Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NBA 2K18 - Shaq Legend Edition.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-17, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Re: NBA 2K18 - Shaq Legend Edition.

For some reason the NBA 2K games never download patches on their own like the rest of my games. And since the patches are all several gigs, it is infuriating to sit down to play the game only to see that I have to then wait for the patch to start downloading.
Old 09-29-17, 09:37 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
For some reason the NBA 2K games never download patches on their own like the rest of my games. And since the patches are all several gigs, it is infuriating to sit down to play the game only to see that I have to then wait for the patch to start downloading.
Same thing happens to me. I think it has something to do with 2K in particular cause it has happened to me to with the WWE games.
Old 10-01-17, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Went to play his morning. 4.4 gig update. Which didn't download overnight on my PS4 because apparently 75 gigs of free space isn't enough and I had to delete more stuff.

And what did they fix? Priority number one, an easy way for people to get VC. How about letting me skip some bfresh cutscenes?
What is the easy way? And anyway to get more space on the PS4? These games are killing my space.
Old 10-01-17, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,929 Likes on 1,492 Posts

There was some method of simming games in other modes to pick up easy VC, so of course they rushed out a patch. But hey, at least the cutscenes are still unskippable. Nothing like waiting for the game to load, watching my guy walk to the bench, another load, watching him walk to the arena with a cutscene, load, useless shooting practice, load, finally play a game.

PS4 you can add a USB external drive now, that's what I had to do.
Old 11-25-17, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,929 Likes on 1,492 Posts

Ok, I gave in and bought this game for the switch since it was on sale in the e-shop and the e-shop generally sucks at having sales anyway. I doubt I'll put as much time into this as in my PS4 game, but they did a really good job porting this over to the switch including... the unskippable cutscenes. Man, I wouldn't mind trying out different myplayers but having to sit through the cutscenes for a second time is already unbearable. How in the world do you not code in a way to skip your horrid cutscenes? Because you have to advertise Reeses Peanut Butter cereal? Argh!