Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Can someone recommend a new DVD store for me

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Can someone recommend a new DVD store for me

Old 11-19-00, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone recommend a new DVD store for me. I am not going to buy any more movies from buy.com. I need someone that will deliver my pre-orders the day that they are supposed to come out, and buy.com can't seem to get any of my orders out until a week to late anymore. Please help
Old 11-19-00, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts
well stay away from amazon then. i'd say try express.com, 800.com or dvdempire.com

------------------
Stand up, turn and face me! Believe what you believe. Don't just stand there suffering, talking about your freedom.
Old 11-20-00, 09:16 AM
AOD

800.com I haven't had a single problem with them (and they give you free popcorn!)

------------------
"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun"--Ash
Old 11-20-00, 09:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At this point I don't know if I'd trust dvdexpress any more They seem to be having supply/money problems and orders aren't going out as quickly as they used to. If you don't like buy then the last one I would recommend is dvdempire.com. It seems a few people are having problems w/ them, but I believe they are in the minority. I haven't tried 800.com yet though...
Old 11-20-00, 05:14 PM

It seems that what you want does not exist.

One problem is that the suppliers no longer deliver the items on time to the stores!

(Ck the DVDempire thread for an example of this in Steve's reply.)

Also, every store seems to have customer service problems as well as delivery problems, this includes 800.com .

So, the popularity of DVD has caused increased demand, which causes increased problems.

PS So far, I have had excellent results from moviegallery.com - they shipped my final third DVD that was back ordered during their recent promotion. But, one order is certainly not enough to judge a store, and they undoubtedly have the same supply problems.
Old 11-21-00, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Fred Myers, I have found, (and maybe i just lack skills) That it really does not cost me much more to go to Fred Myers and Pick a Movie up then to buy it online. and it's same day Delivery (assumeing they have the movie in stock, I am not Increadibly impressed with their selection... But they have a Card you can use for 15 bucks off after buying so much.. better then nothing...
Old 11-22-00, 08:32 AM

I for one have got nothing but great service from DVDexpress. I have ordered 7 or 8 movies from them, and they have all arived very quickly. I also got good service from amazon.com, but i havent used them in a while. usually, my pre-orders arive on the day they are released in the stores!
Old 11-22-00, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

mjduda,

try a B&M these days...

I think DVDEmpire is in your state. However, most etailers will get them there on or after release date.

The only place I have gotten them early from consistently is buy.com
Old 11-22-00, 02:56 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by mjduda:
Can someone recommend a new DVD store for me. I am not going to buy any more movies from buy.com. I need someone that will deliver my pre-orders the day that they are supposed to come out, and buy.com can't seem to get any of my orders out until a week to late anymore. Please help<HR>

xcheckers has it correct....We are in Pittsburgh, PA....where are you located in Pittsburgh....and how about those Stiller bums.

Steve

------------------
My submissions and/or responses are in no way an effort to promote our business. However, they are offered as a perspective from someone who works in the industry of Home Entertainment.
Old 11-22-00, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Consider your local B&Ms. They'll have the top 2-3 releases each week... and 'free' shipping.

-Beebs