Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Old 01-13-18, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Originally Posted by Brian Shannon
I will give them credit for listening and trying.

Behind the huge wall of text are the things that should have been in the game from Day 1.

While I still play because I do like the game, the massive amount of issues that remain will be a real challenge. I have paid through the next DLC so I am going to keep trying to see if I can squeeze more enjoyment out of the game.

I suppose I am in the minority but I would like to see more story driven content, more reason to actually play other than accumulating more stuff.

The story is lost and very weak, the entire game feels empty.

Why am I a guardian? Of what? There is no more Vanguard, there are no more factions. The enemies seem to exist for target practice. Beating the stay puff marshmallow man was very disappointing. There may be five types of enemies but they seem to exist for the purpose of target practice. Beautiful maps and areas in the game are totally empty and devoid of any value for exploring, finding things, learning lore, looking for clues, dead ghosts . . . where is the game play that makes me want to log in each day?

The farm is all but abandoned, the tower is a sterile hangar that makes me want to leave every time I have to visit.

We will see what actually gets updated and how it is received but my playtime is cut way back from D1. And as of what I see and what is important to me I do not see anything in that list that makes me change my view that there is little of any value for my limited gaming time.
I agree with you 100 percent. This is coming from someone that that put an ungodly amount of time into D1. To me it all comes down to loot drops. When I see a legendary engram drop for me there is no excitement because I know its something I've had drop 100 times.

Where is firefly? Why remove weapon perks that people loved? They wanted to balance D2 but in the end they took away everything that made D1 an awesome game.
Old 01-15-18, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this post makes me jump jump and want to turn my clothes backward

Kris Kross
@TheDarKris
·
5h
@cgbarrett Don't know if you answered this but any word on strike/Lost Sector specific loot being worked on?
Christopher Barrett
Christopher Barrett
@cgbarrett
Replying to @TheDarKris
More thematic loot that drops from named bosses and unique activities is definitely something we are planning to add.
5:28 PM · Jan 15, 2018
Old 01-16-18, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Shannon
I will give them credit for listening and trying.

Behind the huge wall of text are the things that should have been in the game from Day 1.

While I still play because I do like the game, the massive amount of issues that remain will be a real challenge. I have paid through the next DLC so I am going to keep trying to see if I can squeeze more enjoyment out of the game.

I suppose I am in the minority but I would like to see more story driven content, more reason to actually play other than accumulating more stuff.

Exactly....and after a couple of us played the intro, we too felt there could be more. For one they could've taken any number of the characters and did a back-story. I personally would've like to see one on Variks, the Loyal. And who wouldn't want to do one with Cayde-6...his lines would be worth it.

The story is lost and very weak, the entire game feels empty.

Agree to a certain point. Looking at it as a whole you do get some 'Star Wars Vibe" with the guardian side resembling The Rebel Force of outclassed and out matched collections of characters. But with D2, they laid the opening part of The Speaker taken, The Last City in ruins and you alone. But it was like at the end, you got a "Well, nice seeing you, get a push out the door and you're like ok...what's next..."....There is soooo much untapped it drives you crazy.

Why am I a guardian? Of what? There is no more Vanguard, there are no more factions. The enemies seem to exist for target practice. Beating the stay puff marshmallow man was very disappointing. There may be five types of enemies but they seem to exist for the purpose of target practice. Beautiful maps and areas in the game are totally empty and devoid of any value for exploring, finding things, learning lore, looking for clues, dead ghosts . . . where is the game play that makes me want to log in each day?

Another gripe of mine was, "why are there just three...same characters"...in the Destiny universe. If there was a opportunity to expand like introducing even one new character it was in D2. There's countless other games out there that somehow manage to infuse new characters in to the mix with a new background...and new powers...and those games continue to keep their players and expand their base

The farm is all but abandoned, the tower is a sterile hangar that makes me want to leave every time I have to visit.

Well...in other games be a Town Square, Marketplace, Main City, Outpost, Relay....players go there to mingle, trade, buy, upgrade, pick up new missions, sell, with all sorts of vendors (players) that usually have a broad spectrum of items that fit everyone's taste, style, level and currency. Going to Destiny's "Marketplace" vs other games is like going to a small Mom & Pop Hardware vs Home Depot. If you don't have want compels player to come...forget about it. Especially when most of it is the same old stuff and at a lower level than what you really need....

We will see what actually gets updated and how it is received but my playtime is cut way back from D1. And as of what I see and what is important to me I do not see anything in that list that makes me change my view that there is little of any value for my limited gaming time.
I went in a few days ago and just went to a few places and still was amazed of just how really awesome the design, layout and colors looked on the maps. It's like you want to just get on the bike and take a scenic tour....sort of like No Man's Sky. I don't know...I still read here, see the messages on the PS4 and read the official forums. There's always hope but it's like the saying goes, "you feel like taking one step forward but then take two steps back"......wish all in D2 the best.....
Old 01-16-18, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Reddit is reporting this is a lockout on lost sector chest. After you loot one, you cant loot another for 10 minutes.
Old 01-17-18, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Me007gold
Reddit is reporting this is a lockout on lost sector chest. After you loot one, you cant loot another for 10 minutes.
Bungie posted a patch note:

If you loot more than 2 chests in a 10 minute period you will not receive additional rewards from Lost Sector chests for another 10 minutes.

