Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 01-22-04, 09:24 PM   #51
the aftermath
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Dog
Yeah they did, but regardless, there are no gimmies when you go on the road in this year's ACC, except maybe for Duke at Clemson.
Or Duke at Maryland
Old 01-22-04, 09:25 PM   #52
Red Dog
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally posted by the aftermath
Or Duke at Maryland

Yeah, okay, that was a real gimmie.
"A question for you. Would you rather Bucknell make the NCAA's once every 20 years or so and get ass raped by teams like Kansas in the first round or have them drop down a rung to a confernce where they can compete for a title?"
- Josh Hinkle
1st Round Final Scores: Bucknell 64 Kansas 63 | Bucknell 59 Arkansas 55
Old 01-22-04, 09:29 PM   #53
the aftermath
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah, okay, that was a real gimmie.
It's called a joke
Old 01-22-04, 09:46 PM   #54
B.A.
DVD Talk Hero

Way to go, FSU!!!
Old 01-22-04, 11:18 PM   #55
the aftermath
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

KU lost to Richmond
Old 01-22-04, 11:28 PM   #56
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
KU lost to Richmond
at Allen Fieldhouse.

Ouch!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

My Countdown Counting down to: Summer Vacation
Old 01-22-04, 11:46 PM   #57
B.A.
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
KU lost to Richmond

at Allen Fieldhouse.

Ouch!
Sweet Tits - that's great news!

What an awesome night tonight for college basketball.
Old 01-23-04, 04:28 AM   #58
ColdBlue

#@$% Carolina! They gave up a 24 pt. lead and I had -4. They're as bad as Kentucky. I'm through with them. Thank God for Utah St.

Gamercard
Old 01-23-04, 06:52 AM   #59
edytwinky
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That was a great game at KU. I love it being in Wichita and everybody all moping around after a KU loss.

Proud to be a Wichita State Shocker

My dining blog: Wichita By EB
Old 01-23-04, 08:06 AM   #60
DJLinus
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
KU lost to Richmond
WOO-HOO!!!

I was so keyed up last night it took horse tranquilizers to get me to sleep. My alma mater finally makes the first highlight on Sports Center! And we get a little respect, to boot. My friends think I'm overdoing it a bit, but this HUGE for us - a mildly mid-level sports school (we're good at baseball, but no one really cares about college baseball). They went to schools with big-time sports programs like OSU and FSU, so these types of things are the norm for them. It was just sweeter that it was on national television. Here's to hoping that the value of my degree (outside of central Virginia) raises some.
"Food snobs believe that anything created in Europe is inherently superior to the American-made equivalent. Allow me to explode that fallacy with these words: the 1983 Renault Alliance." - Michael J. Nelson

Not that you care...
Old 01-23-04, 09:11 AM   #61
Red Dog
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally posted by DJLinus
WOO-HOO!!!

I was so keyed up last night it took horse tranquilizers to get me to sleep. My alma mater finally makes the first highlight on Sports Center! And we get a little respect, to boot. My friends think I'm overdoing it a bit, but this HUGE for us - a mildly mid-level sports school (we're good at baseball, but no one really cares about college baseball). They went to schools with big-time sports programs like OSU and FSU, so these types of things are the norm for them. It was just sweeter that it was on national television. Here's to hoping that the value of my degree (outside of central Virginia) raises some.

Great win although I'm sure that Richmond basketball has had the first highlights on SC before - they've pulled some huge upsets in March Madness in the past (first #15 to beat a #2).

at Kansas and the Big-12
"A question for you. Would you rather Bucknell make the NCAA's once every 20 years or so and get ass raped by teams like Kansas in the first round or have them drop down a rung to a confernce where they can compete for a title?"
- Josh Hinkle
Old 01-23-04, 10:27 AM   #62
edytwinky
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why you got to bring the Big 12 into it? They're the most competitive sports conference right now.

Proud to be a Wichita State Shocker

My dining blog: Wichita By EB
Old 01-23-04, 10:55 AM   #63
DJLinus
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Great win although I'm sure that Richmond basketball has had the first highlights on SC before - they've pulled some huge upsets in March Madness in the past (first #15 to beat a #2).

at Kansas and the Big-12
That's true. I should've clarified it and said since my era at the school (1994 and on). We are known as the Giant Killers for a reason - just wish we'd do that more often.

I'd also like to throw in that we were SC's #1 Play of the Day.

