Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Will there ever be a premium mid-size TV?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 03-02-17, 12:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't be the only gamer out there who's tired of getting screwed by the TV manufacturers. I shouldn't have to choose between a bullshit under 30" monitor and a 60+ inch TV to get the best video quality, refresh rate, etc. If they can make small ones good, and big ones good, why not the mid-size ones? All I want is a 40 inch 4K screen (w/HDR etc) with low input lag and refresh rates at least as good as the bigger TVs. Do we know what models are actually coming for 2017? All I see anywhere is 2016 ones listed, and apparently none of the bastards even made 40 inch screens last year. Why the hell would you start at 43 inch? Who makes these goofy ass decisions and why did EVERY manufacturer all do it the same year? Why not offer an option other companies aren't???
Old 03-04-17, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Will there ever be a premium mid-size TV?

I wish Oppo would start making TVs, as they seem to be one of the few companies left that really cares about quality more than buzzwords. They probably would have 3D and PAL compatibility on all of them.
Old 07-07-17, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why the hell would you start at 43 inch? Who makes these goofy ass decisions
The same type of ahole suits like the ones at LG and Samsung who decided on their own that hence forth, no one on the planet should be able to watch 3D at home, that's who. And may these swine never order a bowl of soup without finding a dog turd in it.
Old 07-10-17, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts

I like that- I'll get a job at a restaurant near them just to put dog turds in the soup!

STILL wish Oppo would make a TV- though now that I've got a 75-incher I'll never take anything smaller than that, always gotta go bigger! I do remember seeing a really small monitor at Fry's with passive 3D playing Legends of Flight which I later bought.