Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 10-28-02, 10:31 AM   #1
Iron Chef
DVD Talk Legend

Packer Fans Unite!

The Packers have the best record of any team in the NFC right now.

The difficult part of the schedule is behind us. Is this our year?

GO PACK GO!

Old 10-28-02, 11:21 AM   #2
bralph
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Tough games left with Miami, San Fran, Tampa and Buffalo. Also, the Metrodome is not nice to Green Bay most years. Finally, until I see Favre on the field being Favre, I will be a bit nervous.

That said, the Packers do seem to be rolling, and have little contention in the division. I have all the confidence in the world that Sherman will keep them focused, and Donatell to keep pulling rabbits out of his hat.

"I think I misworded that wrong." -conscience
Old 10-28-02, 11:26 AM   #3
KitchenSink
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This bye week came at a great time. Get all a bunch of those nicked up guys back, especially DBs. Still some tough games to play, but they have a great shot at the top record in the NFC. Ah, Lambeau in January. That would be sweet.

GO PACK!!
Old 10-28-02, 12:01 PM   #4
grrrah
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am not a packer fan, but I really need Farve to stay healthy and productive the rest of the year... so GO FARVE!
Old 11-03-02, 01:38 PM   #5
mikehunt
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Farve better start
Old 11-03-02, 09:46 PM   #6
bpatt

Re: Packer Fans Unite!

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Chef
The Packers have the best record of any team in the NFC right now.

The difficult part of the schedule is behind us. Is this our year?
Yes, it definitely is! Tomorrow night's game is huge - especially since I'm down here in Mahi-ville!

Go Pack!
Old 11-03-02, 11:35 PM   #7
movielib
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Quote:
Originally posted by mikehunt
Farve better start
But that would end Favre's streak.
Old 11-03-02, 11:52 PM   #8
bluntman72

Go Dolphins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They need to let Farve rest another week so That Jason Taylor doesn't have such an easy target infront of him.

Seriously though as a Miami fan I would love to see Farve sit out this game since my team needs this win badly and have to do it with Lucas at QB
Old 11-04-02, 07:34 AM   #9
bishop2knight
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Favre's status has been bumped to PROBABLE for tonight's game.

I do indeed think this is the Packers' year. They've already pretty much wrapped up the division. All they need to do now is get home field advantage. If Favre and Green stay in the lineup AND they get home field throughout the playoffs, I don't think they can be beaten.

Tonight's game could even be a Super Bowl preview.
Old 11-04-02, 07:41 AM   #10
wildcatlh
DVD Talk Legend

[hopeful]
Favre could be in trouble tonight. He's going to play ... but he's nowhere near his normal mobility. Jason Taylor might have a fun time tonight.
[/hopeful]
"An avidity to punish is always dangerous to liberty. It leads men to stretch, to misinterpret, and to misapply even the best of laws. He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." -- Thomas Paine
Old 11-04-02, 09:36 AM   #11
Flashback
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm a Dolphins fan and have to say that this game is not going to be easy to win at all for two reasons (Farve is a given as well). It's in Green Bay and Lucas is the QB. I hope they pull it out but I would be suprised if they win this one.

I think I may stay in and watch this one since there are so many GB fans that will be at the bars here and they are just plain obnoxious. However, it's priceless to see them when the Packs lose. They take is so personally haha.
Old 11-04-02, 09:49 AM   #12
Iron Chef
DVD Talk Legend

The temp in GB tonight will be around 30.

Time for some frozen fish.
Old 11-04-02, 09:51 AM   #13
bishop2knight
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Packers will rely on Ahman Green tons tonight. They'll keep Williams (FB) and the tightends in to block on passing downs.

The Packers D is tough. I see them creating havoc for Lucas, but don't expect a 4 int. night. Williams will hover right around 100 yards.

Prediction:

Packers 27
Dolphins 17
Old 11-04-02, 10:47 AM   #14
Toad
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Go Pack Go!!!!
Old 11-04-02, 11:13 AM   #15
movielib
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Flashback
I'm a Dolphins fan and have to say that this game is not going to be easy to win at all for two reasons (Farve is a given as well). It's in Green Bay and Lucas is the QB. I hope they pull it out but I would be suprised if they win this one.
As a Dolphin fan, I have to agree. Lucas is a big question mark right now with a lot on the line for himself personally tonight. I hope he is not as inaccurate as he was against Buffalo. He has played decently in the past. Fiedler would have picked apart the Bills' crappy defense.
Quote:
I think I may stay in and watch this one since there are so many GB fans that will be at the bars here and they are just plain obnoxious. However, it's priceless to see them when the Packs lose. They take is so personally haha.
If you think there are Packer fans there, try where I am.

I love to see the collective gloom of the whole state when the Pack loses. But I've made a deal with my wife that I do not root openly against the Packers in her presence no matter how I feel about them. The one exception is when they play my team, the Dolphins. So since they won't play each other again for four years (unless in the Superbowl) I have to go all out tonight although my hopes are not high.

In any event, Dolphins lifetime record vs. the Packers: 9-1.
Old 11-04-02, 11:57 AM   #16
Iron Chef
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by movielib
In any event, Dolphins lifetime record vs. the Packers: 9-1.
touche'

FYI Brett Favre has a perfect record when the temperature falls below 40 deg F, and the last time thay met at Lambeau the Packers won 23 - 18.

Last edited by Iron Chef; 11-04-02 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-04-02, 12:13 PM   #17
Myster X
Banned

Packs finally play a "real team" for the first time this year.
Old 11-04-02, 12:17 PM   #18
movielib
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterX
Packs finally play a "real team" for the first time this year.
A real team with a pretend quarterback.
Old 11-04-02, 12:25 PM   #19
movielib
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Chef
touche'

FYI Brett Favre has a perfect record when the temperature falls below 40 deg F, and the last time thay met at Lambeau the Packers won 23 - 18.
Yeah, I remember that. Dolphins could have won that game too even though the Packers were a much better team at that time (Packers won the Superbowl the year before and got to the Superbowl that year and were favored).

Everything (except Favre's injury) seems to be in favor of the Pack in this game.
Old 11-04-02, 01:56 PM   #20
mikehunt
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
going to be watching the game and drinking beer with friends
what could be better?
Old 11-04-02, 10:39 PM   #21
movielib
DVD Talk Hero

Packer fans: congrats. Your guys really look like one of the best, maybe the best team in the league right now.
Old 11-05-02, 01:03 AM   #22
mikehunt
DVD Talk Hero

wings from the originator of chicken wings
beer
2 chicks
and a packers win
tonight was good
Old 11-05-02, 07:24 AM   #23
kevin75
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the pack was looking good last night. i think that if favre stays healthy that they are the team to beat in the NFC. that is, if they don't have one of those funky losing streaks that are happening to many teams this year.
Old 11-05-02, 07:27 AM   #24
Iron Chef
DVD Talk Legend

The Dolphins got owned!

7-1 I hope they keep on rolling.
Old 11-05-02, 09:47 AM   #25
Flashback
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yup - that was an awful game from the Fins. Lucas must be sent to pasture. He was awful and the few passes that were on target were either dropped or tipped for an INT (Carter is not ready yet). I hate saying this but Fiedler needs to come back quickly. Didn't think they would win but I also did not think they would play that bad either.

GB has the central pretty wrapped up and should do well in the post-season if all stay healthy.
Sponsored Links