Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Spider-Man (Insomniac Games) PS4 (9/7/18)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Spider-Man (Insomniac Games) PS4 (9/7/18)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-18, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Re: Spider-Man (Insomniac Games) PS4 (9/7/18)

Originally Posted by Gooter
Sure. I’ll take it. If available. Thanks
PM'ing it to you now!
Old 09-12-18, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you!
Old 09-12-18, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
In that case, wouldn't Amazing be in line with "Normal" difficulty and an offshoot more likely to be considered "Hard"?

I mean The Amazing Spider-Man is the "Normal" Spider-Man comic.
Yeah for it fits:
Friendly - easy
Amazing - normal because that is orginal
Spectacular - hard

Wonder if there will be a future DLC for Superior with Doc Oc as the voice.
Old 09-13-18, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
There's 3 difficulty settings: Friendly, Amazing, and Spectacular. I'm playing on Amazing and don't find it particularly difficult so far. I'll die a few times, but nothing crazy.
Thanks! I have been on the fence with his title. With so many sports games being released at one time, I might have to wait until Christmas to get it.
Old 09-13-18, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

How the heck do you take photos? I pulled up photo mode, messed around with every setting but still couldn't find the button to actually save the picture.
Old 09-13-18, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
How the heck do you take photos? I pulled up photo mode, messed around with every setting but still couldn't find the button to actually save the picture.
Had the same frustration. The only way I could figure out was to use the "share" button and it's saved to your HD.
Old 09-13-18, 07:57 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Getting a CE-34878-0 error on this game. Anyone has a solution to it?
Old 09-14-18, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Had the same frustration. The only way I could figure out was to use the "share" button and it's saved to your HD.
Pretty sure the share button was intended to take the photos
Old 09-14-18, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

I like that there are a lot of side things. Been focused on doing those. They don’t feel like a chore, plus it helps build up the character in the long run. Although some of Harry’s ones were frustrating at first.

Does anyone know how you “find out” when there are more of those circuit/spectrometry things available in the lab? I’m guessing it’s after each Act.
Old 09-14-18, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bluetoast
I like that there are a lot of side things. Been focused on doing those. They don’t feel like a chore, plus it helps build up the character in the long run. Although some of Harry’s ones were frustrating at first.

Does anyone know how you “find out” when there are more of those circuit/spectrometry things available in the lab? I’m guessing it’s after each Act.
Agree. I thought they would get tedious like in other open world games but it is so much fun to swing/traverse around the city that I don't mind doing them. The only ones I don't like so far are the research stations. The cellular interference one was annoying as hell.
Old 09-14-18, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

What skills do you all recommend upgrading first? The swing technique?
Old 09-14-18, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
Thanks! I have been on the fence with his title. With so many sports games being released at one time, I might have to wait until Christmas to get it.
I really want to play this, but I signed up for two cheap months of GamePass and need to check that out.
Old 09-14-18, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
What skills do you all recommend upgrading first? The swing technique?
Perfect Dodge. Useful against the brutes as it webs mobs in the face after you dodge incapacitating them for a short time.

And then Dodge Window.

Both in the Defender tree.
Old 09-14-18, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I concentrated on most of the combat/focus related skills. Swinging helped me later for side missions that relied on a lot of chasing.
Old 09-14-18, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

I noticed at the bottom right of the screen when you're looking at the different suits it displays stats but they don't change at all no matter what suit you select. What an I'm missing?
Old 09-15-18, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just started playing today and the game is fantastic. Pretty much everything you would want from a Spiderman game. The side stuff is addicting, I think I only played through one story mission so far.
Old 09-15-18, 10:38 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I'll admit, I'm not the biggest Spider-Man, but what part of that statue is supposed to be a spoiler?
After beating around 70% of the game, I can see now why the statue is considered a plot twist/spoiler for the game.

Spoiler:

Doc Ock, who began the game as the mild mannered Dr. Otto Octavius, becomes the main villain of the game and forms the Sinister Six. Still, this isn't a spoiler for those familiar with the Spider-Man lore.
Old 09-16-18, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Played a little bit. I really like it so far. It's basically Arkham Spidey. I was prepared to fully hate the new costume but I thought it played well and made story sense so it didn't bother me that much. I think the two big gripes I have so far is in having to do the little mini-game to unlock the towers. I also think the contents of the backpacks are stupid. I would prefer to have something like what The Amazing Spiderman games did, which is have unlockable comics you can read or similar things.

