DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 03-28-12, 08:42 PM   #126
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: The Official MMA Thread - Part IX

I wonder if Mo's firing is a ploy to have him move to UFC.
Old 03-29-12, 01:01 PM   #127
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So what does everyone think of the new live TUF? I think it's pretty cool.. I like the fact that everything that happened that week you are seeing that Friday. The live fights are cool as well..
Michael: When I was five, I imagined that there was such a thing as a unicorn. And this is before I even heard of one or seen one. I just drew a picture of a horse that could fly over rainbows and had a huge spike in its head. I was five, five years old... couldn't even talk yet.

Xbox Live! - Tbird2340
Old 03-29-12, 01:53 PM   #128
Cool New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird2340 View Post
So what does everyone think of the new live TUF? I think it's pretty cool.. I like the fact that everything that happened that week you are seeing that Friday. The live fights are cool as well..
Problem is, it's on a Friday night. Cool concept, but poor timing, which is resulting in poorer ratings this season.
Old 03-30-12, 03:24 PM   #129
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird2340 View Post
I am just catching up with my recordings of it today (I know, sort of defeats the purpose of it being live). I like it, though I now know to pad the recording a little or I am going to start missing decisions.
Old 03-31-12, 12:11 AM   #130

Maurice Smith just knocked a guy out via Brutal head kick at the age of 50. He looked pretty good too. Albeit he was fighting a tomato can fighter. But still, for 50 he was no joke.
Old 04-02-12, 08:47 AM   #131

My DVR cut off in the middle of the third round on the TUF fight last Friday night. Guess I need to pad 10 minutes on to the end. Who won?
Old 04-02-12, 01:07 PM   #132
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysander View Post
My DVR cut off in the middle of the third round on the TUF fight last Friday night. Guess I need to pad 10 minutes on to the end. Who won?
10 minutes wouldn't have been enough to see the next fight selection as well. I recommend 15 minutes. And the Team Faber kid won.
Old 04-04-12, 04:19 PM   #133
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

According to F4WOnline, Overeem failed his drug test. The other five in the surprise test passed.

Peter Hitchens
Old 04-04-12, 04:34 PM   #134

FUCK. I was afraid of that.
Old 04-04-12, 04:44 PM   #135
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jesus, he knew the NSAC was going to test him a bunch of times this year after the debacle in December. All he had to do was stay clean until his title fight. This is just stupidity.
Old 04-04-12, 05:46 PM   #136
DVD Talk Legend

What a maroon if true. I always look forward to his fights. Whatever you think of his talents his presence elevates events. But this is just ridiculous.
Old 04-04-12, 06:13 PM   #137
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
Jesus, he knew the NSAC was going to test him a bunch of times this year after the debacle in December. All he had to do was stay clean until his title fight. This is just stupidity.
This...

Not surprising by any means.. I mean look at the dude.. I'm super bummed though.. Love him as a fighter, sans the cheating, and seems like a super cool dude when he's on the MMA Hour etc.. But like Thrush said.. The NSAC gave you a temporary license under the condition that they would RANDOMLY test out the next 6 months..

Are you that dumb!?!? I guess so.. Was so looking forward to that fight.. If Mir gets the shot I think it will be a KO in R1 for JDS..
Michael: When I was five, I imagined that there was such a thing as a unicorn. And this is before I even heard of one or seen one. I just drew a picture of a horse that could fly over rainbows and had a huge spike in its head. I was five, five years old... couldn't even talk yet.

Xbox Live! - Tbird2340
Old 04-04-12, 07:59 PM   #138

if Mir gets the title shot I really hope they put Werdum into his spot against Cain.
Old 04-04-12, 08:21 PM   #139
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Overeem was the only reason I would buy a PPV. Forget it now.
Old 04-04-12, 10:36 PM   #140

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports...908/story.html

Dana reacts
Quote:
I am beyond pissed about this,
Im so (expletive) mad right now I cant even begin ...
How (expletive) stupid do you have to be? Seriously dumb. Anybody whos using (performance-enhancing drugs) right now is an absolute (expletive) moron,

Its beyond whats the word Im looking for its beyond belief. Its beyond comprehension. Youre an absolute moron, a brain-dead absolute (expletive) dummy. It goes beyond a guy having any common sense whatsoever.
Old 04-04-12, 11:34 PM   #141

looks like its gonna be JDS vs Mir , Bigfoot vs Cain and Roy vs Mitrione. What a downgrade.
Old 04-05-12, 07:41 AM   #142
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadm View Post
looks like its gonna be JDS vs Mir , Bigfoot vs Cain and Roy vs Mitrione. What a downgrade.
Old 04-05-12, 04:48 PM   #143

Overeem's testosterone to epitestosterone ratio was 14:1. The average adult male is 1:1 and the Nevada State Athletic Commission allows up to 6:1.
Old 04-05-12, 07:24 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Batts View Post
Overeem's testosterone to epitestosterone ratio was 14:1. The average adult male is 1:1 and the Nevada State Athletic Commission allows up to 6:1.
Chael was higher at 16.9:1 when he fought Silva.

Quote:
Where did you hear this? I doubt they'd wanna shuffle it that badly. Most likely JDS vs Mir & Cain vs Werdum, although there's huge support for either Fedor or Mark Hunt to get the title shot. Even Hendo's being mentioned (although that will never happen).
Old 04-05-12, 07:56 PM   #145

http://twitter.com/#!/FactsMMA/statu...23152439250945
Old 04-06-12, 10:22 AM   #146
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
I've never even heard of that website and the site itself doesn't look very good so I wouldn't put much credence into it.. I also didn't see that mentioned on any of the ones I visit daily (www.mmafighting.com, www.mmamania.com, www.mmajunkie.com, www.middleeasy.com, www.bloodyelbow.com, www.cagepotato.com, www.mmaweekly.com)

Mir is the most logical choice for JDS but not sure why they would put Big Foot up against Cain and Mitrione against Big Country.. Werdum is open they should put him up against Cain being he beat Big Foot, Fedor, and Big Country recently..

Xbox Live! - Tbird2340
Old 04-06-12, 02:19 PM   #147
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just a heads-up if your taping Ultimate Fighter tonight - the first episode (of three episodes) of
UFC Primetime: Jones vs Evans will be shown after tonights episode of The Ultimate Fighter.
Each episode will run a half-hour. So if your taping both - at least set the recording till 11:45 pm ET.
Theres always the chance that the LIVE fight goes to a third round - like last week - thus pushing everything
back at least 10 minutes or so. I record to 11:30 pm ET anyway when I record TUF so I was ok last week.
This week and the next two weeks, I'll add a half-hour for UFC Primetime and record to 12:00 am ET.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 04-06-12 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-07-12, 02:03 PM   #148
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hmm... Strange.. Dana via twitter:

Quote:
@jimbefc Mir vs Cain will happen
So we know Mir ain't taking The Reem's spot..

Xbox Live! - Tbird2340
Old 04-07-12, 02:58 PM   #149
DVD Talk Legend

Paging Dan Henderson...
Old 04-07-12, 03:05 PM   #150
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just watched TUF.....That dudes dad probably died on purpose so he didn't have to watch his sons boring ass fights anymore.