Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Ori and the Blind Forest (PC and Xbox One; 360 coming soon)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Ori and the Blind Forest (PC and Xbox One; 360 coming soon)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-16, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Ori and the Blind Forest (PC and Xbox One; 360 coming soon)

Originally Posted by The Questyen
Nope your save doesn't transfer over. Stuff is unlocked in the definitive edition differently then in the old version so it's considered a completely separate game.
Gotcha. Thanks for the help! It's a pretty great game so far so I'll probably finish the regular edition and circle back to the DE in a couple of months.
Old 06-21-16, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Just wrapped this one up. What a great game! Aside from being oddly difficult at times it was pretty much perfect.
Old 05-22-17, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Free Definitive Edition Upgrade (normally $5) if you already own the Regular version. Good for 2 days only

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...K3jeJn7EufDg)()
Old 05-22-17, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Whatever happened to that 360 edition?
Old 06-14-17, 11:10 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

So, in addition to the announcement of Ori and the Will of the Wisps:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2kPSl2vyu2Y?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ori DLC coming to some game called Rivals of Aether:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UvGtlx8nMsI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks awesome. I hadn't heard of the RoA game before. Available on Steam and Xbox One:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cFCf6Vurbq8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-03-21, 06:18 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Just a quick question with this game...when you’re stuck and have no idea what to do or where to go, what do you do?

I know there’s a map, but I don’t know, from it, where to go or what to do. Love the game, but it can get frustrating as hell.

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-04-21, 10:32 AM

^ can anyone help on the above? thanks in advance. i guess i'm in the beginning and trying to find the Ginso tree, maybe? i don't see or understand it on the map. And is the objective marker, the big blue glowing circle on map?

Last edited by OldBoy; 01-04-21 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-05-21, 06:46 PM

Well, I found the Ginso tree. Currently in it now. I love the exploring and the different powers and abilities to unlock. This is definitely one of the most fascinating, addicting and frustrating games I’ve ever played. But, the frustration is definitely not out of hatred. Just the so close and nearly getting it kind that gnaws at you until you finally do, feel that relief and save via soul link, but definitely keeps you gripped and wanting to play more and explore and find all. Though Quest’s remarks about not getting a map too early on in Will of the Wisps has me a little worried. But, I think I have a long way to go before tackling that. And even though I just found the Ginso tree, which is probably still early stages, I think it said I’ve died nearly 400 times. I can’t imagine what that number will be when I finish.
Old 01-06-21, 11:54 AM

And how in god’s name is it remotely possible to finish this game without dying once? I can’t even comprehend someone, even a master player accomplishing that...
Old 01-06-21, 12:47 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

Answer: git good.
Old 01-06-21, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 555 Likes on 406 Posts

And just to clarify I didn't say in the sequel you don't have the map early on. I meant it takes too long to access your map.
Old 01-06-21, 07:19 PM

Access, meaning button presses to get to map? Not just the one select button like for Blind Forest?
Old 01-08-21, 06:46 PM

This game is at the same time exhilarating, heartbreaking and god damn frustrating. Some areas are just so hard. I literally have to stop because my hands ache and start shaking. I’m still in Ginso tree, making my way up, but it’s so tough and I can barely make a soul link when I want to, so I have to go back down a couple levels and start over and over and over again. I just got bash ability and think I figured out how to use, but there’s a point where there are all these stone fragments that I have to bash in midair and get them all and make it over thorny area. Just so damn frustrating. But I shut it off, come back the next day and somehow creep closer to finishing section. I just keep dying over and over. Never was I more into a game that I completely sucked at. And I’m playing on normal. I just wish I could play longer, but it literally pains my hands. The mental frustration I can deal with, it’s the physical that is the drawback...
Old 01-09-21, 04:31 PM

whoever invented this game is a complete sadist. i finally finished the Ginso tree (fucking bashing enemy projectiles so intricately that they go through the warp or worm holes and then bashing Ori ahead of said projectiles so i can divert them just so to bash a tree or something, ugh!), making it to the top, or so i thought.

then this water starts gushing up and i have to bash my way to top zig zagging and what not. i gave up because my hands couldn't take it. holy shit so fun and so exhausting at the same time.

are all the main levels when you finish like this? wow! total mad genius the people that created this and Will of the Wisps games. g-damn. fucking tough, but exhilarating.
Old 01-12-21, 11:40 AM

so i finally made it up the Ginso tree by like a hair on my chin. reminded me of the last thing you have to do in the original Metroid game on Nintendo after you kill Mother Brain.

so can anyone give me a recommendation on which ability string i should go for?

i know there are three and they are very distinct, but is one better to build upon than the other two? i've so far upgraded the basics on all 3 branches and now have 2 ability points and most cost 2 now, so wondering where i should use them so it would make the biggest difference.

thanks.
Old 01-18-24, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts

Late to the party but I played through this over the last week or so. I've been on a huge metroidvania kick lately and wanted something quicker to play between Last Faith and Price of Persia. Very fun game but I prefer games in the genre to be more combat focused. Super inventive to have the "boss fights" be tough platforming sections. And, of course, the game is beautiful. I bought both on sale on Switch for under $10 each. Definitely plan on diving into the sequel once I complete PoP.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (01-18-24)