Overall though, I really like this game. With how good this game and the Batman games have been, I hope that means developers take more chances bringing other superheroes to gaming.
Old 09-16-18, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 403 Posts

I've unlocked like 15 different suits and I still stick with the red and white. I just really like the look of it.
Old 09-16-18, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I've been going back and forth between the red and white suit, the classic, and the Iron Spider for the most part. A lot of the ones are interesting to see, but I don't like the look of them swinging around
Old 09-16-18, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

Yeah, I stick to the classic. Would be cool to have the corny looking Nicholas Hammond one, as well as an original one with the arm webs.
Old 09-16-18, 05:57 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Finished this up...got my plat..

I would give the game a solid 8. Visually it is stunning. The sound design might be the best I have ever heard in a game.

Pros:

Movement is amazing. By the end of the game, you truly feel like Spiderman with the ability to move around at amazing speeds.

Combat is fun. It is not as polished as Batman, but much more complex and takes longer to master.

The gadgets and suit powers. I loved messing around with them.

Some amazing set-piece moments in the main story missions.

Negatives:

The side distractions/missions. Some of the actual "side-missions" were ok, but the overwhelming number or repetitive garbage was shocking. This is a problem with almost every open world game, and it usually is only a problem if you are a trophy/achievement whore, but in this game it is harder to accept because the side distractions are required to unlock new suits, powers, gadgets and upgrades. There are only so many times I have to stop a car, or chase a drone before it becomes boring. The game teases new suits and powers and then says "hey do these 365 random crime missions if you want to try them all out" HUGE mistake on their part.

Every time you are playing the game as another character sucked. Minor spoiler about this
Spoiler:
At first playing as MJ or Miles was a slightly amusing distraction but later it just kept coming up and by the end I was pulling my hair out.
a slightly larger spoiler for one of these missions
Spoiler:
the final MJ mission was WAY too long and boring searching for the key

Overall better than the last Batman game, but not even close to the first two Rocksteady games. I deleted the game as soon as I finished, and have no desire to play any dlc or new game plus. The second Rocksteady Batman game had me playing a second time on new game plus with no hesitation.
Old 09-18-18, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by foxdvd
Every time you are playing the game as another character sucked. Minor spoiler about this
Spoiler:
At first playing as MJ or Miles was a slightly amusing distraction but later it just kept coming up and by the end I was pulling my hair out.
a slightly larger spoiler for one of these missions
Spoiler:
the final MJ mission was WAY too long and boring searching for the key
Random thoughts as I get close to the end (88% complete)... just minor spoilers that aren't too related to the plot of the game.

Spoiler:
One mission I actually did enjoy with MJ was when you get to direct and call out Spider-Man to help you. That was a little interesting, but yeah the other missions are boring. And also i'm tired of stealth missions like that in these games.

Speaking of missions that i'm sick of, another minor spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'm also tired of dream/nightmare type of sequences. Batman already did it with Scarecrow, so the hallucination sequence with Scorpion was kind of annoying and seemed forced like it needed something to mix it up, so might as well copy Arkham again.
Old 09-18-18, 08:33 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Random thoughts as I get close to the end (88% complete)... just minor spoilers that aren't too related to the plot of the game.

Spoiler:
One mission I actually did enjoy with MJ was when you get to direct and call out Spider-Man to help you. That was a little interesting, but yeah the other missions are boring. And also i'm tired of stealth missions like that in these games.

Speaking of missions that i'm sick of, another minor spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'm also tired of dream/nightmare type of sequences. Batman already did it with Scarecrow, so the hallucination sequence with Scorpion was kind of annoying and seemed forced like it needed something to mix it up, so might as well copy Arkham again.
I actually agree with both of your points...esp the second one.
Old 09-21-18, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Finished! First ever platinum. Overall, I think it's a very good game but not necessarily a great one despite all the time I put in to it. Fun and easy to play gameplay mechanics, but like I said before (and didn't get much better the more I played) the side missions get tedious and repetitive. Some of the main story missions are cliched and an annoyance, and the overall story line is really predictable. I felt like the experience in God of War was more impressive.

That said, enjoyed some of the MJ/Peter moments. And the inclusion of so many Spider-Man characters and little factoids/easter eggs was nice to see in the game.

Like foxdvd, i'm not really sure how much I care about the DLC.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.