No Wiki
Print Wikipost

[DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Old 03-31-17, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Seems like I used to have problems depending on the browser -- I can't remember if FF, Chrome, or Opera worked best. FoxConnect behaved the same way for me

I haven't read of other people havig the same issue though?
Am using Chrome. However, upon switching to Incognito mode, it didn't occur. Still occurring in regular mode
Old 04-02-17, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts

Hopefully this will wake them up (I sent this through their web site):

"Order XXXXXXXX If this is not here by Friday, 4/7/17 I demand a full refund, or I will dispute the charges with Pay Pal. Your website stated, "ships within 3 days". I placed the order on 3/25/17."

I'd also like to know since they say they are using USPS why they won't ship to a PO box. I was thinking they must use UPS/Fed Ex to have that policy, but noticed my order is scheduled to ship someday by USPS.
Old 04-03-17, 03:55 PM

Received my order of 15 titles today by UPS Ground. Order was placed 3/23. Order status still shows 'In Processing', received no email notification of shipment
Old 04-03-17, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Received my order of 15 titles today by UPS Ground. Order was placed 3/23. Order status still shows 'In Processing', received no email notification of shipment
Mine arrived today also. The problem I've got is with the IDIOT phone cs rep who told me on Friday that it hadn't shipped yet.

I don't know if the rep was a jerk, or if Warner's system is really so bad that their own reps can't check order status.
Old 04-04-17, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I strongly suspect it's the system and they probably can see pretty much the same thing you do in the account.

I find when the charge posts is still pretty accurate in determining actual shipment.
I did Pay Pal, so it posted immediately. I could look up the tracking # from the package & see when it shipped.

Just very frustrating CS. If either rep I dealt with had given me an accurate answer, I wouldn't have been upset.
Old 04-05-17, 12:58 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

movies came.. wbshop status still shows "in process." no shipping email.nada. but I got the movies..

surprising that a company like WB can't manage their own inventory better.
Old 04-05-17, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

In case anyone other than me cares:

For the MOD dvd-r's, WAC has switched from an unknown brand of media to Falcon/FTI. Falcon USED to make a fairly high quality product. That is no longer the case. I've also found that the Falcon dye doesn't age as well as Taiyo Yuden does (at least the pre CMC TY's; I don't trust CMC, the current owners of the TY brand & dye; as they have a history of manufacturing total garbage quality).

The point of all this is BACK UP YOUR MOD's; or you're basically renting the film for a couple years.
Old 04-06-17, 07:12 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
In case anyone other than me cares:

For the MOD dvd-r's, WAC has switched from an unknown brand of media to Falcon/FTI. Falcon USED to make a fairly high quality product. That is no longer the case. I've also found that the Falcon dye doesn't age as well as Taiyo Yuden does (at least the pre CMC TY's; I don't trust CMC, the current owners of the TY brand & dye; as they have a history of manufacturing total garbage quality).

The point of all this is BACK UP YOUR MOD's; or you're basically renting the film for a couple years.
is that true of MOD BD-r's as well?
Old 04-10-17, 04:57 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I just checked on the status of my order and looks to have been cancelled...but no reason given. I did receive a status e-mail shortly after ordering, but there was no message content (at the time I just filed it away thinking it was the shipment notice). Anyone else have something like this happen? --Peter
Old 04-10-17, 10:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cinemaman
is that true of MOD BD-r's as well?
Less is known about BD-R's, I think, because it was a hot medium for backups for a considerably short time. I recently did a bit of research on BD-R's and it seems that disks of even moderate quality could be good for < 5 years. On the other hand, BD "M-Disks" are supposed to last for hundreds and perhaps a thousand years. I don't know which disk brand and variation companies like Film Detective and Sony are using, but am getting used to companies trying to sell me the cheapest product at the highest price. I'd definitely backup any movie BD-R's, too. Personally, I don't intend to spend money on them anytime soon.
Old 07-11-17, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 397 Likes on 265 Posts

Anyone know how often Warner Archive runs this sale? Is it once a year/twice a year? And when do they usually run it?
Old 07-12-17, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

awesome, thanks.
Old 07-12-17, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes
Anyone know how often Warner Archive runs this sale? Is it once a year/twice a year? And when do they usually run it?
Talk about timing...someone at WAC heard you and said 'lets do it' in the most rapid turnaround decision known to mankind :-)
Old 07-12-17, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

thats funny. I was hoping it wouldn't be right away either, but I take responsibility.
Old 11-24-17, 11:10 AM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Black Friday 4 for $44 Sale. Free Shipping with $100 purchase so really no free shipping. Nothing new is included. 82 blu rays included.

http://www.wbshop.com/category/wbsho...edDescend&cx=0
Old 11-24-17, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Black Friday 4 for $44 Sale. Free Shipping with $100 purchase so really no free shipping. Nothing new is included. 82 blu rays included.

There is indeed free shipping for this deal. It's indicated on the Warner Archive banner on the link's 1st page.
Old 11-24-17, 12:03 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

You are correct. I only saw the top of the page when I posted about the $100 purchase requirement.
Old 11-24-17, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Classic Films

Bit on 5, thank you. But you're right in that there's not too many new titles
Old 11-24-17, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 581 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
But you're right in that there's not too many new titles
I was certain that this sale would at least include stuff like Brigadoon, Gumball Rally, Freebie, etc., maybe even Innocent Blood, but for the first time in ages, I can't even put together four. I could be wrong, but I think there's only about 5 titles that weren't available in the previous sale.
Old 11-24-17, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Brian T
I was certain that this sale would at least include stuff like Brigadoon, Gumball Rally, Freebie, etc., maybe even Innocent Blood, but for the first time in ages, I can't even put together four. I could be wrong, but I think there's only about 5 titles that weren't available in the previous sale.
Exactly. And those are the 5 I purchased - glad it was at least 4 to qualify for the offer
Old 11-24-17, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 581 Likes on 431 Posts

Hope that doesn't become their new m.o. on future sales. At that rate, I'd have to sit out at least four more sales just to get the next five titles I've been waiting for!
Old 11-24-17, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Think I'll hold off until the next sale when The Hidden, Innocent Blood, and The Green Slime will qualify.
Old 11-24-17, 09:00 PM

I can find four titles because I don't usually buy from WA, but was also hoping for free shipping. As Classic Films suggested, I don't expect most of us to hit the $100 threshold, so for our purposes that offer is meaningless. Is there ever a better deal? With 15% off, I can currently get three of my titles from Deep Discount for $12.33 each.
Old 11-24-17, 11:34 PM

Yes, it did, lol. I didn't notice the big banner right away either. But now I wonder about finding four titles for the next sale, which will need to include "Green Slime".
Old 11-25-17, 09:33 AM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else having problems with the site last night/into morning? When I try to finalize an order, it tells me there’s currently a problem (had no issues with an order earlier yesterday), and I’ve also been having instances of broke functionality with the site at times.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.