Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 12-07-05, 10:46 AM   #1
RayChuang
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mike & Mike in the Morning TV change.

For those interested:

ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike in the Morning radio show--which has been simulcast on TV on the ESPNEWS channel for over a year--is switching to simulcasting on ESPN2 starting the morning of January 2, 2006 (they made the announcement on the air this morning).

Having seen tapes of this show (with its very intimate feel), it will be very interesting to see if they move the show to a larger studio from essentially putting cameras in the ESPN Radio studio like they do now (I wouldn't be surprised if Mike & Mike in the Morning will also simulcast on ESPN2 HD).

Also, this will affect ESPN2's Cold Pizza program, since the third and fourth hour of Mike & Mike in the Morning overlaps Cold Pizza. Will Cold Pizza be cancelled? Or will the show move to the main ESPN channel and be retooled under a new name?

I reject your reality and substitute my own! -- Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Last edited by RayChuang; 12-07-05 at 10:48 AM. Reason: correct information
Old 12-07-05, 12:59 PM   #2
Daryl
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChuang
Will Cold Pizza be cancelled?
Old 12-07-05, 01:19 PM   #3
stinkeye

For better or worse, Cold Pizza will air after Mike and Mike. Skip Bayless fans rejoice.
Old 12-07-05, 01:34 PM   #4
Quake1028
DVD Talk Hero

Mike and Mike is the best sports show on tv .
Old 12-07-05, 01:37 PM   #5
Y2K Falcon
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkeye
For better or worse, Cold Pizza will air after Mike and Mike. Skip Bayless fan rejoice.
Fixed.
Old 12-07-05, 01:48 PM   #6
The Cow
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChuang
Having seen tapes of this show (with its very intimate feel), it will be very interesting to see if they move the show to a larger studio from essentially putting cameras in the ESPN Radio studio like they do now
Hope not. It's fine the way it is now.
Old 12-07-05, 03:31 PM   #7
HistoryProf
DVD Talk Legend

great news!! I don't get ESPNNEws, but love the show. they are on from 7-10 right?
Pavel Datsyuk on his coach saying he gives teammates extra room on the ice: "I think he meant that I am really small," Datsyuk explained. "So when I, a small slim person, am on the ice, there is more room for bigger guys. Maybe he said that to cheer me up that I look skinny!"
Old 12-07-05, 03:32 PM   #8
Quake1028
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizz
great news!! I don't get ESPNNEws, but love the show. they are on from 7-10 right?
6-10 EST.
Old 12-07-05, 03:49 PM   #9
Mr. Cinema
DVD Talk Legend

I like the show, but am not much of a Golic fan. He's kinda like John Kruk. Big and loud. Also, when he starts talking about a sport besides football, it's time to hit the mute button.

My Countdown Counting down to: Black Swan
Old 12-07-05, 06:24 PM   #10
RayChuang
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cow
Hope not. It's fine the way it is now.
I think they will have to change because of the possibility of going to ESPN2 HD. After all, when Sportscenter went to HD they had to build a completely new set to "show off" the capabilities of 720p HD broadcasts.

I have this feeling it will be a larger space, but will still have the radio microphones in front of them.

Old 12-07-05, 07:41 PM   #11
Red Dog
DVD Talk God

I never really understood television simulcasting of radio talk shows like M&M and Imus. Can't you just turn on the radio? Now for something like Stern (with his TV show, which isn't even simulcast), it is different because of the antics and eye candy.
"A question for you. Would you rather Bucknell make the NCAA's once every 20 years or so and get ass raped by teams like Kansas in the first round or have them drop down a rung to a confernce where they can compete for a title?"
- Josh Hinkle
1st Round Final Scores: Bucknell 64 Kansas 63 | Bucknell 59 Arkansas 55
Old 12-07-05, 08:05 PM   #12
Quake1028
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog
I never really understood television simulcasting of radio talk shows like M&M and Imus. Can't you just turn on the radio? Now for something like Stern (with his TV show, which isn't even simulcast), it is different because of the antics and eye candy.
At least for me, I'm home during those hours, and I don't get ESPN Radio in my area, at least not on a channel that I can get in my house. So it's great for me personally.
Old 12-07-05, 10:10 PM   #13
RayChuang
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkeye
For better or worse, Cold Pizza will air after Mike and Mike. Skip Bayless fans rejoice.
I think one possibility is that Mike & Mike in the Morning will now originate from the NYC studios used for Cold Pizza, and that Cold Pizza will be reduced to a one-hour show (10-11 am ET/7-8 am PT).

Old 12-07-05, 10:52 PM   #14
Josh H
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Still more interesting to watch I think. Just easier to stay engrossed. But I've never been a radio listener.
Old 12-07-05, 11:40 PM   #15
U6C84
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hmm...I was thinking Mike & Mike was something else...

what's the show with the two black guys that always say "Sir" (and it's in radio format but shown on espn sometimes)
Old 12-09-05, 02:36 PM   #16
Scott27
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It appears Cold Pizza isn't losing any time on the network (for better or worse). Mike and Mike will air from 6-10am on ESPN2, followed by the live CP from 10am-noon, and the CP re-air from noon-2pm.
Old 12-15-05, 10:03 AM   #17
Quake1028
DVD Talk Hero

Does anyone know if Greeny and Golic are off until the ESPN2 switch? They weren't on today, and won't be on tomorrow. Yesterday was their producers last day, and they did their secret Santa exchange, so I'm assuming that was their last day of the year, but I don't know for sure.
Old 12-15-05, 08:45 PM   #18
clemente
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I only get to listen to part of the show....why was Justin leaving?
Old 12-16-05, 12:17 AM   #19
Quake1028
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemente
I only get to listen to part of the show....why was Justin leaving?
He's getting promoted to an "empty suit" in ESPN Radio .
Old 12-16-05, 12:36 AM   #20
moorehed
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

oooh i like these guy son the radio. didn't know they had a tv show! and i hate cold pizza. good on all fronts.
Old 12-16-05, 02:36 AM   #21
NotThatGuy
DVD Talk Hero

Good radio show. Glad they are movin' on up. WAY more viewers now.

-p
Old 01-03-06, 10:10 PM   #22
RayChuang
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I finally started watching Mike & Mike in the Morning...

...And it's actually a pretty fun show to watch with its intimate setting. It's just so strange to watch Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic in more or less street clothes instead of wearing a suit on TV.

One thing though: "Greeny" needs to stop literally bumping up against the microphone when talking.

Old 01-03-06, 10:20 PM   #23
das Monkey
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
U6C84

what's the show with the two black guys that always say "Sir" (and it's in radio format but shown on espn sometimes)
"2 Live Stews" is two black guys in radio format shown on ESPN sometimes. I don't know about the "sir" thing, though.

das

You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion. -- Harlan Ellison quoting Gustave Flaubert
Old 01-03-06, 10:53 PM   #24
NotThatGuy
DVD Talk Hero

I have yet to watch it, but I listen to it every morning during my commute.

-p
Old 09-25-08, 01:58 AM   #25
will travel

I missed Monday and Tuesday shows.
I wonder if Golic issue a statement about his underage drinking son that got busted.
Sponsored Links