Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 02-01-05, 04:09 PM   #1
namrfumot
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Where exactly is this seat in Fenway?

Got a chance to get a pair of tickets for May 8th. The section is 42 (behind the oppoents bullpen) Row 42. What I need to know is how far back from the bullpen is Row 42? Will it be at the very back of the section? in the middle?
Old 02-01-05, 04:13 PM   #2
Y2K Falcon
DVD Talk Legend

Old 02-01-05, 04:15 PM   #3
chrisih8u
DVD Talk Legend

A seat in the right field bleachers is painted red to mark the spot where longest measurable home run ever hit inside Fenway Park landed. Ted Williams hit the home run on June 9, 1946 off Fred Hutchinson of the Detroit Tigers. It was measured at 502 feet and supposedly crashed through the straw hat of the man sitting in the seat (Section 42, Row 37, Seat 21).
Old 02-01-05, 04:22 PM   #4
Lateralus
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was there back in 99' and if that is the same row you have got a great seat, I would say somplace in the middle.
Old 02-01-05, 04:25 PM   #5
namrfumot
DVD Talk Limited Edition

thanks chris...i've taken the tour of fenway before and have seen the red seat. man so i;d be a few rows behind that..ugh..thats far away. i've been spoiled in the past by only getting loge box seats
Old 02-01-05, 04:28 PM   #6
chrisih8u
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by namrufmot
thanks chris...i've taken the tour of fenway before and have seen the red seat. man so i;d be a few rows behind that..ugh..thats far away. i've been spoiled in the past by only getting loge box seats

Yeah, I got two tickets for a June game and got front row loge. I would rather watch the game from home than sit in the bleachers. Then you can at least sing along during the Foxwoods jingle.
Old 02-01-05, 04:31 PM   #7
namrfumot
DVD Talk Limited Edition

see the problem is that i'm cheap i'm the kind that would rather go to 6 PawSox games than 1 Red Sox game..my gf has been nagging me to go to Fenway though. Loge box tickets are plentiful on Ebay for very good prices..but still..

whatcha think? $75 for the 2 seats I mentioned above
Old 02-01-05, 04:33 PM   #8
Y2K Falcon
DVD Talk Legend

It is five rows behind this:
Old 02-01-05, 04:34 PM   #9
chrisih8u
DVD Talk Legend

Its not bad. I'm cheap, too. So instead of getting crappy tickets to 4-5 games, I get very good seats to one game.

Not a bad way to spend a night. You probably wont find even bleacher tickets cheaper than that, especially once the season starts.

Last edited by chrisih8u; 02-01-05 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-01-05, 04:38 PM   #10
Y2K Falcon
DVD Talk Legend

Center Field Message Board Requests

Fans can have the names of people celebrating birthdays or wedding anniversaries posted on the center field scoreboard by making a charitable donation in any amount to the Red Sox Foundation. (Sorry, due to the number of requests, no personalized or custom birthday messages are possible.) Marriage proposals can also be posted for a minimum $100 charitable donation to the Red Sox Foundation. The donation, which must be made by check payable to the Red Sox Foundation, should be sent to Message Board Requests c/o Fan Services/Fenway Ambassadors, Boston Red Sox, 4 Yawkey Way, Boston, MA 02215. Donations must be received by noon on the day of the game or by the end of the day Friday for weekend games in order for messages to appear. For additional information or for answers to questions regarding the message board policy, call 617-226-6000.
Old 02-01-05, 04:41 PM   #11
namrfumot
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Y2K WILL YOU MARRY ME?

:he said yes!:
Old 02-01-05, 04:43 PM   #12
El Scorcho
DVD Talk Hero

Anybody want to help me get Sox/Yanks tickets for the final weekend?

