Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Big Brother 19 Season Thread Premieres June 28th

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 19 Season Thread Premieres June 28th

Old 08-03-17, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Brother 19 Season Thread Premieres June 28th

Well, with the results of the HOH tonight I think I'm done with this season. After starting so good, what a trainwreck it's turned into.
Old 08-03-17, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'd like to see Cody go next week and for Jessica to find a way to get back into the game.

I'll refrain from discussing the bullying chatter because we seem to hear it every season.

However this season's cast does seem to have a larger number than usual of houseguests who don't seem to care about winning but, rather, making jury and gaining Instagram and Twitter followers.
Old 08-03-17, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

Cody and Jessica could still end up safe if one wins the temptation comp and one wins the veto. Probably a long shot though.
Old 08-04-17, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

Someone on Reddit made this compilation

Also you know it's bad when Evil Dick is saying you got a good edit:
https://www.twitter.com/EvelDick/sta...83878810431488
Old 08-04-17, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

The plan right now is to torture Cody and Jessica. Since they believe Cody likes the slop (or doesn't mind it in the least) they'll make Jessica have-not and not Cody. They're going to set up Cody as the target this week and then blind-side Jessica, figuring that Cody will "check-out" after she's gone.

I hate this bunch. I watched a bit of After Dark last night and they're such a tight-knit group following Paul like a cult-leader. It does seem as if no one (but Paul) is actually thinking about winning and making the next month the least bit interesting.

But the show is doing quite well in the ratings, so why change things.
Old 08-04-17, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

This has been an amazing season. Drama is what fuels this show for me, and this one is paying off nicely.
Old 08-04-17, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by stingermck
This has been an amazing season. Drama is what fuels this show for me, and this one is paying off nicely.
Well, since you love drama, and the producers love drama, here's the latest:

Spoiler:
Cody wins Safety, but Jessica loses and is an automatic nominee (of course, she still could win POV). The latest scheme is that Josh will put up two strong players as pawns to make sure Jessica can't win POV. Will they get a volunteer?

Last edited by DWilson; 08-04-17 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-05-17, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mark looks like he was drawn by Jack Kirby.
Old 08-05-17, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
Mark looks like he was drawn by Jack Kirby.
I was thinking more Rob Liefeld. Has anyone verified that he has feet?
Old 08-06-17, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
Josh clearly has some mental health issues. Still, I'd love to see him with Zingbot.
Looks like he might make it that far.

Be hilarious if he took a swing at Zingbot and knocked it over.
Old 08-07-17, 04:54 PM

I hate Raven and Paul even more than I hate the Gabourey Sidibe sex dream I had the other night.

She was on top.

I woke up screaming.
Old 08-10-17, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

BB continues to do surprisingly well this season and helps (or at least doesn't hurt) the shows around it. I just don't get it, since I really dislike this cast. I truly hate Paul and the way everyone but Jessica and Cody submit to his will. I'm not crazy about Cody or Jessica either, but at least they're providing some contrast. I'm just wondering if the war between Cody and Jessica and the rest of the house is actually fueling some interest.
Old 08-10-17, 09:38 PM

Mark and Elena had the strangest conversation under the covers last night.

Elena: Did you know that composite subatomic particles (such as protons or atomic nuclei) are bound states of two or more elementary particles?

Mark: You mean like, for example, how a proton is made of two up quarks and one down quark, while the atomic nucleus of helium-4 is composed of two protons and two neutrons?

Elena: Oh my God!! Yes, exactly!!! (Squeals with delight)

Mark:: Did YOU know that the neutron is made of two down quarks and one up quark, and that composite particles include all hadrons, including baryons (such as protons and neutrons) and mesons (such as pions and kaons)?

Elena: I did not know that. Thanks for making me feel dumb.
Old 08-11-17, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I realize he's delusional but was that whole Josh gunning for Elena thing something production came up with to make him seem more sympathetic or something? Because even if he really was gunning for her, he had absolutely no shot of making it happen. He didn't even get to vote.

Cody and Jessica are both bullies and the rest of the house guests still make them seem sympathetic. Truly an amazing job casting this show. And Jessica is 100% right about Paul, and we don't even get a hint that anyone even dares to cross him yet. It's like they really are happy just making jury. When Cody finally snaps this week and gets taken out of the house, they'll finally have to turn on each other, or just hand the money to Paul the way Paul handed the money to Nicole.

