Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Spider-Man (Insomniac Games) PS4 (9/7/18)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Spider-Man (Insomniac Games) PS4 (9/7/18)

Old 08-02-18, 06:16 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Spider-Man (Insomniac Games) PS4 (9/7/18)

Originally Posted by Red Hood
I'm kind of disappointed that Target aint getting this. Have over $140 on gift cards to use and would have like to use them on this set.
Target did have it. They sold out
Old 08-03-18, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolf359
I mostly love Amazon but I hate they keep pulling this bullshit about not being able to pre-order Sony games. I'll give my money to Target assholes.
Yeah I gotta agree. Super annoying
Old 08-03-18, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

My GCU is good until December, so I may end up getting this at Best Buy. I'm shifting towards digital these days, mostly for convenience and it's easier to take advantage of impulse buys of the occasional deal. But I don't see myself playing a lot of Spiderman once I finish the main story, so digital just doesn't make sense for me here. I can at least sell it on Craigslist or whatever and make a little money back on it.
Old 08-23-18, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Review embargo will be lifted Sept 4th.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 08-23-18, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

10/10 amazing game of the year hopefully.
Old 08-28-18, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

DLC schedule already mapped out.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018...tent-revealed/

The first chapter of Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps is Marvel’s Spider-Man: The Heist, and it will be released on October 23. As you play the base game, you’ll realize that Felicia Hardy, aka Black Cat, is back in town and she’s leaving clues around town to toy with Spider-Man. In Marvel’s Spider-Man: The Heist, she finally reveals herself. Featuring new missions and challenges, as well as a brand new faction of enemies and three additional suits to unlock, you won’t want to miss it.

In addition, we’re also excited to share the full release calendar for the second and third installments of the Marvel’s Spider-Man: City That Never Sleeps:

October 23: Marvel’s Spider-Man: The Heist
November 2018: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Turf Wars
December 2018: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Silver Lining

Starting today at PlayStation Store you can buy all three installments of Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps for a bundle price of $24.99 USD MSRP. Each of the three installments are available for $9.99 USD MSRP each upon their respective individual release, and features new story missions, challenges, and suits.

If you haven’t pre-ordered the game yet, now’s the perfect time to grab the Digital Deluxe Edition which gives you the full game PLUS all three installments of Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps for just $79.99 USD MSRP. If you pre-order the Digital Deluxe Edition, you’ll also receive the pre-order bonus content, including a one-of-a-kind physical Spidey pin.
So if you want the DLC, getting the deluxe edition now would be a better value I guess going by MSRP.
Old 08-29-18, 10:00 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

The PS4 bundle and the collector's edition set seem to be sold out online everywhere.
Old 08-29-18, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,005 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
The PS4 bundle and the collector's edition set seem to be sold out online everywhere.
Yep. I finally decided I wanted to get one and now can't find one available anywhere. Gamestop told me to check back with them two days after it comes out as those that people did not pick up are released to the first person who asks for them. I don't know if any other shops are actually going to get any just to sell and may since many places told me it was a pre-order only item.

I may just wait and see what kind of VR bundles come out around Black Friday/Xmas anyway.
Old 08-30-18, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

That's too bad, it was available on Walmart's website yesterday. There might be a chance it pops back up at one of the retailers again before release.
Old 08-30-18, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,027 Likes on 4,115 Posts

I'm so annoyed. I was waiting for the statue reveal to decide before buying the CE. The CE sold out and they NEVER revealed the statue.
Old 08-30-18, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,226 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
The CE sold out and they NEVER revealed the statue.
The word from Insomniac is that the statue is a massive spoiler for the game, so they didn't want to reveal it early. Apparently the CE is even packaged such that you won't see the exact contents when looking at everything else in the edition unless you make some extra effort...? It's a conceptually bizarre idea.

I'm assuming it's Spider-Man versus some iconic enemy we haven't seen revealed in gameplay videos yet, like the Green Goblin. Or maybe an unexpected guest star?
Old 08-31-18, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 438 Likes on 307 Posts

Don't give a toss about all this CE or amazon nonsense - I'm buying digital, as I have for more than a year now. It's so nice to not have to reach for a disc - I'd even pay extra for that convenience.
Old 08-31-18, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by slop101
Don't give a toss about all this CE or amazon nonsense - I'm buying digital, as I have for more than a year now. It's so nice to not have to reach for a disc - I'd even pay extra for that convenience.
If you have GCU or Amazon Prime, then you are.
Old 08-31-18, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Decker
If you have GCU or Amazon Prime, then you are.
I do not (and if I had prime, I'd be paying WAY more overall, as I don't use amazon nearly enough for prime to ever be worth it to me - they once gave me a free month prime, and I never used it once)
Old 08-31-18, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 546 Likes on 399 Posts

People are weird.
Old 08-31-18, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

Agreed. Been digital for 5 years now, and its wonderful. Ready to download and play some Spidey!