I need to find out where and how to get on this stupid random drawing. I'm not a member of RSN, so I don't get presale privileges. Several of us here at work want to do an east coast baseball (NYY, NYM, BAL, WAS, PHIL, BOS) and football (PHIL, NE) trip.
Old 02-01-05, 05:33 PM   #13
Lateralus
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
It is five rows behind this:

Excellent picture, and holy shit that was a shot!
Old 02-01-05, 05:35 PM   #14
Lateralus
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Scorcho

I need to find out where and how to get on this stupid random drawing. I'm not a member of RSN, so I don't get presale privileges. Several of us here at work want to do an east coast baseball (NYY, NYM, BAL, WAS, PHIL, BOS) and football (PHIL, NE) trip.

Good luck on the tickets! You need to add PIT to that list, it is better than any of the ballparks listed above!
Old 02-01-05, 07:53 PM   #15
SpaceBoy
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Scorcho

Sure, get them from a broker like I did last year, and will again this year. The only way, unless your lucky as h@ll.
Old 02-01-05, 09:03 PM   #16
KitchenSink
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I bought tickets on Saturday. It took a heck of a long time to get through on the website, but I got some. So my son and I will be making a pilgrimage to Fenway in June to see the Sox against the Pirates. Grandstand section 28.
Old 02-01-05, 09:50 PM   #17
SpaceBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitchenSink
I bought tickets on Saturday. It took a heck of a long time to get through on the website, but I got some. So my son and I will be making a pilgrimage to Fenway in June to see the Sox against the Pirates. Grandstand section 28.
Nice..

yeah I was referring to the yankees series, although tickets to any game are hard to come by this year.

I ended up with tickets to see
Sox Vs Sox (red vs white)
Sox Vs As
Sox Vs Angels

And will pickup some sox vs yankees somepoint.

Still waiting on the monsters and right fields to go onsale, also the other yankee games they're holding..
Old 02-01-05, 09:50 PM   #18
ChiTownAbs, Inc
DVD Talk Legend

Dang, they already went on sale? I will probably make one last trip to Boston in April.

(Go figure, I started going there in September and will end in April. Over 10 trips to the city and NONE to Fenway )
Old 02-01-05, 09:51 PM   #19
ChiTownAbs, Inc
DVD Talk Legend

Hey SpaceBoy ... what sports bar do you hang out at so I can bump into you?
Old 02-01-05, 09:58 PM   #20
chrisih8u
DVD Talk Legend

Whats the deal with monster seats? Last year they did a lottery. Hopefully this year they do something involving RSN.
Old 02-01-05, 10:08 PM   #21
Lateralus
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownAbs, Inc
Dang, they already went on sale? I will probably make one last trip to Boston in April.

(Go figure, I started going there in September and will end in April. Over 10 trips to the city and NONE to Fenway )
Yeah Red Sox tickets have been on sale for a couple weeks well before Christmas even.
Old 02-01-05, 10:39 PM   #22
FantasticVSDoom
DVD Talk Legend

Well I think Im going to break down and join the RSN...I have tickets to Sox/Yankees in May but they are in Yankee stadium. I want to go see a few games in Boston this year and I can never seem to get in on time.

"Fighting is the best thing a man can have in his soul."-Renzo Gracie
Old 02-01-05, 11:17 PM   #23
SpaceBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus
Yeah Red Sox tickets have been on sale for a couple weeks well before Christmas even.
Wel that was only to a few choice games.. The big sale of them was last sat. Which was everything but the monster, and right field table seats.. and I think the rest of the yankees games (don't hold me to that). They're gonna be doing a lotto for that, not sure when, just follow the site I guess. There are a few tickets I think if you want to go catch a game during the week, but they're pretty bad at this point My seats are by no means good. ha and I got right in to try to get them.

ChiTownAbs, Cask 'n Flagon. Email me if you end up here, I'll see if I can't meet you out. I'll do the same when I return to Chicago, whenever that is.
Old 02-01-05, 11:30 PM   #24
ChiTownAbs, Inc
DVD Talk Legend

I'll probably be there as early as late next week.

Sadly ....

I'll let you know.
Old 02-02-05, 05:55 AM   #25
Lateralus
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well guess I have to catch the Red Sox when they play the Phillies!
Sponsored Links