Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Final Fantasy XV Discussion Thread (Sep 30th, 2016 / PS4, Xbox One)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Final Fantasy XV Discussion Thread (Sep 30th, 2016 / PS4, Xbox One)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-18, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Re: Final Fantasy XV Discussion Thread (Sep 30th, 2016 / PS4, Xbox One)

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
If you already own the game, the Royal Edition will be available separately for $19.99.
Thats cool for those who already bought.
Old 01-16-18, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

If you already own the game, the Royal Edition will be available separately for $19.99.
Even all the season pass DLC? That’s a sweet deal .
Old 01-18-18, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did they ever bother to actually fix Comrades for the Xbox so you could, you know, actually play online? Because otherwise, SE can fuck off.
Old 01-18-18, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
Even all the season pass DLC? That’s a sweet deal .
Unless I'm missing something, I think the $20 Royal Edition add on is different than the $25 season pass. So if you already own the game, you would still have to purchase both. The physical copy of Royal Edition seems like it includes everything though, so they are just trying to sweeten the deal if you haven't jumped in yet. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.
Old 01-18-18, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Unless I'm missing something, I think the $20 Royal Edition add on is different than the $25 season pass. So if you already own the game, you would still have to purchase both. The physical copy of Royal Edition seems like it includes everything though, so they are just trying to sweeten the deal if you haven't jumped in yet. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.
You're correct, though SE is saying the $20 price point for the standalone Royal Edition content that was reported yesterday is incorrect and the actual pricing is TBD. https://www.dualshockers.com/final-f...price-mistake/
Old 01-18-18, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you own the original game, but not any of the DLC, you might as well re-buy the physical copy. With GCU / Amazon, the price is $40. I would imagine buying both DLC packages would be more expensive than that.
Old 01-18-18, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,194 Likes on 4,221 Posts

If you own the original game, but not any of the DLC, you might as well re-buy the physical copy. With GCU / Amazon, the price is $40. I would imagine buying both DLC packages would be more expensive than that.

It says that the Royal Edition DLC includes all the Season Pass content. The $19.99 price is wrong unfortunately, but I'm sure it will be cheaper than re-buying the game again.
Old 01-18-18, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Can't confirm this, but supposedly there's even more DLC and content that's not on the Royal Edition. So this isn't a complete edition, for those wondering.
Old 01-18-18, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
It says that the Royal Edition DLC includes all the Season Pass content. The $19.99 price is wrong unfortunately, but I'm sure it will be cheaper than re-buying the game again.
My understanding is that the separate FFXV: Royal Edition release will include the original season pass content, but if you already own the base game and want to play both "seasons" worth of DLC you will need to buy both separately.

Originally Posted by EinCB
Can't confirm this, but supposedly there's even more DLC and content that's not on the Royal Edition. So this isn't a complete edition, for those wondering.
Yes, they are at least planning on releasing individual episodes for Ardyn, Lunafreya, and Ravus at some point.
Old 11-08-18, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ultimaton
Yes, they are at least planning on releasing individual episodes for Ardyn, Lunafreya, and Ravus at some point.
..about that:

In an unexpected announcement today, Square Enix announced the cancellation of three of the four planned Final Fantasy XV episode expansion packs and also confirmed that game director Hajime Tabata has left the company. Tabata's last day at Square Enix was October 31.

The canceled Final Fantasy DLC episodes include Aranea, Lunafreye, and Noctis. The fourth one, Ardyn, remains in development, and is scheduled to launch in March 2019.

The expansion packs were being developed by Luminous, the new Square Enix internal studio. However, that team will now focus on making a new AAA game, though it hasn't been announced yet. In an earnings report, Square Enix announced a major change to Luminous that resulted in an "extraordinary loss" amounting to $33 million. Until now, it wasn't know what that loss was related to, but now it looks like it's connected to the DLC cancellation.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fi.../1100-6463112/
Old 03-24-24, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

So, until The Rising Tide DLC is released for FFXVI, I decided to give this game a spin. The gameplay is entertaining enough (mostly just random hunts and side quests at this point), but the premise is... odd. If this arranged marriage between Noctis and Lunafreya is so important to the survival of the kingdom, why waste time on a road trip? The tie-in movie, Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV, made the whole situation seem very dire. Whereas in the game, it's as if no one cares until the kingdom finally falls. Just a weird setup so far.