Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 05-02-12, 01:04 AM   #201
Chadm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: The Official MMA Thread - Part IX

Rampage sounding off on his status with the UFC:

"After I leave the UFC, I'm done with them! Just like when I left PRIDE. You remember when I left PRIDE? It's over. I was very loyal to PRIDE. I fought for PRIDE, and I fought the way I fought to put butts in seats. I took risks, slammed people and stuff like that. PRIDE did a good job. They built me up. I wasn't that good when I first came out. I fought Sakuraba and they built me up and then threw me in some tough fights. That's the way you're supposed to do it. Now, the UFC, I was a better fighter when I came there. My second fight, they throw me to Chuck Liddell. The fans didn't know who I was. I knocked him out, the fans booed me. That changed me, who I am towards the fans. I used to be the nicest guy towards fans. My first time getting booed. How are you gonna boo somebody for knocking somebody out? But I got a whole other opinion on that. And now, the UFC's just throwing me all these boring fighters, these game planners, these wrestlers. I'm the type of fighter who you should match up with people who want to fight excitingly. You know what I'm saying? Cuz I'm gonna be the type of fighter who puts butts in seats.

"I can't even negotiate with anybody. I'm not even negotiating with anybody right now. I got one fight with the UFC. After I do that fight with the UFC, then I can negotiate and figure out what I'm gonna do next. I got so much other stuff going on, I could take a year off from fighting, and I don't even care. There's other things I wanna do. I'm more than a fighter. I'm an entertainer. I like entertaining people. I like making people laugh, I like entertaining people. I like fighting. I like beating people up. But, I still gotta heal up. I'm not jumping right back into fighting, right away. I got my knees to worry about. I've been fighting injured for a while."

And on another page is this:

Quote:
"I would love to fight somebody like 'Shogun.' Somebody like Forrest," Jackson said. "Somebody who beat me before. Somebody who wants to put on a good fight. I'm tired of fighting these guys who are cowards. I call them cowards. They just run around the cage, they game plan and they take you down. It's okay to take people down, but they just hump you and lay down on top of you the whole time. That's what's disgusting to me."
Old 05-05-12, 09:41 PM   #202
tbird2340
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone watching the UFC on FOX tonight? Some great fights!!

Belcher finishing The Hulk was awesome.. Glad he looked so great after coming off the eye surgery..
Michael: When I was five, I imagined that there was such a thing as a unicorn. And this is before I even heard of one or seen one. I just drew a picture of a horse that could fly over rainbows and had a huge spike in its head. I was five, five years old... couldn't even talk yet.

Xbox Live! - Tbird2340
Old 05-05-12, 09:46 PM   #203
tbird2340
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did Diaz do GTL being in Jersey? I don't remember him being that dark..
Michael: When I was five, I imagined that there was such a thing as a unicorn. And this is before I even heard of one or seen one. I just drew a picture of a horse that could fly over rainbows and had a huge spike in its head. I was five, five years old... couldn't even talk yet.

Xbox Live! - Tbird2340
Old 05-05-12, 09:58 PM   #204
tbird2340
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great night of fights.. Diaz looked awesome again..

Xbox Live! - Tbird2340
Old 05-05-12, 10:12 PM   #205
The Dude
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Belcher/Paul Harris* fight was great. Really wish Belcher would just get a sleeve on that giant ass Johnny Cash tattoo, that shit is distracting...

The Diaz brothers are just goddamned machines.**

*Yes, I know his name isn't Paul Harris.

**Pot powered douche bag machines, but still.
Old 05-06-12, 11:21 AM   #206
Deftones
DVD Talk God

Finally a good night of fights on Fox.
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

"You are everything that's wrong with this forum".---SleepyW
Old 05-06-12, 11:33 AM   #207
sven
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadm View Post
Rampage sounding off on his status with the UFC:

"After I leave the UFC, I'm done with them! Just like when I left PRIDE. You remember when I left PRIDE? It's over. I was very loyal to PRIDE. I fought for PRIDE, and I fought the way I fought to put butts in seats. I took risks, slammed people and stuff like that. PRIDE did a good job. They built me up. I wasn't that good when I first came out. I fought Sakuraba and they built me up and then threw me in some tough fights. That's the way you're supposed to do it. Now, the UFC, I was a better fighter when I came there. My second fight, they throw me to Chuck Liddell. The fans didn't know who I was. I knocked him out, the fans booed me. That changed me, who I am towards the fans. I used to be the nicest guy towards fans. My first time getting booed. How are you gonna boo somebody for knocking somebody out? But I got a whole other opinion on that. And now, the UFC's just throwing me all these boring fighters, these game planners, these wrestlers. I'm the type of fighter who you should match up with people who want to fight excitingly. You know what I'm saying? Cuz I'm gonna be the type of fighter who puts butts in seats.

