Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Stan Lee Turns 95 (Update: Dead - RIP)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-18, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts
Re: Stan Lee Turns 95

So who do you believe? Is Stan delusional at this point and too elderly to know what is going on? Or does he really know what is going on?

He seems pretty alert and literate there considering his age. But many elderly people can seem alert and still not know what is truly going on around them.
Old 04-16-18, 08:35 AM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
So who do you believe? Is Stan delusional at this point and too elderly to know what is going on? Or does he really know what is going on?

He seems pretty alert and literate there considering his age. But many elderly people can seem alert and still not know what is truly going on around them.
I feel that he's being manipulated by Keya Morgan in the same way Fox News manipulate the elderly into parroting things. Morgan sounds to be a con artist, who doesn't know shit about the comic book business but knows that Stan is worth lots of money. I feel the people at Marvel should get involved since this is kinda bouncing on their laps and creating bad publicity for everyone involved.
Old 04-16-18, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite

He seems alert and literate when he's talking in the videos he's made recently, but he may not be that way throughout the whole day. He likely gets very tired at the signing and photo ops.

If you can imagine even more youthful people like us having to sit in a chair for several hours at a time and doing nothing else but signing your name to what ever is put in front of you. It would get pretty mind numbing and monotonous after a while. Same thing with the photo ops having to do nothing but sit there in a chair and do nothing but smile every 5-10 seconds while having a flash go off in your eyes numerous times a minute. It's easy to see why your mind could freeze up and forget what you doing for a minute.
Old 04-16-18, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Red Hood
I feel that he's being manipulated by Keya Morgan in the same way Fox News manipulate the elderly into parroting things. Morgan sounds to be a con artist, who doesn't know shit about the comic book business but knows that Stan is worth lots of money. I feel the people at Marvel should get involved since this is kinda bouncing on their laps and creating bad publicity for everyone involved.
He was likely being manipulated by his previous employee(s) as well. I think Stan thrives on feeling wanted and needed. His late wife eluded to that in an interview with her that's up on youtube. She said he would never retire and if he did he would die.

A lot of people keep saying Marvel should get involved. Stan isn't employed by Marvel anymore though and they have no authority to get involved or attempt to control his affairs without him going to them and asking for help.
Old 04-16-18, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Originally Posted by movieguru

If you can imagine even more youthful people like us having to sit in a chair for several hours at a time and doing nothing else but signing your name to what ever is put in front of you.
At a hundred bucks a scribble, I'd do it full time, 40 hours a week.
Old 04-16-18, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
At a hundred bucks a scribble, I'd do it full time, 40 hours a week.
At $100 a signature, I'd sign 15 hours straight for just one weekend. At about 6 signatures per minute I'd have $1.8 million in the bank. I could invest that and retire with a very comfortable income for the rest of my life.
Old 04-18-18, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

I thought I had read he said he was done appearing at Cons a couple of years ago.
Old 04-18-18, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mndtrp
I thought I had read he said he was done appearing at Cons a couple of years ago.
He was doing his "final" appearances in 2017. But like furniture stores that do "going out of business" sales or musicians that do "final tours", it's not alway so. It's all about how much money making another appearance will generate for that celebrity.
Old 04-18-18, 11:55 AM
Banned

The scribble is now $125
Old 04-18-18, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Two years ago they were advertising it as his last signing at NY Comic Con.
Old 04-19-18, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

OK, then I didn't misread that. Thanks for clearing it up for me.
Old 04-19-18, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
The scribble is now $125
Is that with his blood in the ink or without?
Old 04-19-18, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

OK, then I didn't misread that. Thanks for clearing it up for me.
It was VERY vague the way they worded it. Many of us standing in line thought it was his last signing period. It was later clarified by some of his people.

Originally Posted by fujishig
Mark Hamill was getting over $300 for his signature last year at NYCC.
Old 04-19-18, 03:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fujishig
I believe the blood in the ink version is $500
Old 05-16-18, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

1 billion dollar lawsuit

Stan Lee files suit against former company
Old 05-23-18, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I hate seeing all of this happen. I also kick myself for being lazy and not seeing the man in the past. My son is a HUGE comic fan and he loves Stan, I hate that I put off getting him to a con to meet him.
Old 05-23-18, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

I'm pretty sure that after he passes away, Stan's handlers will mummify his body and cart him around to various conventions so that people can take selfies with him for $200 a pic.
Old 05-23-18, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
I'm pretty sure that after he passes away, Stan's handlers will mummify his body and cart him around to various conventions so that people can take selfies with him for $200 a pic.
lol What a fucked up uncaring world we live in sometimes. It's amazing how people care more about money than love. Shit is sad.
Old 05-24-18, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
Hell, they'll probably sell little pieces of him.
Old 06-03-18, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Two gunmen were arrested outside his home a few days back:

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/s...outside-house/
Old 06-03-18, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by movieguru
Two gunmen were arrested outside his home a few days back:

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/s...outside-house/
From what we understand, the individuals in question had confronted the comic book legend demanding that he pay them some money he owed.
Stan Lee owes people money? Naw.
Old 06-13-18, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

A lot has happened in the past couple of days (including Keya Morgan following me on Twitter!).

