Reload this Page >

Ni No Kuni 2 : Revenant King (PS4)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Ni No Kuni 2 : Revenant King (PS4)

Old 06-26-18, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Re: Ni No Kuni 2 : Revenant King (PS4)

an update was pushed this week that added difficulty levels -- and increased rewards for the harder difficulties.
Old 11-20-18, 11:11 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

picked this up since it is under 20 bucks at bestbuy and amazon...

30 hours in...the game is brilliant.
Old 11-21-18, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
picked this up since it is under 20 bucks at bestbuy and amazon...

30 hours in...the game is brilliant.
Yeah I love this game. Put it down for Red Dead but I plan to get back to it sooner or later.
Old 11-21-18, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 667 Posts

I need to go back and finish this. Can't recall what I put it down for. Great game but I was a bit disappointed they removed the pokemon aspect of catching/leveling monsters that the first game had.
Old 11-29-18, 12:55 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does not seem to be a lot of love for this game here...but I wanted to add that I finished this up and got my plat...easily one of the best games I played this year. The addition of the higher difficulties probably helped, because the game was a challenge from start to finish.
Old 12-16-18, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 403 Posts

Popped this in for the first time since I beat it back in April to check out the new DLC and I'm pretty disappointed with it. The main quest is a labyrinth where it's recommended you be level 120 (which is the level cap) and I finished the game at level 78 so I'm not grinding to get to that. The main side quest they added it's recommended you be at level 99. So instead I unlocked 6 or 7 trophies that I hadn't unlocked yet.
Old 02-09-19, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

I started playing this yesterday. I'm close to three hours in and I'm enjoying it, but I'm finding it pretty easy on normal. I may have to increase the difficulty. I found South Park Stick of Truth to be more challenging so far. Of course, those are two different battle systems too.
Old 08-05-19, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Just started this over the weekend (with games, I've pretty much reached the point where I don't buy any "story" games until after all of the DLC has come out). For people talking about the (lack of) difficulty, man you weren't kidding. Started on normal (which I almost always do) ... bumped it to hard when I realized I could win every battle literally with my eyes closed. Still seems really easy, but I'll give it another chapter (I just started chapter 3) before going to expert. I'm fine with a level of difficulty that doesn't require grinding and micro-managing every random encounter (but I'd like to feel a level of threat when at least facing bosses). From what I can tell, there are no trophies I miss out on by not starting the game at the higher difficulty, right?
Old 08-05-19, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

The difficulty does not affect the trophies but the Royal Mint trophy is something to keep in mind for the Platinum and avoiding needless grinding.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...-road-map.html

Only click on the link if you are interested in Platinum this game.
Old 08-16-19, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Just finished the main story tonight. "Hard" wasn't particularly hard, but bosses and tainted monsters were still a challenge with me doing things at the recommended levels.

Do you really have to be level 99 and 120 respectively to tackle the DLC? I finished with everyone around level 63 ... there's no way I'm grinding all the way up to level 99. Even though I bought all the DLC (at a discounted price) it doesn't sound particularly appealing (lots of dungeon crawling and monster fighting).