I haven't been watching Kansas at all this season and, due to my distance from the school, have only seen two Spiders games (the Providence game over Christmas break and last night's on TV). Did Kansas play subpar last night or was Richmond stepping up? To me, both teams looked great, although there were lots of fouls.
"Food snobs believe that anything created in Europe is inherently superior to the American-made equivalent. Allow me to explode that fallacy with these words: the 1983 Renault Alliance." - Michael J. Nelson

Not that you care...
Old 01-23-04, 12:03 PM   #64
Patman
DVD Talk Hero

UNC's lack of a bench is going to kill them in ACC/postseason action. Good deep teams don't let 24 point leads slip away.
Old 01-23-04, 12:35 PM   #65
tofu
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Patman
UNC's lack of a bench is going to kill them in ACC/postseason action. Good deep teams don't let 24 point leads slip away.
They always said that about KU last year but they seemed to do alright. I just think that overall, UNC lacks that killer instinct except for maybe Felton.
Old 01-23-04, 12:42 PM   #66
weargle
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
See. Sig.

Did you pay attention to the paint in OT? There was only the random foot in by May, otherwise all five baby blues were out by the perimeter. And if you could see all of those raining threes bricks, you could tell that the shooters were tired. They all hit the front of the rim. Way to dump a 24 point lead, Roy. I guess that you couldn't handle a change in gameplan after the 1st half.
Old 01-23-04, 01:43 PM   #67
ColdBlue

Quote:
Originally posted by edytwinky
Why you got to bring the Big 12 into it? They're the most competitive sports conference right now.

Did you see bowl week? Also, I think the ACC (as always) and Big East are asserting themselves in basketball. The Big 12 is probably around 4th as the moment.

Gamercard
Old 01-23-04, 06:26 PM   #68
MrBob
DVD Talk Special Edition

KU needs a 3 pt threat desperately bad. The only solace for KU fans is that at least they didn't blow a 24pt lead to Florida State, or lose to Belmont at home.

The big 12 is having a down year in the worst way, this season. They lost a lot of talent from last year.
Old 01-23-04, 06:33 PM   #69
MrBob
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally posted by DJLinus

I haven't been watching Kansas at all this season and, due to my distance from the school, have only seen two Spiders games (the Providence game over Christmas break and last night's on TV). Did Kansas play subpar last night or was Richmond stepping up? To me, both teams looked great, although there were lots of fouls.
KU looked like they were half assing it in spots, and they were running too much in spots. This team doesn't have the talent to run like they have in previous years. Also if langford and miles, who are generally gold at the line, didn't tank their free throws KU gets a close win. With that said Richmond looked like tourney caliber team, that could pull off a win or two.

I haven't seen any other richmond games, but it looked like they live and die by the 3 point shot. Is that a true assement.
Old 01-24-04, 01:47 PM   #70
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

UConn loses at home to Providence. 66-56

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

My Countdown Counting down to: Summer Vacation
Old 01-24-04, 03:57 PM   #71
B.A.
DVD Talk Hero

Easy win for Duke today. Nice play by the big men inside.

When was the last time G-Town had a good team? And how does Escherick still have a job? Because John Thompson says so?
Old 01-24-04, 04:47 PM   #72
tofu
DVD Talk Legend

Georgetown has been so sad recently. They just don't seem to have the same amount of recruiting power that they used to. They had a pretty decent team with Sweetney.
Old 01-24-04, 04:59 PM   #73
Bacon
DVD Talk Legend

A nice win today for my Hogs over Vanderbilt
Old 01-24-04, 08:22 PM   #74
JonTurner
DVD Talk Gold Edition

N
C
STATE

NC STATE!

4-1 in the ACC baby, oh yeah!
Old 01-25-04, 12:06 PM   #75
Red Dog
DVD Talk God

NC St almost gave it away. Again, home court so important in the ACC.

Big game for Maryland tonight @Clemson. This could be the only road conference game where they will be favored, and they need to offset the home loss to Duke to get to 8-8, which I believe is their magic number to be a lock for a tourney invite.

Wake at FSU should be an interesting one. We'll see how much their big comeback carries over today. Wake is in a tailspin and they desparately need to right the ship.

G-Town had a decent team in 2001. They lost to Maryland in the Sweet-16. Yesterday was their first sell-out since March 1996 - Iverson's last home game.
- Josh Hinkle
Sponsored Links