Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

KONG:SKULL ISLAND - 4K Ultra HD/Blu-ray

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

KONG:SKULL ISLAND - 4K Ultra HD/Blu-ray

Old 07-24-17, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,158 Likes on 4,191 Posts
Re: KONG:SKULL ISLAND - 4K Ultra HD/Blu-ray

I don't know what a mailer is. They both arrived shipped between two pieces of cardboard. The first one was crushed as you see; the second one was fortunately intact.
Old 07-25-17, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I don't know what a mailer is. They both arrived shipped between two pieces of cardboard. The first one was crushed as you see; the second one was fortunately intact.
Those crappy cardboard sandwich things would indeed be a mailer, as opposed to an envelope or a box.
Old 07-25-17, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody get the Target exclusive? Wondering how they included the exclusive extras (on disc or online) and what they are. Considering picking it up while they have the 20% cartwheel deal going.
Old 07-25-17, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Anybody get the Target exclusive? Wondering how they included the exclusive extras (on disc or online) and what they are. Considering picking it up while they have the 20% cartwheel deal going.
While I don't have it, I know the Target exclusives are its "Lenticular Packaging and "A Terrifying Paradise: Creating Skull Island" 12 min. featurette piece of cast and crew taking the viewers through the shooting locations and set-up of Skull Island. *the featurette is on the Blu-ray disc (a.k.a not a download) this time.
Old 07-25-17, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by clappj
While I don't have it, I know the Target exclusives are its "Lenticular Packaging and "A Terrifying Paradise: Creating Skull Island" 12 min. featurette piece of cast and crew taking the viewers through the shooting locations and set-up of Skull Island. *the featurette is on the Blu-ray disc (a.k.a not a download) this time.
Thanks. 12 min is not worthy of paying more. Will wait and see if there is a copy left when they start discounting this down the line.
Old 07-25-17, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks. 12 min is not worthy of paying more. Will wait and see if there is a copy left when they start discounting this down the line.
Not sure what you mean by "paying more," but Target is selling their exclusive version at the same price as they are the regular edition. Both are $25, as is the price for the regular edition at Best Buy.
Old 07-25-17, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

From what I could see online, the bonus feature is on the main disc (as opposed to get its own disc like Paramount did for Ghost in the Shell).
Old 07-25-17, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by clappj
Not sure what you mean by "paying more," but Target is selling their exclusive version at the same price as they are the regular edition. Both are $25, as is the price for the regular edition at Best Buy.
Meaning getting it now because it could sell out vs. waiting for the typical price drop hoping they still have some left. If the exclusive is worthy, I tend to pay the extra cost it takes to get it before the price drops. Their DC steelbooks are a perfect example.
Old 08-20-17, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I purchased the Kong 4K Best Buy Steelbook here in Canada but there was no 3D disc. Only the 4K and Blu-ray Discs. I thought it was supposed to be included.
Old 08-21-17, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I purchased the Kong 4K Best Buy Steelbook here in Canada but there was no 3D disc. Only the 4K and Blu-ray Discs. I thought it was supposed to be included.
Did it say 3D on the packaging somewhere? Perhaps Canada got a different bundle than the U.S.?
Old 08-21-17, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, it doesn't look like it's the same release we got here in the US. It doesn't even mention 3D on the top of the cover like ours did.

Spoiler:

Was it $35 like it was here?
Old 08-21-17, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes. It was $36 here and after further investigation, Canada did not get the 3D disc. Was the 3D disc part of the Steelbook like the Rogue One or was it inside on a separate envelope? Freaking sucks that they have two different releases but I shouldn't be surprised about it. Canadian Best Buy are not getting the 4K Steelbook for PotC as only the Blu-ray release has a pre-order.
Old 08-21-17, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah there was no mention of 3D in upper top label.
Edit - I feel like Oldboy, I should had looked at the first post and would had answered my own question. Sorry!