Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 06-11-07, 10:51 PM   #1
toolbin

Vinny Mac "presumed dead"

Well, tonight was the Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night on Raw. Vince ended the program with a simple, almost inaudible "Thank You" and walked slowly, silently to his limo, which exploded spectacularly in flames as soon as he shut the door.

The big question is "Why?"
Old 06-11-07, 10:55 PM   #2
Goat3001
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolbin
To get people interested in the WWE again?
Old 06-11-07, 11:02 PM   #3
WallyOPD
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Can we keep wrestling storyline discussion confined to the wrestling threads or at least make sure the thread title indicates it's not real?
Old 06-11-07, 11:05 PM   #4
DVDFreaker
Banned

It is not even real, his body is not even discovered in the car

A night originally designated Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night turned deadly when the WWE Chairman’s limousine burst into a fiery explosion just moments after Mr. McMahon stepped into it. Permanently uprooting the world of sports-entertainment, the Chairman has been presumed dead in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.

Local authorities stated it was still too early to declare anything as fact, including exactly what caused the explosion, but they described the blast as an apparent “car bombing.” They also revealed that as of 11:30 p.m. EST, no body had been recovered from the incinerated wreckage.

Firefighters were quick to assess the scene, taping off sections of the parking lot to protect scores on onlookers – mostly our fans – from potential injury. Despite the intense heat and ubiquitous clouds of black smoke, countless people spilled out of the arena to get a closer look at the chaos they had just seen happen live on the Titan Tron.

“By the time we arrived on the scene, the entire automobile was on fire,” explained a Wilkes-Barre firefighter on the scene. “It was like an inferno and our guys were doing whatever they could to contain it as quickly as possible. In my 27 years with the fire department, I’ve never seen anything like that.”

The emblazoned limousine was engulfed by flames that reached skyward at estimated heights of more than 50 feet. The sight of the charred debris led to speculation that there was no conceivable way anyone could have escaped from the limo alive. Early assessments from local firefighters and police officers sent a similar feeling regarding the probability of the Chairman’s survival.

“We’re doing our best to respect the McMahon family and the fans of WWE,” the firefighter said. “However, with that said, we have not found anything – there hasn’t been confirmation that Mr. McMahon’s body was extracted from the limo.”

As the physical body of Mr. McMahon remains to be uncovered, perhaps the most perplexing piece to this puzzle is the Chairman’s uncanny, almost clairvoyant premonition of tonight’s grim events. Over the last few weeks on WWE programming, the swaggering, well-off billionaire seemed to unravel right before the eyes of millions. Speaking of a threatening presence that lurked in his foreseeable future, Mr. McMahon even cited the looming of a “black cloud” last week – a cloud very similar to the post-combustive smoke that billowed above his limousine tonight.

Was this evening an eerie prophecy fulfilled for Mr. McMahon, given his recent premonitions? Or was it simply a fateful execution of coincidence? The ominous reality is that what was brushed off as incoherent ramblings of a broken man and former ECW World Champion actually may have proven to be an exercising of a recently discovered sixth sense.

Sources say given the nature of the apparent car bombing, federal authorities may be called in for a more thorough investigation that would supersede local Pennsylvania authorities.
Old 06-12-07, 01:12 AM   #5
Rogue588
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolbin
A bigger question would be "Why does this have its own thread?"

| owned | desired | ditchin' | listen Wednesday 10p |
Old 06-12-07, 01:43 AM   #6
Brent L
DVD Talk Legend

Old 06-12-07, 03:13 AM   #7
DVDFreaker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent L
Old 06-12-07, 03:15 AM   #8
MovieMaster11
Banned

The point is that Raw had a bigger "payoff" then the series finale of Sopranos. It would have been nice if Vince would have killed off his character and focused more on behind the scenes.
Old 06-12-07, 04:52 AM   #9
NORML54601
DVD Talk Legend

