Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Man of Steel 2 - News, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Man of Steel 2 - News, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-15, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts
re: Man of Steel 2 - News, rumors, etc.

Well, I'm no expert, I just hope the sequel, and BVS, features just as much urban destruction as the last movie.
Old 08-28-15, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
I hope this rumor turns out false and WB is planning another Super-Man movie. I really liked how Man of Steel moved away from the comic book roots of the character in spirit, tone, and characterization.
Then why even call him "Superman" at all at that point? Might as well have done Jon Peters' version.
Old 08-28-15, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really liked how Man of Steel moved away from the comic book roots of the character in spirit, tone, and characterization.
Truly the Superman we deserve, if not the one we need.
Old 08-28-15, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Kal-El
Then why even call him "Superman" at all at that point?
So he can fight Batman and kick off the Justice League franchise.
Old 08-29-15, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So he can fight Batman and kick off the Justice League franchise.
Which should be the goal of any Superman film.
Old 08-31-15, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Then why even call him "Superman" at all at that point? Might as well have done Jon Peters' version.
I wonder what he really wanted in a Superman that was totally divorced from the comics in spirit, tone and characterization? Surely that didn't work so well for FF, and I'd think people go to see a Superman movie because of who the character is to them (even if that's radically changed over the years).

Of course, DC is currently putting out a Superman in comic form that seems even more radically divorced from previous comics, so maybe that is what people want.
Old 08-31-15, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I think part of the lack of pure success is the fact that the last two films have just been retreads. Returns was a pseudo sequel to the Reeve's flicks with a re-hased Lex Luthor land grab plot. Then MoS went back to the Zod and origin well.

WB needs to give us something original. Changing his suit, tone, character, etc. doesn't matter when they're regurgitating what we've already gotten.
Old 10-02-15, 05:23 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Miller says he isn't doing it: http://beta.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/...ve-any-stunts/
Old 10-02-15, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

He's not doing it because it ain't happening. You don't need a director for a movie that isn't getting made.
Old 10-02-15, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

He's not doing it because it ain't happening. You don't need a director for a movie that isn't getting made.
I'm waiting for BvS to do half of what Warners expects and see them re-think the whole superhero plan, the way Sony had to do with Spider-Man.
Old 10-02-15, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

^ This.
Old 10-02-15, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I'm sure Batman V Superman will do decent. Who knows what kinds of numbers Warner expects it to do but I can't really see it underperforming unless they have something totally unrealistic in mind for how they expect it to do at the box office. The questionable films are the ones that follow it in my opinion. I bet Suicide Squad won't do big numbers.
Old 04-05-16, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/04/05/z...still-planned/

Zack Snyder Confirms Standalone Superman Movies Still Planned

In an interview with IGN, Director Zack Snyder expressed interest in dipping back into the Superman solo universe.

"I think if we could get a good script it'd be great to have a standalone Superman movie. I think that would be fun to do."

For Superman actor Henry Cavill, he's also game to do it but understands how much Warner Bros. currently has on their plate.

"I do believe it depends upon the success of this movie. If this goes well, then we can start negotiating with Warner Bros. to develop a standalone Superman, but they've got their plans set out for other stuff and Justice Leagues and various other movies, so it's about finding the time really. It's something I'd be very keen to do.

Snyder confirmed that Batman V Superman is the launch pad for so many new parts of the DC Cinematic Universe, that it has become the main focus of the studio, and will be for some time.

"Part of the reason we haven't announced the stand alone Superman movie at this time was to support some of the events of this film."

Still, I'd love to see a true Man of Steel 2 at some point, as the character has a great deal of history that has yet to make it on screen.
Old 04-05-16, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I'd like to see Supes in a sequel that's much more in line with the Superman we all want. Given the events of BvS, there's no better opportunity. It's like a built in reset waiting to happen.
Old 04-05-16, 05:33 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Please. No. Stop.
Old 04-05-16, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I know they wanted to rush the JL movie out, but they should have made this movie first. Make some of Darkseid's underlings come to earth to start the invasion. Like Kaliback or Granny Goodness. Then, end this movie off with Darkseid coming to earth, then begin the JL movie that way.
Old 04-05-16, 06:13 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How about they make a standalone Superman movie (that's still part of the DCU) without Snyder as the director?
Old 04-05-16, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Originally Posted by Deftones
I know they wanted to rush the JL movie out, but they should have made this movie first. Make some of Darkseid's underlings come to earth to start the invasion. Like Kaliback or Granny Goodness. Then, end this movie off with Darkseid coming to earth, then begin the JL movie that way.
Come on, now. You know they don't have the time or patience enough to actually set up a story arc properly.
Old 04-05-16, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
How about they make a standalone Superman movie (that's still part of the DCU) without Snyder as the director?
Because it's Warners, it's a comic book franchise, and they're going to let the guy they handed the franchise to to ass-rape it to death.
Old 04-05-16, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Superman is dead through the entire film and the rest of the cast wanders around asking "Where's Superman?"

Also, Luthor gets another haircut.
Old 04-05-16, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I know a lot of folks here have a problem with "Dark" Superman that Henry Cavill is portraying. Aside from the 1st movie being excessively loud with shit blowing up and buildings falling down, I thought he did a more than adequate job with this new take on the character.

I'd rather see more movies with him than this abomination that almost happened:

How many more movies is Cavill contracted for? The 2 Justice league movies and that's it? With the current scheduling that WB has set for their DC Universe, when would they have time to write and shoot a solo Superman movie? The last DC movie tentatively scheduled is Green Lantern in 2020. So we would have to wait 5 more years potentially?

Last edited by DJariya; 04-05-16 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-05-16, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man of Steel 2 isn't happening anytime soon. WB has this so far on the backburner. I think the best they can hope for is to have Henry play second fiddle to Ben in the JL movies and then reboot Superman again in about 10 years.
Old 04-06-16, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There will be no sequel to MOS. The next standalone Superman film we'll see is the next reboot of the character. Snyder doesn't know or care about him. WB has Batman's dick so far down their throats, so don't expect those guys to initiate it any time soon. BvS is basically a flop relative to what they were expecting.

Suicide Squad ain't gonna make GOTG numbers. Which means Justice League will be squeezed into one film. Half of which will be with
Spoiler:
Superman dead.
. And let's remember they placed this a week(?) before Episode VII? Good luck with that.

Everyone will have forgotten Gal Gadot by the time WW comes out next year. Which means DC will be begging Batfleck to make his Batman Trilogy ASAP.
Old 04-06-16, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

And let's remember they placed this a week(?) before Episode VII? Good luck with that.
It's only a matter of time before it gets delayed. Considering how long it took them to get BvS on the screen, I don't see how they make that date.
Old 04-06-16, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Everyone will have forgotten Gal Gadot by the time WW comes out next year. Which means DC will be begging Batfleck to make his Batman Trilogy ASAP.
I kind of agree about the Wonder Woman solo film. As much as I liked her in Batman V Superman I think it would have been smarter to have had her film come out later this year rather than doing Suicide Squad first. Batman V Superman while not a great film would have been a good launching off point to jump into her film next rather than waiting for a year.

I truly don't understand the reasoning behind doing Suicide Squad so early on before establishing other main characters that are supposed to appear in the Justice League. We saw what happened with Batman V Superman trying to introduce a bunch of new characters at a time so I imagine Justice League will suffer similar issues.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.