TMZ

Stan Lee Files For Restraining Order Against Business Partner

Stan Lee has gone to court to ask for protection against his presumably soon-to-be-ex-business partner and friend, Keya Morgan.

Lee just filed for a restraining order in Los Angeles on the heels of Morgan's arrest on suspicion of filing a false police report. It was reported Morgan may have lied when he told cops two gunmen showed up at Stan's Hollywood Hills home on the night of May 31 demanding money.

The case type of the newly filed docs is "Elder/Dependent Adult Abuse Prevention."

Morgan's been a constant fixture at Lee's side over the last year -- helping create videos with the Marvel legend at his home -- and accompanying him to conventions.

Stan's had a rough year ... battling pneumonia as well as money issues. He filed a BILLION dollar lawsuit last month against POW! Entertainment claiming the company took advantage of him and stole his name.

He also claimed a former business partner stole his blood and used it to fill pens that would sell as collectables for a fortune, and also used it to stamp his signature on certificates of authentication on certain comic books.

Story developing ...
Old 06-13-18, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

And now a court-ordered Legal Guardian has been appointed for Stan.

Bleeding Cool

Earlier today, Bleeding Cool reported that Stan Lee‘s recent manager Keya Morgan had been arrested by Hollywood police, that a restraining order had been placed against Morgan, and that Stan was with his daughter JC Lee and lawyer Kirk Schenck.

The following release has been issued from the offices of Los Angeles lawyer, Tom Lallas, who recently worked with Stan Lee and was responsible for drafting an earlier statement from Stan Lee that was heavily critical of Morgan.

The release reads:

For approximately four (4) months beginning in February 2018, Detective G. Munoz (“Detective Munoz”), acting in collaboration with fellow colleagues in the Los Angeles Police Department (“LAPD”), has conducted an investigation (the “Investigation”) with respect to various events that have occurred (collectively, the “Events”) affecting the life and wellbeing of Stan Lee (“Mr. Lee”). In this regard, Mr. Lee signed under penalty of perjury on February 13, 2018 the Declaration of Stan Lee (“Declaration”) in which Mr. Lee expressed concerns regarding the intentions and conduct of various people as described therein. Based on the facts, documents and information Detective Munoz and others working with him have acquired and evaluated in this Investigation, Detective Munoz determined that in order to protect Mr. Lee, it was necessary to obtain an Emergency Protective Order (“EPO”) and, thereafter, an Elder Abuse Restraining Order (“EARO”) against Keya Morgan (“Morgan”). At the request of Detective Munoz and others working with him, the Los Angeles County Superior Court (the “Court”), issued an EPO against Morgan on June 11, 2018.

As a result of his Investigation, Detective Munoz determined that it may be necessary and appropriate, in order to obtain an EARO to protect the interests, health and wellbeing of Mr. Lee, to have a Guardian Ad Litem appointed. On June 12, 2018, Detective Munoz requested that Tom Lallas, Esq., a friend of, and lawyer who represented, Mr. Lee, agree to act as the Guardian Ad Litem, if necessary, and to seek an EARO, and Mr. Lallas unconditionally accepted this request. The Court issued an EARO against Morgan on June 13, 2018.

The objectives of Mr. Lallas, whether acting as a Guardian Ad Litem, seeking an EARO, or otherwise, on behalf of Mr. Lee, are to: (i) protect the financial, emotional, physical and mental health and wellbeing of Mr. Lee, (ii) help Mr. Lee preserve his assets and estate, and (iii) prevent Mr. Lee from being subject to undue influence, coercion, and/or control by third parties whether by bad actors, predators, or otherwise. In order to achieve this objective, Mr. Lallas is prepared to and will execute any responsibilities as directed by the Court in the pending matter.
Old 06-13-18, 08:47 PM
Banned

I posted back in April that Keya Morgan look and sounded like a fame-hounding con artist. Well, it seems the investigation proof that. Stan's latest Twitters posts looked like they were written by Morgan himself and that he coerced Stan to do the video.
Old 06-13-18, 08:54 PM
Banned

That Keya Morgan has one of the most punchable faces out there. Up to par with Ajit Pai

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.