Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 01-09-04, 12:35 AM   #26
kvrdave
DVD Talk God

He's not Paul McGuire, that's for sure. Gotta' love Mr. Cheery.
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baronís cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis
Old 01-09-04, 02:46 AM   #27
dolphinboy
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

another vote for thinking he does a good job. i thought he was awful when he first started and thought he really got better very quickly.
Old 01-10-04, 01:24 PM   #28
Lara Means
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My biggest problem with Aikman is that he talks like he's drugged up. He has no emotion in his voice at all.

btw, Joe Theismann is the Man!
Old 01-10-04, 09:24 PM   #29
RJainMJ
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally posted by Preacher
Agreed. All I hear from the forum is lists of someone sucking. Very rarely does anyone speak highly of the job done by any announcers.
Just for reference, I'm not one to bash every sports announcer. I'm usually not very picky. I think Collinsworth, Joe Buck (baseball and football), Sunday Night NFL crew (including Theismann), Madden all do a great job. I even like Darryl Johnston (former Cowboy), who I think did a great job tonight with the Rams game. Phil Simms and Greg Gumbel annoy me, but Aikman just gets on my nerves that it bothers me almost the whole game. I'm glad Collinsworth is usually in the booth too.
Old 01-11-04, 08:06 AM   #30
travlr

Troy is OK as long as it's not a Dallas game. I love to hear the fans give him hell when he does a Eagles game. Collinsworth is the one I can't stand. He's very biased and just plain annoying.
Old 01-18-04, 10:11 PM   #31
POWERBOMB
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Was it me or was Troy on the losing end of every instant replay call and one the Eagles didn't call but should have during the NFC title game tonight?
Old 01-19-04, 02:44 PM   #32
Rasaan
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I disagree about Aikman. For the record, I hate the Cowboys so I was no Aikman fan as a player, but he's not horrible as an announcer. He sounds reasonably intelligent, especially for a jock. He's fairly articulate if you can get past the Oklahoma drawl and he clearly knows what he's talking about.