Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 05-10-12, 11:41 PM   #51
DthRdrX
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: The May 2012 Wrestling Thread: Punk vs. Bryan. PPV. That is all.

Lmao ...
Quote:
i guess he only had 5 moves in the bedroom as well.
Quote:
it's the rock's fault for spilling the beans about eve, lol.
Old 05-11-12, 01:30 AM   #52
argh923
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My Blu-Ray/DVD Collection
Old 05-11-12, 02:06 AM   #53
sven
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
jesus christ... what happened to her?
She was always pretty beat up looking.
Old 05-11-12, 02:49 AM   #54
sleepyhead55
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is it wrong to hope for some sort of juicy gossip to come out of this?
Old 05-11-12, 09:00 AM   #55
Dr. DVD
DVD Talk Legend

For anyone who cares about TNA: apparently they are now going to try an angle involving AJ Styles and a cougar-like Dixie Carter. Gotta give this organization credit. Just when you think they couldn't do anything dumber, they top themselves.
Old 05-11-12, 09:59 AM   #56
salamander2
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
jesus christ... what happened to her?
Well she is now a horror hostess for some DVD's so she might be going for that Elvira image?
Old 05-11-12, 10:02 AM   #57
raven56706
DVD Talk Legend

this might be more entertaining than all of TNA's shows.... Scott Steiner ranting on twitter

Quote:
Scott Steiner continued his assault on TNA today, this time with comments on Hulk Hogan, writing on his Twitter the following in response to comments Hogan made:

"Hogan did interview saying i must be unhappy in my life,F-CK U hogan Im very happy in my life,Im Not the one who went on Larry King crying like a b-tch and saying that you put a gun in your mouth and Was going to pull the trigger," Steiner wrote. "Quit lying bcuz nobody believes yur bullsh-t,you 3 a--holes write the show and you decide whos on the show...The stuff with storm is bulls--t too,storm and I talkd over match and the finish which i didnt change we both Went to get in gear,and as i was changing I was told I wasnt in match anymore,i went back to storm And ask him what happened and he didnt know,,,But dont take my word on it ASK storm he will say the Same thing,yur a lying piece of sh-t!!!! You disrespect the business and my eberybody in Tna and you think its weird that I want to knock You unconscious,F-CK U.. your day is coming motherf-cker"
There is a master key and a spare key for the office. Dwight has them both. When I asked, "what if you die, Dwight? How will we get into the office?" He said, "if I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks."
Old 05-11-12, 03:41 PM   #58
Dr. DVD
DVD Talk Legend

Uhhh....yeah

What exactly was he saying?
Old 05-11-12, 06:49 PM   #59
GuessWho
DVD Talk Legend

David Otunga should be returning soon. The trial for the murders of Jennifer Hudson's mom, brother and nephew just ended with a guilty verdict.
Old 05-11-12, 06:57 PM   #60
DthRdrX
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
"Bitchoff also said in interview Im going thru a mid-life crisis and im a drug abuser,pretty stupid statement.

Since his business partner Hogan recently did a sex video and hes over 60,and hogan testified under Oath that he did steroids,WTF bitchoff how stupid are you,in these interviews you cant deny What Ive been saying,so you say stupid shit and bury yourself and Hogan.

Havent had a chance to post 609bitchoffs testimony yet,but since Ive been getting alot of tweets Back wanting to know about it,Again 609 is the last sequence in his docket # 1:19-CR-609 and he Testifies under oath that he and his wife go to the Gold Club and pick up a stripper and take her To a hotel,he watches his wife have lesbian sex with the stripper and then he joins them,but the best But the best part is reading his testimony and you can see what a weasle he is.

Also in reading his testimony you find out the only way he gets caught is he gave the stripper a Bullshit tip,and she gets pissed goes back to the Gold Club tells her boss what he tipped her. He then goes into the register and gives her a bigger tip.......BUSTED..if he would have just gave her a Good tip her boss wouldnt have gone into the register,the FBI was watching all transactions.

I betcha 609bitchoff whos always bragging about how much money he has,wishes he would have gave her A better tip,that must drive you nuts at night,knowing that if you werent such a cheap-ass you could Have avoided all this embarrassment,Hey Eric when you explain lesbian sex to 609garrett And your daughter can you have a fan videotape it,I think this is just the fan participation that hogan was Talking about.

This was another reason why I left,I wasnt going to watch a low-life low-class piece of shit like you run Tna into the ground like you did WCW,Trust me I'm just getting started...F*CK U. 609 Save Tna."
Oh Scotty ....
Old 05-11-12, 10:25 PM   #61
DGibFen
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
Uhhh....yeah

What exactly was he saying?

Peter Hitchens

Last edited by DGibFen; 05-11-12 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-12-12, 01:04 AM   #62
GuessWho
DVD Talk Legend

Old 05-12-12, 07:56 PM   #63
EdTheRipper
DVD Talk Legend

ROH has an ippv tonight. Apparently, it was supposed to start streaming live on their site at 7:30. From what I'm reading the site is down and completely inaccessible to everyone. People are extremely pissed because ROH and streaming issues are pretty much synonymous with each other at this point.
Old 05-13-12, 06:54 AM   #64
LaxBandit
DVD Talk Special Edition

Taken from their facebook page -

Dear Fans -
Again we are extremely frustrated by the ippv result tonight and offer our deepest apologies.
Since Showdown in the Sun, we have been working endlessly to provide an optimal ppv experience
which we believe we have achieved.. For our website, we increased our server memory x3 and doubled
its processing power. Still, it seems that our architecture could not handle the excessive user logins and
we are left with a great stream that our fans can not see.

