Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 05-31-06, 11:37 AM   #1
tublecane

new tennis raquet

School me on tennis raquets. I hadn't played for over 5 years but a buddy and I have decided to start playing again. Played last night and I used my girlfriends 20$ target raquet, and it SUCKED. It was super light and hit soft and hard to control. My buddy used a smaller raquet by Wilson that I'm sure was not that much more expensive, but it felt SO much more solid, and hit so much better. So I want to buy a raquet but don't want to spend a ton, but want something decent...any suggestions?
Old 05-31-06, 01:20 PM   #2
das Monkey
DVD Talk Hero

It really depends on your style of play. If I were to buy a newish racquet that wasn't too expensive, I'd go with the previous Head models, from the LiquidMetal series, maybe the L4 Radical. They were expensive a few years ago, but now that the Flexpoints are all the rage, you can get them new for under $90 and should probably be able to find a used one for even cheaper. It's a 10.4oz racquet, which is a good medium weight (your girlfriend's is probably much lighter with a thick frame -- I can't stand those light racquets). Like I said, though, it really depends on your style. Go to a Sports Authority type place and demo a few different styles of racquet. The L4 may not be right for you, but there are a bunch of different swing styles in the LiquidMetal series.

das

You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion. -- Harlan Ellison quoting Gustave Flaubert
Old 06-01-06, 08:38 AM   #4
mautos

If you want a solid raquet that will last a long time, the wilson hammer series is great. I am a decent tennis player, and this suits me just fine. they range in price from 70 american to over 100...so take your pic. Here is a small link to help: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catthumbs.html?CREF=198