And the person with the most petty goodbye message wins Hoh. Of course. At least the host doesn't have to pretend to be impartial.

At least the commercials remind me that there are worse things on tv, like young Sheldon. And, apparently, Zoo, which from the little overlap snippet I saw is carrying on the tradition of Under the Dome.

Last edited by fujishig; 08-11-17 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-11-17, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll be curious if Cody puts up much of a fight this week. He clearly can't win, and his stay will be miserable, and he'd get a week off at the jury house. Without him, will the show be duller? It's funny that they've had enough fight footage that they've not shown any of the usual filler giving back-story on the contestants.
I was watching a bit of After Dark and while there's a lot of whispering, they're all still pretty worshipful of Paul; they're wearing away at each other (who's loyal, who's not loyal), but not plotting against Paul.
Old 08-11-17, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
I realize he's delusional but was that whole Josh gunning for Elena thing something production came up with to make him seem more sympathetic or something? Because even if he really was gunning for her, he had absolutely no shot of making it happen.
That 100% felt producer driven. And cemented when Julie mentioned it to Jessica (how often does that happen??) I mean I'm sure Elena's up there on his pecking order but just felt like such a BS contrived diary room backed mandate to make it seem like this week wasn't a slam dunk.

Yeah can't imagine Cody wanting to be stuck in jury house with those idiots. Does he self evict after veto? Wonder what's the financial incentive to staying (BB probably covers expenses getting to the show and then a weekly stipend or whatever).
Old 08-11-17, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Someone mentioned that they get some kind of bonus to make it to jury, which would explain why it's such a carrot to them.
Old 08-11-17, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
someone mentioned that they get some kind of bonus to make it to jury, which would explain why it's such a carrot to them.
$10,000
Old 08-14-17, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't remember a time when someone was such a pariah in the house that even talking to them gets you a warning from the rest of the house.

Also if Paul tells you you're not at the bottom of the alliance, how do you not ask him who the heck is?

Also how do you put your biggest ally on the block instead of Paul when both said it was ok to use them? How brainwashed is this group?

Now I'm starting to feel bad for Mark.

Last edited by fujishig; 08-14-17 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-14-17, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If I was Cody I would go full scorched earth. Douse everyone's mattress with water. Sing annoying songs at the top of my lungs at 4 in the morning so no-one can get any sleep. Cover the floors with oil and butter. Leave un-flushed Deuces in the toilet.
Old 08-15-17, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Thrush
If I was Cody I would go full scorched earth. Douse everyone's mattress with water. Sing annoying songs at the top of my lungs at 4 in the morning so no-one can get any sleep. Cover the floors with oil and butter. Leave un-flushed Deuces in the toilet.
Cody seems to be taking an opposite approach, and is being uncharacteristically friendly and campaigning to stay. Paul is blowing a gasket because he figures (rightly so) that Cody is undermining his game, since he's the only one who dares look sideways at Paul and attempts to point out his manipulations. Mark is the next target.
Old 08-18-17, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A pretty dullish DE episode, -I can't imagine what's going to be Friday's show, since they've cut the feeds until Friday night (perhaps a "clip" show).

I had heard there was a plan to throw the shuffleboard comp to Paul, so that he would be HOH during the DE. However, if that was the plan it got inadvertently screwed up. Nobody challenged Paul, and they seemed surprised when Julie asked Paul to compete against Christmas in the second-to-last spot. Then Christmas shoved her disk hard enough to get it off the end of the board, but it just hung on to the end of the board by a hair and Paul was eliminated.

This is going to be really dull unless they turn on each other soon.
Old 08-18-17, 02:27 PM

Dear Big Brother 19 Cast,
We are extremely bored and think you all don't know a thing about playing Big Brother by allowing Paul to dictate HOH week after week. He is outsmarting you all and none of you deserve the money. I had hopes for Alex in the beginning of being a superfan, but she is super stupid along with the others.

Yawn.
Old 08-18-17, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know it's easy to say these things but were I Cody, I'd have said (as my final speech, which he knew it was), "Congratulations, Paul, you played a better game than me. You've got my vote. If the rest of you don't like that, then you better do something about it."
Old 08-18-17, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
This is going to be really dull unless they turn on each other soon.
Going to be? This season is utter garbage and will only get worse. My daughter talked me into watching it with her again this season after being away for a few years. I wish she had picked something else. It has become unbearable.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.