Last edited by stingermck; 08-31-18 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-02-18, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I ended up ordering the Collector's Edition from Target this morning when I saw it back in stock (thank you 3am baby feeding!). Still wish it was with BB & GCU, but at least it took care of sales tax with Red Card.
Old 09-03-18, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You already are. They're saving costs on production, packaging, printing, and distribution and yet you're paying the same for digital as you would a physical product.
Old 09-03-18, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

But if I'm not interested in selling the disc when I'm done with it, why should it matter?
Unlike most movies or music, downloading a game has ZERO difference from the disc, and since a PS4 just dumps all the info onto the hard-drive, and doesn't really read of the disc, you're not even saving any hard-drive space by going physical. So outside of having a disc to sell back (which, IMO, is an encumbrance all it's own), there absolutely zero incentive to having a disc - and that's not even mentioning disc-drive failure and blu discs that have gone bad and/or get damaged.
Old 09-03-18, 07:54 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts

But if I'm not interested in selling the disc when I'm done with it, why should it matter?
Unlike most movies or music, downloading a game has ZERO difference from the disc, and since a PS4 just dumps all the info onto the hard-drive, and doesn't really read of the disc, you're not even saving any hard-drive space by going physical. So outside of having a disc to sell back (which, IMO, is an encumbrance all it's own), there absolutely zero incentive to having a disc - and that's not even mentioning disc-drive failure and blu discs that have gone bad and/or get damaged.
I agree. All digital all the time. So easy and can just install what you want when you want and save space and so easy. The only time I get the disc is if I could get crazy deal. But, by the time I play them, the digital gets so cheap and just easier to dl. The last ones on physical were Titallfall 2 and Battlefield One bc a few xmasses ago I got new for like $55 total for both.
Old 09-03-18, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,226 Posts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L4MTPRu9Pr0?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-04-18, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Reviews are trickling in.

88 so far overall on Metacritic.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...der-man?ref=hp

IGN - http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/...man-ps4-review

Aside from a few odd pacing issues, which momentarily took me out of the experience of being a superhero, and a world of optional missions that don’t always quite live up to the heft of the main story, Insomniac has delivered a Spider-Man story that both surprised and delighted me, coupled with gameplay that made me feel like Spider-Man nearly every step of the way. The Wall Crawler’s open world doesn’t consistently deliver the thrilling moments of its main campaign, but the foundation laid here is undoubtedly a spectacular one.
Polygon - https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/4/178...iew-ps4-marvel

There aren’t many surprises to the game; despite being an open-world experience, it plays upon a linear story, and the twists that happen feel familiar. The action sequences are breathless and memorable, but after the game’s final act I was left wanting more. Just like a summer blockbuster, Spider-Man leaves too much waiting in the wings for its obviously upcoming sequel.
Kotaku - https://kotaku.com/spider-man-the-ko...iew-1828796781

As a playground for one of the most idiosyncratic superheroes of all time, Marvel’s Spider-Man is sheer bliss. It’s a sandbox platformer first and foremost, and a damn good one. Throughout playing the game I was constantly hounded by the question of whether this—sublime superhero traversal in a gorgeous, idealized version of New York—were enough. After countless hours later spent cleaning up every last icon on the map, I’m convinced they are.

Last edited by fumanstan; 09-04-18 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-04-18, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Currently rocking an 88 on Metacritic. Target hasn't shipped either of my copies yet, so I'm probably not going to be playing this weekend. Which sucks since Tomb Raider is so close behind this
Old 09-04-18, 10:18 AM

I finally gave up trying to land a CE. Bottom line is that I still might have been able to snag one at BestBuy.com on release date but I don't have room in my office for another Statue and decided that the Digital Deluxe edition looked pretty good as long as I still can get the preorder bonuses including the physical pin which looks pretty nice and will be a lot easier to display . If I had gambled on the website availability and lost, I wouldn't be able to snag the preorder pin or the other stuff on a digital purchase.

Looking forward to playing this game on Thursday night.
Old 09-04-18, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The CE is up at Gamestop!

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/m...1uy__doStqjAsg

As is the PS4 Pro console.

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/console...gXLHAumzH3kHAQ

The console is also up at Best Buy at this moment.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-pl...?skuId=6278284

Last edited by fumanstan; 09-04-18 at 12:27 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.