*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Old 06-23-15, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Originally Posted by flashburn
It looks like I can at least start VoG myself, not sure if that's indicative on whether or not I can do it on a fireteam though.
yep, you are good
if we run it tonight just find something else to do (make a sandwich, read a book, take a nap) while we carry you
Old 06-23-15, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't know who this mewmartigan character is but he was only a level 23 a month or so ago and the Daggers dragged him through his first VoG run. Heck, he only did his first nightfall two weeks ago and since then he apparently feels its okay to walk out mid-run and just let his hunter "vanish". An active level 23 is probably more help to the group than a stationary 34

On a better note, the baby has been sleeping better the past 2 days so maybe when I log on tonight, I can stay on.
Old 06-23-15, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by musick
yep, you are good
if we run it tonight just find something else to do (make a sandwich, read a book, take a nap) while we carry you
Okay, sounds like a plan!
Old 06-23-15, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

yep, you are good
I'll help as well. We should get a class item that looks like a back support belt for all of the carrying that we do. Scott's should probably be made out of 24ct. Gold.
Old 06-23-15, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Obey The D
I'll help as well. We should get a class item that looks like a back support belt for all of the carrying that we do. Scott's should probably be made out of 24ct. Gold.
Mine should be a trophy of a dude in a back brace, wielding crota's sword in one hand and a disconnected ethernet cord in the other.

I had to LFG one of my Crota runs last night after trying in vain to solo Crota on normal. I did get all the way to Crota by myself, which is a new milestone for me.

Anyway, I got in a group doing crota on hard that needed a swordbearer. They asked which method we'd be using, and then asked what we do about the ogres. I said "as long as you guys do your job, we won't be seeing any ogres."

After a little bit of skepticism on their part, I went up and whacked Crota 7 times on the first sword, and listened as they looked at Crota's health in amazement. "I've never seen his health down that low in one sword before!" So I said "As long as you know what you're doing and a 34, it's now a piece of cake."

Crota went down in two swords. No wipes. Two of the guys asked if they could friend me.

Also, I just noticed that if you preorder the Taken King collector's Edition on the PSN store, you do get Destiny, and the first two expansions immediately. So you do get to start playing right away. This is the $80 set they're selling BTW.
Old 06-23-15, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Daggers had quite a good night, and for once, it's not my story to tell.

It's killer's night...that's all I will say.
Old 06-24-15, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TheKing
The Daggers had quite a good night, and for once, it's not my story to tell.

It's killer's night...that's all I will say.
Started out running NFs with Scott and Ice. Got an etheric light on the first run, so I was happy. The next two runs were nothing to write home about.

We ran both of my brothers through VOG on hard next, and my only reward was a Plan C (I was asking for it with my comments on Monday).

Scott then suggests we should do Crota on normal since neither of my brothers had run Crota yet. We get to IY, take her down, clear out everyone, and then....BOOM! On my TV pops the Ghorn. I was in disbelief. We ran it again on HM, and right after I spent the next 90 minutes unlocking WP rounds.

A big thanks to everyone that's ran countless Nightfalls and Raids with me trying to help me get one to drop (you know who you are).

I know people have their opinions regarding this game, but that one moment was probably one of my favorites ever in a game.

Special thanks to Cruz, Ice and Scott. Having you guys in there when it dropped made the moment even better. Also, thanks to my brothers. If having you two in our group was all it took, why did you both wait till June to grab a PS4? You Bastards!
Old 06-24-15, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

congrats again
I could sense the frustration was setting in with each passing week

glad you got that monkey off your back tonight .... it was a blast (no pun intended) to see happen
Old 06-24-15, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Started out running NFs with Scott and Ice. Got an etheric light on the first run, so I was happy. The next two runs were nothing to write home about.

We ran both of my brothers through VOG on hard next, and my only reward was a Plan C (I was asking for it with my comments on Monday).

Scott then suggests we should do Crota on normal since neither of my brothers had run Crota yet. We get to IY, take her down, clear out everyone, and then....BOOM! On my TV pops the Ghorn. I was in disbelief. We ran it again on HM, and right after I spent the next 90 minutes unlocking WP rounds.

A big thanks to everyone that's ran countless Nightfalls and Raids with me trying to help me get one to drop (you know who you are).

I know people have their opinions regarding this game, but that one moment was probably one of my favorites ever in a game.

Special thanks to Cruz, Ice and Scott. Having you guys in there when it dropped made the moment even better. Also, thanks to my brothers. If having you two in our group was all it took, why did you both wait till June to grab a PS4? You Bastards!
As I said, it was killer's night!