"I can't even negotiate with anybody. I'm not even negotiating with anybody right now. I got one fight with the UFC. After I do that fight with the UFC, then I can negotiate and figure out what I'm gonna do next. I got so much other stuff going on, I could take a year off from fighting, and I don't even care. There's other things I wanna do. I'm more than a fighter. I'm an entertainer. I like entertaining people. I like making people laugh, I like entertaining people. I like fighting. I like beating people up. But, I still gotta heal up. I'm not jumping right back into fighting, right away. I got my knees to worry about. I've been fighting injured for a while."

And on another page is this:

Quote:
"I would love to fight somebody like 'Shogun.' Somebody like Forrest," Jackson said. "Somebody who beat me before. Somebody who wants to put on a good fight. I'm tired of fighting these guys who are cowards. I call them cowards. They just run around the cage, they game plan and they take you down. It's okay to take people down, but they just hump you and lay down on top of you the whole time. That's what's disgusting to me."

I'm so sick of this loser. They really should just let him go so he can fade into obscurity where he belongs. Fucking simpleton.
Old 05-07-12, 02:39 PM   #208
tbird2340
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cruz tears ACL, out for fight with Faber..

Xbox Live! - Tbird2340
Old 05-07-12, 04:27 PM   #209
Phodg

Yup ...

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/...s-urijah-faber
Old 05-07-12, 04:38 PM   #210
d2cheer
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird2340 View Post
Cruz tears ACL, out for fight with Faber..
Old 05-07-12, 07:13 PM   #211
Bill Needle
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, should make for an interesting episode of TUF on Friday.
Old 05-11-12, 03:00 AM   #212
Axeramm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Henderson/Jones set for Labor Day Weekend. Kinda wish it would be Henderson of a few years ago though.
Old 05-12-12, 02:02 AM   #213
Chadm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeramm View Post
Henderson/Jones set for Labor Day Weekend. Kinda wish it would be Henderson of a few years ago though.
Guess you didn't see the Shogun fight.
Old 05-15-12, 11:21 PM   #214
Rypro 525
DVD Talk Hero

War Korean Zombie! That was a great fight too
Old 05-15-12, 11:24 PM   #215
Chadm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'd love to see a Jose Aldo/Chan Sung Jung fight. I assume it would be quite similar to the Junior Dos Santos/Roy Nelson fight. An elite striking machine against a guy who has no quit in him.
Old 05-16-12, 07:41 AM   #216
tbird2340
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadm View Post
I'd love to see a Jose Aldo/Chan Sung Jung fight. I assume it would be quite similar to the Junior Dos Santos/Roy Nelson fight. An elite striking machine against a guy who has no quit in him.
Except he did have that head kick KO loss to Roop but he has looked awesome ever since..

Xbox Live! - Tbird2340
Old 05-18-12, 06:05 PM   #217
Thrush
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Hunt out due to injury. Lavar Johnson will replace him vs Struve.

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/...-stefan-struve
Old 05-18-12, 08:40 PM   #218
Chadm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

different fighter but same result. Struve gonna get knocked out!
Old 05-19-12, 09:16 PM   #219
Chadm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Pretty good line up of fights tonight. win or lose I hope Josh Barnett finds his way back to the UFC. I'd love to see Cormier there too.
Old 05-19-12, 11:31 PM   #220
starseed1981
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thompson got robbed. Ugh, Gibert is one of the most overrated guys out there. There's no way he could hang with the UFCs top tier.
Old 05-20-12, 06:31 AM   #221
Thrush
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Old 05-20-12, 09:06 AM   #222
tbird2340
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I DVR'd this.. Is it worth watching?

Xbox Live! - Tbird2340
Old 05-20-12, 07:11 PM   #223
starseed1981
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes, Cormier vs Barnett was surprisingly epic
Old 05-20-12, 07:26 PM   #224
The Dude
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And Melendez Thompson was exactly what you'd expect once you got passed the second round.
Old 05-20-12, 07:33 PM   #225
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Can't wait to see Cormier in the UFC, though it seems like his hands may be as brittle as Fedor's since he thinks he broke one of them again last night.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

My Countdown Counting down to: Summer Vacation
Sponsored Links