put down a name (not a city to go with them).

Just wiki'ed it ... I'm wrong anyway!
    Old 02-03-13, 02:04 AM   #12
    Arpeggi
    Banned

Sent
    Old 02-03-13, 02:49 AM   #13
    Shamus McAnally
    DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks for putting this together Obi-Wan Jabroni!

My DVD list
    Old 02-03-13, 04:26 AM   #14
    nickdawgy
    DVD Talk Hero

I entered as well and I only remembered a couple XFL teams, too
    Old 02-03-13, 05:42 AM   #15
    TheKing
    DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm in. Should be fun.
    Old 02-03-13, 06:46 AM   #16
    Fist of Doom
    DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great questions.

I closely followed wrestling for only a couple of years about a decade ago. I've paid some attention to it before and after. I'm sure I got a couple of questions wrong, but I think I've got a few good sheep answers. Should be fun.
    Old 02-03-13, 08:50 AM   #17
    Obi-Wan Jabroni
    DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chrisih8u View Post
    Entered. Thanks!

I hope partial answers are ok for the XFL question. I only remembered one (I hope) but not where they played.
    What are some opinions from the herd on this one? And what about someone who submitted a city but no team name?

I'm inclined to mark a city with no team name as a wrong answer, but you're welcome to argue otherwise.

A team with no city, I haven't quite made up my mind about.

Also remember that since this is reverse, allowing answers like these to match could theoretically hurt the scores of people who did remember both the city and team.

-----
    Old 02-03-13, 08:51 AM   #18
    Obi-Wan Jabroni
    DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks everyone for the terriffic early response. I have entries from:

bunkaroo
    GuessWho
    fumanstan
    chrisih8u
    Rockmjd23
    rhpsozzy
    brainee
    devilshalo
    Arpeggi
    Shamus McAnally
    nickdawgy
    TheKing
    Fist of Doom

-----
    Old 02-03-13, 09:22 AM   #19
    The Dude
    DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just sent in answers...not loving my usage of sd's.
    Old 02-03-13, 09:50 AM   #20
    Tarantino
    DVD Talk Legend

Mine will be in soon.

XBox Live - Kleeberg
    Old 02-03-13, 10:38 AM   #21
    GuessWho
    DVD Talk Legend

Now that my answers are locked in, I've done some Googling and kicking myself in a "what was I thinking????" way. That'll teach me to play at 1am.!
    Old 02-03-13, 11:36 AM   #22
    Damfino
    DVD Talk Limited Edition

Answers will be in shortly!
    Old 02-03-13, 02:54 PM   #23
    brainee
    DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
    What are some opinions from the herd on this one? And what about someone who submitted a city but no team name?

I'm inclined to mark a city with no team name as a wrong answer, but you're welcome to argue otherwise.

A team with no city, I haven't quite made up my mind about.

Also remember that since this is reverse, allowing answers like these to match could theoretically hurt the scores of people who did remember both the city and team.
    Well, I have no horse in this race since I only listed a team name and it was wrong

I'd mark just a city answer as wrong (I just assumed that would be the case or else that's what I would've done). And I'd group all the answers that had the franchise name together.

But maybe the people who this ruling would affect will have stronger opinions. And sheepmaster has veto power over everyone!
    Old 02-03-13, 03:03 PM   #24
    Obi-Wan Jabroni
    DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
    Well, I have no horse in this race since I only listed a team name and it was wrong

I'd mark just a city answer as wrong (I just assumed that would be the case or else that's what I would've done). And I'd group all the answers that had the franchise name together.

But maybe the people who this ruling would affect will have stronger opinions. And sheepmaster has veto power over everyone!
    I'm leaning towards wrong on both counts unless someone provides a compelling reason why not. IF you except the partial answer, I think you have to count it the same as people who provided the full answer, otherwise you could do something like award a unique to someone who only came up with the team name when 5 other people had the full name.

-----
    Old 02-03-13, 03:16 PM   #25
    Damfino
    DVD Talk Limited Edition

I say city and team name because I got this one right and I need all the help I can get. also because I might be the only one here that actually attended an XFL game!