When I got my first GHorn back in February, I said it was one of my greatest moments in gaming, right up there with beating Mike Tyson. So I totally get what you're feeling there. You had to wait a little longer, so it was a little sweeter for you.

And I also had said the one thing that would have made getting the GHorn better would have been to do it with the daggers. Ice and I didn't get that, but being there for yours was awesome. Made even more awesome by the fact that we were with your brothers too.

You got Plan G!
Old 06-24-15, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats killer! glad you finally got your white whale. Sorry I wasn't there to see it.

I hate to think what would have happened if it dropped for one of your brothers instead.

It seems there are a lot of "I've never had XXXX gun drop before and now I've gotten 2 in the past 3 weeks" so maybe you are at the beginning of a GHorn binge, haha.

I guess you didn't still have all 30 bounties saved up to spend on it?
Old 06-24-15, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats killer, I know you've been busting your ass trying to get that thing for awhile now.

I really do need to hop on and at least knock out a nightfall every once in a while if I ever expect one to drop for myself. I would be happy with that and a Fatebringer.
Old 06-24-15, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Geez, what took you so long? . Seriously though, congrats Killer!! Now go blow some shit up!
Old 06-24-15, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Didn't get a chance to join with any of you last night. Was only on for a bit, been fighting a sinus infection. I might try to get on again tonight around 7.
Old 06-24-15, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by flashburn
Didn't get a chance to join with any of you last night. Was only on for a bit, been fighting a sinus infection. I might try to get on again tonight around 7.
yeah, I was going to say, we are good but we are not that good
you actually need to be signed in to the game for us to carry you

anyhow most of us usually congregate around 9:00 CT (sometimes a bit earlier, sometimes a bit later)

some of us already discussed running PoE together tonight but if enough people are on we might be able to squeeze in a VoG run for you (and if not today possibly another day this week)

ps. sinus infections suck
Old 06-24-15, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ah okay, yeah, 9PM CST is too late for me on most weekdays. Perhaps on the weekend sometime. Regardless, if you see me on and playing Destiny, toss me an invite.
Old 06-24-15, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh shit! Grats Killer!

I just sharded my first...didn't want to say anything.
Old 06-24-15, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Congrats! Unfortunately I doubt I'll ever get one. I have almost 200 hours in this game and I haven't received a single exotic heavy weapon. I received my first bounty for one though yesterday...Super Shitty Advice!

killer, this was your response to my 1st Gjallarhorn.

4 months and 13 days ago...
Old 06-24-15, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^ now we just have to get you that Horseman (sorry for taking it last night )
Old 06-24-15, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ now we just have to get you that Horseman (sorry for taking it last night )
killer gets his GHorn, you get my 4th Horseman, and I got a Monte Carlo.

That really would have been an epic Daggers moment had you and I swapped Exotics there.
Old 06-24-15, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

why?!! what would have been in it for me??!!!
Old 06-24-15, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats killer!

I hope I catch my white whales soon: Hawkmoon and 4th Horseman
Old 06-24-15, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

At least you guys have multiple chances at your white whales. Atheon hard mode is the only place for mine - The Vex Mythoclast. (Sure I have yet to catch a Vision of Confluence or the Praetorian Foil and The Swordbreaker and Light of the AByss - but the sexy vexy is the one I want)
Old 06-24-15, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

why?!! what would have been in it for me??!!!
Ummm seeing your two closest Destiny buds get their most wanted items at the same time?

You just need a couple of elder ciphers and you got it all!
Old 06-24-15, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing
Ummm seeing your two closest Destiny buds get their most wanted items at the same time?

You just need a couple of elder ciphers and you got it all!
yeah except instead I'm now running Dragon strikes to get a pulse rifle (Hopscotch Pilgrim) because I heard/saw it can be a 2 burst beast in PvP (same impact as Red Death but more range and double the stability)
Old 06-24-15, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks everyone for the congrats! I also forgot to mention that it dropped for my warlock that I started after I deleted my hunter last month. I always hated that guy.

yeah except instead I'm now running Dragon strikes to get a pulse rifle (Hopscotch Pilgrim) because I heard/saw it can be a 2 burst beast in PvP (same impact as Red Death but more range and double the stability)
I'm game for grinding some strikes later on. I've heard good things about that rifle as well. I wanted to run 35 PoE this week now that I'm properly equipped...until I saw Lightswitch. Fuck that!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.