I am so sick of tokens and this manipulative transparent attempt to prolong the activity that I am throwing in the towel.
Old 01-17-18, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Say something nice about Destiny 2... I kinda like the public events.
Old 01-17-18, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Say something nice about Destiny 2... I kinda like the public events.
They skyboxes are pretty, and gun play is top notch.
Old 01-17-18, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't played any of the strikes since the DLC came out, is the new one any good?
Old 01-17-18, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I haven't played any of the strikes since the DLC came out, is the new one any good?
if you played the DLC story then you played the strikes

just allow for lots of time, they are infinite
Old 01-17-18, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Jeez, that's a pile of shit DLC package then. At least with The Dark Below we glitched the shit out of Crota for months afterwards.
Old 01-17-18, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I've never backed out of a strike before, but when a strike has me going to Mercury/Infinite Forest, I back the fuck out immediately. There was zero thought put into that setting.
Old 01-17-18, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jeez, that's a pile of shit DLC package then. At least with The Dark Below we glitched the shit out of Crota for months afterwards.
you said strikes not raid .... Crota and his ethernet exploits were the raid

the raid lair is fun if that is what you were asking, though we haven't dedicated enough time as a team to get past the final phase
Old 01-17-18, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

you said strike's not raid .... Crota and his ethernet were the raid

the raid lair is fun if that is what you were asking, though we haven't dedicated enough time as a team to get past the final phase as odd as that may sound since it isn't as long as the first Mercury raid
Old 01-17-18, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by musick
you said strike's not raid .... Crota and his ethernet were the raid

the raid lair is fun if that is what you were asking, though we haven't dedicated enough time as a team to get past the final phase as odd as that may sound since it isn't as long as the first Mercury raid
Ditto
Old 01-17-18, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chase3001
Ditto
that counts for your "say something nice about D2"
you don't need to feel obligated to say anything more
Old 01-17-18, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Me007gold
Plus, Bungie confirmed that basically unless you're missing armor, theres no point doing faction rally until the end of the season due to the way they release the faction weapons.

Bungie is doing everything possible to turn off the hardcore D1 fans. They didn't want people pouring in the hours that they did in D1 and it shows.

I got so pissed last night that I decided to give The Division another go. While it can't touch Destiny in terms of it's shooter mechanics, the loot makes D2's loot pool look ever shittier than I thought it was.
Old 01-18-18, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Plus, Bungie confirmed that basically unless you're missing armor, theres no point doing faction rally until the end of the season due to the way they release the faction weapons.

Bungie is doing everything possible to turn off the hardcore D1 fans. They didn't want people pouring in the hours that they did in D1 and it shows.

I got so pissed last night that I decided to give The Division another go. While it can't touch Destiny in terms of it's shooter mechanics, the loot makes D2's loot pool look ever shittier than I thought it was.
Don't Say that. The Division looks sooooooo uninteresting to me. I actually installed Battle front 2 today and checked it out for a minute.
Old 01-19-18, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Obey The D

We use to play a lot but it seemed like Ubisoft took a page from Bungie and started meddling too much especially with The Dark Zone where they almost forced everyone into that area. But with that last update...1.8...I've seen a lot go back and one friend who has stayed since day one said it was huge in content and better than the paid stuff. I always thought the Loot, Economic & Crafting was done good.

The Division's Latest Update Makes It Worth Playing Again

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-divisions...playing-again/
Old 01-19-18, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cruzness
Don't Say that. The Division looks sooooooo uninteresting to me.
Dude, The Division fucking rocks. One of my favorite games from that year. I still need to check back in after the last DLC dropped since I haven't played it yet.
Old 01-19-18, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Last night I had to work with two here that are huge destiny Fans and we got to talking and of course asked me if I had played any...I said sort of...like taking the Bike around just to see the scenery....

But they did tell me they're only doing the Crucible and nothing else...not even Raids nor the Rally since the Lock-out on Lost Sector which has set everyone off. Even his wife and son who would fit in with The Daggers has thrown in the towel. But he said for the heck-of-it, he fired up D1 and he said he actually had a good time and if anything missed all the special weapons which we started talking about...even mentioning the special perks like "Firefly" and WTH happened......but most have started playing other games like Fortnite which worldwide now has close to 40 million players.
Old 01-19-18, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Dude, The Division fucking rocks. One of my favorite games from that year. I still need to check back in after the last DLC dropped since I haven't played it yet.
Picked this up along with the Underground DLC when it was dirt cheap over the holidays. I played it a fair amount when it came out, but there really wasn't any end game to speak of at that time other than the PVP sector, and fuck that noise.

It sounds like they've improved on all of that and then some. I'm really looking forward to jumping back into it sometime this year.
Old 01-19-18, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Could not get into Division. It's like opposite-Destiny. The loot and missions are alright, but the settings/levels and gun-play (never like 3rd person shooting) are crap compared to Destiny.
Old 01-19-18, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I tried the Monster Hunter World demo cause some of my Destiny clan members were gonna jump on it for awhile and I just couldn't get into it.

The gaming mechanics of Destiny has spoiled me.
Old 01-19-18, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

from sandbox lead Josh Hamrick

Josh Hamrick‏Verified account
@Josh_Hamrick
Follow Follow @Josh_Hamrick
More
Replying to @PopeBear
At the highest level, we want to make you feel more like a god as your playing the game. I think that will influence all of our decisions and I believe is what, if you totally condense it all down to a single statement, is what I'm hearing from the community as well.

12:12 PM - 19 Jan 2018
Old 01-20-18, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Originally Posted by musick
Very True. I miss being Powerful.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.