Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-15, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 422 Likes on 305 Posts
Re: Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

I just watched an Ice Sculpture Christmas and thought it was really good. A Christmas Detour and Crown for Christmas are already on dvd at Walmart.
Old 12-02-15, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

These type of movies used to take years to hit DVD. Now Walmart practically carries them on DVD the week they air.
Old 12-02-15, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought Matchmaker Santa was very cute and light. Santa uses his magical powers to fulfill a little girl's wish that she eventually finds true love. It does help that the little girl grows up to be Lacey Chabert, but it's a well-done Christmas movie.
Old 12-05-15, 08:53 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I just watched an Ice Sculpture Christmas and thought it was really good.
I liked it too. It's not much of a Christmas movie. But the two leads are both very charming.
Old 12-05-15, 09:05 PM

Saturday night's new movie is Just in Time for Christmas starring Eloise Mumford, Michael Stahl-David, William Shatner and Christopher Lloyd. It'll replay on Sunday at 2pm, Tuesday at 6pm and Thursday at 8pm.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/just-...-for-christmas

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6tyKF9C2Hy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lindsay has to make a tough decision: stay in her small hometown and marry longtime beau Jason, or accept a once-in-a-lifetime job teaching at an Ivy League college thousands of miles away. Fortunately, a magical messenger gives her a priceless Christmastime gift: Lindsay is instantly transported three years into the future, so she’ll be able to make the decision today that will be best for her future.
I'm looking forward to this. It's going to be part of the Hallmark Hall Of Fame collection. So it should be better than their average Christmas movies.
Old 12-06-15, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not Hallmark, but caught A Gift Wrapped Christmas on Lifetime and enjoyed it quite a bit. You'll recognize Lucy from 7th Heaven as the married sister. Kid was cute.
Old 12-06-15, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,015 Likes on 627 Posts

Watched Tis the Season for Love last night. Pretty by-the-numbers, even for this kind of movie. Still, Sarah Lancaster is my dream girl so it was worth my time.

The actress who played her roommate in NY looked almost like she could be Sarah's twin sister.
Old 12-06-15, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I watched Merry Kissmas on ION. A pretty solid Christmas tale of romance though the story didn't really have a huge holiday connection.

I also caught Katrina Law's new one, 12 Gifts of Christmas. I liked it a lot more than the one with Law from a couple of years ago.
Old 12-06-15, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just finished I'm Not Ready for Christmas, with Alicia Witt. Not great, but not bad. The core story is pretty much the same as usual with these, but the 'truth-telling' magic put a fun spin on it, even if it is shamelessly ripping off that Jim Carrey movie. The male lead was even more bland than usual, though he looks a lot like Anthony C. Hall from Dexter.
Old 12-06-15, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thumbs up for ice sculptor christmas, vefy cute..
Old 12-06-15, 08:16 PM

Sunday night's new movie is Karen Kingsbury’s The Bridge starring Wyatt Nash, Katie Findlay, Faith Ford and Ted McGinley. It'll replay Saturday at 9pm and next Sunday at 11am.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/karen...rys-the-bridge

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5-TxMUkSfI4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Molly and Ryan share a profound friendship their first semester in college. At their favorite bookstore and coffee shop, The Bridge, they spend countless hours studying and inspiring the other to dream. But can Molly and Ryan’s unspoken love survive the expectations of others as to what their lives should ultimately be? Stars Wyatt Nash, Katie Findlay, Faith Ford and Ted McGinley. Based on #1 New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury’s “The Bridge: A Novel.”
It'll be interesting to see Faith Ford and Ted McGinley together again.
Old 12-06-15, 09:03 PM

On the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel, tonight's new movie is Magic Stocking starring Bridget Regan and Victor Webster. It'll replay Monday at 11am and Thursday at 7pm.

http://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysterie...magic-stocking

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hfBLncKEF0E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lindsey, a single mom with an adorable daughter, is closed off to life after losing her husband a few years back. When she buys a stocking at her town’s Christmas craft fair, the family begins “magically” finding items in the stocking that they learn have importance in their lives.
Old 12-07-15, 03:07 PM

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I watched Merry Kissmas on ION. A pretty solid Christmas tale of romance though the story didn't really have a huge holiday connection.

I also caught Katrina Law's new one, 12 Gifts of Christmas. I liked it a lot more than the one with Law from a couple of years ago.
Gah! A Christmas film I missed...will have to try and add Merry Kissmas to my Tivo queue (assumming that ION repeats their films like Hallmark and Lifetime do).

So many holiday films, between Lifetime, UP, Hallmark, and now ION...I am spending all my time catching up on films (a few more to go and I am just about ready for the new onslaught of films this weekend). A good problem to have...needing to get caught up on feel good films.
Old 12-07-15, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Watched Finding Christmas, with Tricia Helfer. This one had two different couples falling in love--a country boy with a city girl, and a city boy with a country girl. One of the characters is played by an IRL country singer--he sang a rendition of Joy to the World that was pretty good. Helfer is gorgeous, as always, and the city girl was very cute.
Old 12-07-15, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just finished Naughty or Nice, with Hilarie Burton as a down-on-her-luck woman who accidentally obtains Santa's fabled list of who's been naughty or nice, and uses it to her benefit.