If a refund is demanded, it WILL be given. Otherwise we would like to offer full retention of the replay for
Border Wars as well as FREE access to the Best in the World PPV on June 24th for anyone who ordered
Border Wars tonight. This will also include retention of the Best in the World PPV in your myPPV accounts.
We WILL get this right no matter what it takes in time for Best in the World.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 05-13-12 at 07:53 AM.
Old 05-14-12, 05:08 PM   #65
Quack
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone watch Sacrifice last night? I heard it was pretty decent...which would be saying a lot.
Old 05-14-12, 09:57 PM   #66
DGibFen
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
Anyone watch Sacrifice last night? I heard it was pretty decent...which would be saying a lot.
It was a solid show. Bully Ray vs. Austin Aries was the best match of the night. AJ vs. Angle was ROH-esque, ending with an Angle face-turn.

Peter Hitchens
Old 05-14-12, 11:03 PM   #67
stingermck
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My God, this is terrible Cena.
"We wouldn't have to "regress" so much if it wasn't for that weird period in comics history when EVERYTHING in comics had to be awful and bleak. Characters died, became killers, were crippled and had lots of pouches and belts on their costumes, and we, this generation of creators, represent the undoing of that." - Ethan Van Sciver.
My Batgirl site http://batgirlarchives.8m.com/
Old 05-14-12, 11:18 PM   #68
DthRdrX
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
My God, this is terrible Cena.
I guess without Rock pushing him Cena is back in juvenile not trying mode. They've pretty much set the PPV match up so that Lesnar can interfere, because he already 'quit'.
Old 05-14-12, 11:23 PM   #69
TheBigDave
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Awful. That ending was probably the most painful 15 minutes of RAW ever.

I always feel bad when a wrestler gets legit injured. But deep down, I wish that Lesnar had accidentally ripped Cena's arm off. Anything to get that douchebag off the TV.
Old 05-15-12, 11:38 AM   #70
Kedrix
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
Awful. That ending was probably the most painful 15 minutes of RAW ever.

I always feel bad when a wrestler gets legit injured. But deep down, I wish that Lesnar had accidentally ripped Cena's arm off. Anything to get that douchebag off the TV.
That's disgusting, Cena does not deserve that. Cena was the only thing that saved the last 15 minutes of Raw. But I've come to expect that from this board for the most part.

Laurinitis is the one who needs to get off TV and the whole thing with Big Show was so bloody awful and so needless that I was embrassed to even watch it. The humilation angles with both Teddy Long and Big Show have made for terrible, very uncomfortable television. I guess I should expect it from Laurinitis and the writers, but it does not make it any easier.

And if you are going to put the shoe on the other foot, I did not care for when Bischoff got stuffed in a porta-jon either in TNA land recently. Major humilation (minor ones are okay) angles are almost never a good idea.
Xbox Gamertag: Kedrix / Follow Me on Twitter: KedrixDotNet
Yes, I have my own webpage - @ Kedrix.net
Old 05-15-12, 11:49 AM   #71
DthRdrX
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
That's disgusting, Cena does not deserve that. Cena was the only thing that saved the last 15 minutes of Raw. But I've come to expect that from this board for the most part.
Well, we are a truthful bunch.

Cena's "I'm cool and hip and in" promos suck. He was using decade old Jim Carry material last night ... painful.
Old 05-15-12, 01:32 PM   #72
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

This Cena/Ace angle is coming off to me as a desperate attempt to win fans over for Cena. Stack the deck by giving him an opponent so universally hated and even the 'Cena Sucks' crowd will have no choice but to drink the 'U Can't C Me' kool-aid, right? The lesser of two evils approach. Or, maybe they'll just boo the whole damn thing.

It also bothers me that CM Punk did all the heavy lifting getting Johnny over as a heel for all those months and suddenly Cena is shoehorned in as Ace's arch enemy in the post-WM reboot. Granted, I'd much rather see Punk and Bryan as a match than Punk and Ace, but still... I hate that Cena's getting over on Punk's work.
Old 05-15-12, 06:58 PM   #73
TheKing
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What annoyed me about last night was how clearly they telegraphed what will happen at the PPV. Big Show gets fired, then Johnny Ace learns that anybody that gets involved in his match at the PPV will get fired, plus, if he loses, he's fired.

So gee I wonder what's going to happen.
Old 05-15-12, 09:11 PM   #74
DGibFen
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
What annoyed me about last night was how clearly they telegraphed what will happen at the PPV. Big Show gets fired, then Johnny Ace learns that anybody that gets involved in his match at the PPV will get fired, plus, if he loses, he's fired.

So gee I wonder what's going to happen.
Show will appear with his lawyer, Joe Park, ESQ.

Peter Hitchens
Old 05-16-12, 09:43 AM   #75
Timber
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
This Cena/Ace angle is coming off to me as a desperate attempt to win fans over for Cena. Stack the deck by giving him an opponent so universally hated and even the 'Cena Sucks' crowd will have no choice but to drink the 'U Can't C Me' kool-aid, right? The lesser of two evils approach. Or, maybe they'll just boo the whole damn thing.
Exactly what they did with Brook. He came in and the crowd loved him so they stacked everything against him to make the crowd pull for Cena. Putting him with Johnny, giving long boring promos, the whold contract signing borefest.

They're trying their best to get the crowd behind Cena.