Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 02-28-05, 10:11 PM   #1
csim

What happened to the weekly Raw Thread?

So what had happened to the weekly Raw thread. It use to make it to the second page. And now there is no longer a weekly thread. Has everyone just given up on it.
Old 02-28-05, 11:33 PM   #2
BlackCapTen
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched tonight, I thought it was OK... a bit better than normal. I liked during the Michaels vs Edge match some guy in the front row held up a couple signs and got tossed.

First sign was: "Mike Powell is a pu*sy"

Second was: "Fuck the FCC"

A security guy came running and ripped that second sign down moments after it was visible. I didn't notice him holding any signs until the end, so he probably expected to be kicked out.

I'm guessing there's not many Raw threads because there's not much interest. Many people are dissatisfied with wrestling lately.

Couple decent announcements about Wrestlmania. Spoilerized just in case:

Spoiler:

Rowdy Piper will do a "Piper's Pit" with guest Stone Cold.

Hulk Hogan will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Last edited by BlackCapTen; 02-28-05 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-28-05, 11:36 PM   #3
Rogue588
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
It's more a "every once in a while" thread.

| owned | desired | ditchin' | listen Wednesday 10p |
Old 03-01-05, 06:21 AM   #4
IMRICKJAMES
DVD Talk Special Edition

Raw turning into crap is what happened to the weekly Raw thread
Old 03-01-05, 07:23 PM   #5
fujishig
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMRICKJAMES
Raw turning into crap is what happened to the weekly Raw thread
lol. This is exactly what I was thinking. With JBL celebrating last week that he is the longest reigning champion in 10 years, you'd think that'd be a sign or something.

I've been an avid wrestling fan since I was young (Wrestlemania III was the first wrestling event I ever saw), though there were definitely times over the years where I lost interest. Around the doink the clown era, I stopped watching, and picked it back up when the Monday Night Wars started and I started working with teenagers who loved this stuff. Used to read all the websites, even though I didn't necessarily watch every week.

Now I'm satisfied Tivoing those weekend recap shows, and the PPVs are so predictable, I don't even read the recaps on websites anymore. I know wrestling is cyclical and all, but I wish Vince would mix things up a little.

On a side note, I caught TNA on Fox Sports the other night (didn't even know it was on that channel). Liked the much heralded X-division, but Jarret still has the belt (shades of HHH) and is going up against DDP? DDP?
Old 03-01-05, 10:14 PM   #6
IMRICKJAMES
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not going to watch Raw again until it returns to actually being 'Raw' and not the "Weekly Triple H Celebration Show.' If Batista were to actually take the belt, which is probably unlikely, he would instantly, by default, become the most popular wrestler ever just because Triple H wouldn't have the belt. The only way anyone would be more popular than Batista is if someone injured Triple H and took him out for some months
Old 03-02-05, 11:28 AM   #7
fujishig
DVD Talk Legend

I just realized that my post above is referring to my problems with Smackdown, not Raw (though HHH is 10000 x worse than JBL). How predictable is it, while they're setting up a fued with Batista, that HHH was going to walk all over Orton in that PPV a couple of months ago?

Bah. Can't even tell the difference between the shows anymore...
Old 03-02-05, 08:38 PM   #8
POWERBOMB
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I believe that Triple H has been allowed to ruin all of the WWE programming as he will prolly also ruin the "ECW" PPV the WWE is putting together. I can not understand the trust that Vince has put into this guy just because he is shacking up with Stephanie. It's clear that Trips is just padding his title reigns until he has more than Ric Flair. Look for him to lose the belt to Batista but get it back within 2 PPV's.
Old 03-02-05, 08:56 PM   #9
PaperStreetSoapCo

I like HHH... sometimes. Some of the things he says are pretty funny. But that's only once in a while recently. The fans are obviously sick of him, and when Pat Patterson fucking QUITS because of the ridiculous push HHH is getting, you know there's a problem. If he'd kept the belt through Benoit and Orton, that would at least result in a title reign people would die to see end, like Hogan's reign in WCW. But now his attitude is pretty much "Haha, I got the belt back! Nobody can beat me!" which every heel has said for the past 10 years.
Old 03-03-05, 12:19 PM   #10
PixyJunket
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERBOMB
I believe that Triple H has been allowed to ruin all of the WWE programming as he will prolly also ruin the "ECW" PPV the WWE is putting together. I can not understand the trust that Vince has put into this guy just because he is shacking up with Stephanie. It's clear that Trips is just padding his title reigns until he has more than Ric Flair. Look for him to lose the belt to Batista but get it back within 2 PPV's.
Prolly?
Old 03-03-05, 12:45 PM   #11
raven56706
DVD Talk Legend

I have the wrestlemania results

Batista wins and loses the belt to a rematch with HHH on Raw.

Just kidding but i bet that will happen
Old 03-03-05, 08:43 PM   #12
POWERBOMB
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Prolly?
Prolly is short internet typing for the word "probably."

Unless you are agreeing with me that Trips will be the downfall of the ECW PPV.

I mentioned on another WWE thread that Trips was way too invovled on both Raw and Smackdown. If you have been reading some of the fan responses to the internet wrestling sites you will have heard that Trips was at Smackdown this week with Steph. Of course you could argue that he was just there with his wife, but those guys backstage know he is invovled with the writing and direction of the wrestlers.
Old 03-03-05, 10:53 PM   #13
Rogue588
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Well, since Vinnie Mac blew out both quads, Mr. Stephanie, Stephanie and J.R. have been taking up the slack backstage...that's why he was there.
Old 03-04-05, 11:24 PM   #14
POWERBOMB
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't think J.R. has much of anything to do with this. I also think that Shane has lost some "power" because of the married couple. There is a story going that Steph "strongly suggessted" that Bruce Pritchard take a leave of absense in the same way she did for Paul Heyman.