Tim White is rolling over in his grave....
Old 06-12-07, 06:33 AM   #10
twikoff
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue588
A bigger question would be "Why does this have its own thread?"
cause every lame publicity stunt deserves a seperate thread?
Old 06-12-07, 07:07 AM   #11
matta
Banned

Did they flash "Dramatization" across the screen when it blew up? I could see some people (who believe wrestling is real -- yes, some of them exist) would be very upset.
Old 06-12-07, 07:29 AM   #12
raven56706
DVD Talk Legend

would have been great if the editing was bad and they showed him walking off the limo...

it was the most boring part of the night
There is a master key and a spare key for the office. Dwight has them both. When I asked, "what if you die, Dwight? How will we get into the office?" He said, "if I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks."
Old 06-12-07, 07:44 AM   #13
starman9000
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by matta
Did they flash "Dramatization" across the screen when it blew up? I could see some people (who believe wrestling is real -- yes, some of them exist) would be very upset.

THANKS FOR THE SPOILER!!!

Old 06-12-07, 07:53 AM   #14
Charlie Goose
DVD Talk Legend

You people are so callous! This is a man's LIFE we're talking about here!

Love Vince or hate him, I hope they find out who's responsible for this quickly.
Old 06-12-07, 08:19 AM   #15
DVD Josh
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent L
Why is there an explosion 5 feet to the SIDE of the limo?

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/cwrujosh
Old 06-12-07, 08:29 AM   #16
Michael Ballack
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Why is there an explosion 5 feet to the SIDE of the limo?
It's a magic bomb much like the magic bullet?

"The cake is a lie"
Old 06-12-07, 08:34 AM   #17
orderandlaw

Um....ratings.

And I agree with the poster who said it's probably an attempt to steal the thunder from the BS Sopranos ending.

And because its over the top and par for the course in Vinnie Mac Land. He'll be back. His ego couldn't stand doing a permanent character death.

Me, I'm pumped Ken Kennedy is on RAW.
Old 06-12-07, 08:42 AM   #18
raven56706
DVD Talk Legend

Lashley, Kennedy, Cena, Booker, HHH, Michaels---- raw has most of the main eventers
There is a master key and a spare key for the office. Dwight has them both. When I asked, "what if you die, Dwight? How will we get into the office?" He said, "if I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks."
Old 06-12-07, 03:27 PM   #19
Spicollidriver1
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe he is sick and wants off tv for awhile I haven't watched lately but caught a few promos here and there, and he sounded strange.
Old 06-12-07, 05:25 PM   #20
Jobronie
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Quote:
Originally Posted by matta
What the hell, it's been a few months since the last bump:

he's very upset, and it's STILL real to him.
Old 06-12-07, 05:36 PM   #21
The Bus
DVD Talk Godfather

Oh. That's who Vinnie Mac is. I thought it was someone important.

PSN: Chiwotweiler
Old 06-12-07, 09:33 PM   #22
harpo787
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not being a Sopranos viewer, I didn't think of the comparison...

I dunno....might be one of the higher things of poor taste, especially using the 10 bell salute tonight. A thousand-year-old woman giving birth to a hand? Necrophiliacs? That's not poor taste compared to this...I wish I knew why I feel that way.

My collection...more than I thought I'd ever have! (full collection not yet entered)
Old 06-12-07, 09:55 PM   #23
Rogue588
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Wow. I'm surprised this thread is still open..
Old 06-12-07, 10:11 PM   #24
NotThatGuy
DVD Talk Hero

Can this get moved to the wrestling thread...i mean, wtf?!

-p
Old 06-13-07, 05:45 AM   #25
toolbin

Maybe I'm just being a mark, but part of me really believes that there has to be some reason behind such a thing. I mean, yeah, I know he's gonna be back in a matter of months, but I wonder if he's ill and doesn't want to deal with that publicly or what.

And yeah, I called the Kennedy thing, and I'm loving that Benoit is back in ECW as well.

And my god, wasn't Jesse Ventura pulling his look straight out of the Nick Nolte Mug Shot playbook?
Sponsored Links