Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon shipping on in stock/pre-ordered items?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon shipping on in stock/pre-ordered items?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-00, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered some items at Amazon that were in stock and some that are pre-orders for January and February. I ordered over $100 to get the free shipping and selected for them to deliver the items when the entire order is complete. My question is will they ship the things as they become available anyway or will I really have to wait until February to get all my items shipped?
Old 12-08-00, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sometimes they ship them when each individual title is available, other times, they don't.

------------------
Teacher: "Whose calculator can tell me what 7x8 is?"
Student: "Low battery."
--"The Simpsons"
Old 12-08-00, 01:20 AM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by mijang:
I ordered some items at Amazon that were in stock and some that are pre-orders for January and February. I ordered over $100 to get the free shipping and selected for them to deliver the items when the entire order is complete. My question is will they ship the things as they become available anyway or will I really have to wait until February to get all my items shipped? <HR>

It depends on which option you chose. you could choose to either ship them all at once as soon as they are all available, or to ship them one by one.
Old 12-08-00, 01:21 AM

The free shipping on $100 is still in effect right? I have $102.xx in my cart right now and its not giving me free shipping!! Its 5 DVDs and some batteries. What's up with this!
Old 12-08-00, 03:25 AM

As a point of reference, I have about a dozen orders pending at Amazon, and have placed six of them within the free shipping time period. None of the free shipping orders have been shipped as partials even though all but preorders with indefinite dates are in. In contrast, in each of the orders prior to the free shipping offer, they have shipped items on hand. I do not believe they intend to ship any of this later bunch as partials.
Old 12-08-00, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Parsec:
The free shipping on $100 is still in effect right? I have $102.xx in my cart right now and its not giving me free shipping!! Its 5 DVDs and some batteries. What's up with this!<HR>

According to DVDTalk's home page, the free shipping at Amazon expires Sunday.
You may want to call and ask them about it, or even place your order over the phone, if they give you the free shipping that way, too.

------------------
Teacher: "Whose calculator can tell me what 7x8 is?"
Student: "Low battery."
--"The Simpsons"
Old 12-08-00, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

have you gone all the way to the end of the check out process? I found mine didn't ever show up until right before I finished the order, and I've done it twice in the last week.

Old 12-08-00, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered seven DVDs from amazon using the over $100 free shipping.

3 went out yesterday Priority, two went out today First Class and two are unshipped.

They must be getting killed doing it this way.

BTW, I did select the ship when everything is in stock option.

[This message has been edited by axolotls return (edited December 08, 2000).]
Old 12-08-00, 05:52 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Parsec:
The free shipping on $100 is still in effect right? I have $102.xx in my cart right now and its not giving me free shipping!! Its 5 DVDs and some batteries. What's up with this!<HR>

The small print on the free shipping specifically states that it will only be applied to orders where you have selected "Ship when all items are available." I tried to use my MCI GC to get some in-stock stuff and a few January pre-orders, but when I saw that they were going to charge me $20 extra for shipping if I split the order up I cancelled it and ordered all in-stock items. I didn't feel like waiting till late January for all my movies. The ironic thing to me is that after all that, they shipped my 8 DVDs in three boxes! One UPS (6 DVDs), one USPS Priority (1 DVD) and one USPS First Class (1 DVD). Haven't gotten any of them yet, hoping for Monday...
Old 12-08-00, 06:27 PM

I actually am counting on the orders shipping at one time in the new year as I have already spent more this year than I intended to . I put back ordered items in each one for that purpose. I will feel less guilty about it if they come as single shipments in January.