This is one of the better Hallmark Christmas movies I've seen this year. Hilarie Burton is great--she's got a lot of on-screen charisma and she's a better actor than many of the usual suspects in these movies. The plot is fun, and for a change of pace the romance isn't the major point of the story. Michael Gross and Meredith Baxter (the Family Ties parents) play her mom and dad.
Old 12-07-15, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
Gah! A Christmas film I missed...will have to try and add Merry Kissmas to my Tivo queue (assumming that ION repeats their films like Hallmark and Lifetime do).

So many holiday films, between Lifetime, UP, Hallmark, and now ION...I am spending all my time catching up on films (a few more to go and I am just about ready for the new onslaught of films this weekend). A good problem to have...needing to get caught up on feel good films.
Tell me about, my poor DVR can barely keep up with the mass proliferation of television Christmas movies.

That 12 Gifts of Christmas movie had a great, great script by the standards of these holiday movies.

I came across a new one with Hilarie Burton managing a reindeer farm or something. I've always liked her in prior Christmas movies but I guess she went with her natural dark brunette hair color in the film. I barely recognized her for a couple of minutes. I wasn't a big fan of that decision.
Old 12-08-15, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Once Upon A Holiday is a cute one. A royal princess visiting New York City runs away from her obligations and meets a kind man that helps her remember what Christmas is all about.

It wasn't the cast's fault but I was bored stiff by Christmas Incorporated. I actually gave up on it halfway through the movie, which I almost never do.
Old 12-08-15, 01:47 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Caught Snow Bride from 2013 with Katrina Law who I liked in 12 Gifts. She was still winning, but not as good as 12 gifts...
Old 12-08-15, 04:12 PM

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Once Upon A Holiday is a cute one. A royal princess visiting New York City runs away from her obligations and meets a kind man that helps her remember what Christmas is all about.

It wasn't the cast's fault but I was bored stiff by Christmas Incorporated. I actually gave up on it halfway through the movie, which I almost never do.
Yeah...Christmas Incorporated was only okay. I was really dissapointed by Beverly Hills Christmas on UP (watched last night)...it was background filler at best while I fiddled on my tablet. On the other hand, I am not sure if this film was also on UP or Lifetime, but The Christmas Note with Jamie Lyne Sigler turned out to be a real winner.

That Hallmark film Karen Kingsbury's The Bridge was good (also watched last night), but also turned out to be a cock tease...making us wait until Christmas countdown 2016 for the conclusion to the story!
Old 12-08-15, 07:04 PM

The Lifetime Channel movies are all available on the Lifetime app. They're free (with commercials) and require a TV provider. You can also buy them at Vudu for $4.99 each (HDX).

Here's a list of the 2015 Lifetime movies:

http://zap2it.com/2015/10/lifetimes-...-mayim-bialik/
Old 12-08-15, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This is an absolutely fantastic Christmas movie. Magic Stocking is the best new one I've seen this holiday season. Continuum fans should look for a familiar face. Magic Stocking has an adorable puppy, the right amount of Christmas magic and a very tender story that wraps up very nicely in the end. The only poor thing about it is its generic name.

It also reminds me that in a fair world Bridget Regan would be a big movie star. She was born about fifty years too late.

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
On the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel, tonight's new movie is Magic Stocking starring Bridget Regan and Victor Webster. It'll replay Monday at 11am and Thursday at 7pm.

http://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysterie...magic-stocking

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hfBLncKEF0E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-10-15, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 422 Likes on 305 Posts

I watched that one last Saturday and had a hard time getting into it. Might have to watch it again if its rerun. I liked A Prince for Christmas out of the new movies. I found the schedule for the rest of these movies on Ion.
http://www.iontelevision.com/holiday-movies
Old 12-12-15, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

About halfway through I realized I had previously seen Window Wonderland. Most will recognize the female lead as Supergirl's sister on CBS. More of an interesting story about two competing window designers than a true Christmas tale, I still enjoyed it.

I don't know the name of the male lead actor but he literally has made a career out of these Hallmark Christmas movies. I must have seen him in five or six of them. He plays a good everyman.
Old 12-13-15, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I really enjoyed On The Twelfth Day of Christmas. The lead couple have fantastic chemistry together in it and the story is very well written. I recognized the lead actress from Breakout Kings, how I wish that show hadn't been canceled. She deserves better roles than one-time guest shots on network episodes.
Old 12-13-15, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Today I watched Help for the Holidays, starring Summer Glau as an elf sent by Santa to help a family remember the spirit of Christmas. It came out in 2012.

I liked it. Summer Glau is charming and perfectly cast as a pointy-eared elf. The kids were pretty good--not annoying at all. The guy who played Santa was really good--he gave Santa a bit more 'character' than usual.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.