Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Transformers: The Last Knight (2017, Bay) - News, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Transformers: The Last Knight (2017, Bay) - News, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-15, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts
Re: Transformers 5 - News, rumors, etc.

Mark Wahlberg Confirms He Will Return for Transformers 5
BY SPENCER PERRY ON DECEMBER 14, 2015

Mark Wahlberg will return for Transformers 5

Almost one year ago, actor Mark Wahlberg was pretty sure that he would return for a Transformers 5, and though some progress has been made on the next entry in the franchise, Wahlberg hasn’t spoken about returning again, until now. In an interview with CinePop, Wahlberg confirmed once again that he’ll be back for the film.

In the fourth film, “Age of Extinction,” Wahlberg played Cade Yeager, a Texas inventor and mechanic who was also very protective of his daughter, Nicola Peltz’s Tessa Yeager. Transformers: Age of Extinction grossed over $1.1 billion at the global box office, bringing all four films combined to a total gross over $3.7 billion.

Transformers 5 is set to be written by Iron Man scribes Art Marcum & Matt Holloway and Ken Nolan (Black Hawk Down). Director Michael Bay hasn’t not been officially confirmed to return, though Bay remains in contention to return to the helm of the franchise.

In addition, Ant-Man scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari will script an animated “origin story” film that will be set on the Transformers’ homeworld of Cybertron. Both films came from the newly formed “Transformers writers room,” which includes the likes of “The Walking Dead” and “Invincible” creator Robert Kirkman, “Fringe” and “Lost” scribe Jeff Pinkner, X-Men: The Last Stand and The Incredible Hulk‘s Zak Penn, “Black List” scribes Geneva Robertson-Dworetrepeat, and “Marvel’s Daredevil” season one showrunner Steven DeKnight.
Old 12-14-15, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ugh.
Old 12-14-15, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yes!!!
Old 12-14-15, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

I'm tired of the franchise, but I did like Wahlberg's character. I have no problem with him.
Old 12-14-15, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,068 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Parts 5-8

So get ready for possibly 10-12 more years of this franchise.
The last Transformers movie felt like 10-12 years by itself!
Old 12-14-15, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I tried to watch Age of Extinction on Netflix and couldn't get through it. I've been meaning to give it another shot sometime.
Old 01-04-16, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

Michael Bay to Return for ‘Transformers 5’
JANUARY 4, 2016 | 03:36PM PT
Justin Kroll
Film Reporter
@krolljvar

Michael Bay has confirmed that he will return to direct the fifth installment in the “Transformers” franchise for Paramount.

Bay broke the news to Rolling Stone, after months of speculation, while promoting his new war movie “13 Hours.”

Mark Wahlberg, who appeared in the last installment, is expected to return and Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing.

Bay directed “Transformers: Age of Extinction,” the fourth in the series and the first one without Shia Labeouf, in addition to its three predecessors. “Age of Extinction” also starred Jack Reynor and Nicola Peltz and, despite losing Labeouf, grossed more than $1 billion worldwide.

Details behind the next movie are under wraps, but sources say Wahlberg is the only cast member from “Age of Extinction” expected to reprise his role.

This past spring, Paramount announced it would be assembling a writers’ room to build its new “Transformers” universe that would include spinoff pics along with new installments in the franchise. The room was overseen by Akiva Goldsman with the studio recently tapping Art Marcum and Matt Holloway (“Iron Man”) along with Ken Nolan (“Black Hawk Down”) to write the script.

Bay is repped by WME. His “13 Hours” bows on Jan. 15.
Old 01-04-16, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,068 Posts

I've been a defender of Bay in the past but he needs to step away from the Transformers franchise and let another action director take over. I think Bay's inability to reign in his last few films has done more damage than good. Please Mike, just make this one less then 2 hours and you'll already be ahead.
Old 01-04-16, 06:39 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

He is a bit bloated...
Old 01-06-16, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

The whole Transformers franchise is a bit bloated. I was open to the idea of a Transformers movie, but honestly each one has been a mess.
Old 01-06-16, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
The whole Transformers franchise is a bit bloated. I was open to the idea of a Transformers movie, but honestly each one has been a mess.
Given the billions of dollars each one makes, it's apparently not a quandary for most viewers.
Old 01-06-16, 08:58 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not a bit bloated. It's bloated like a fat fuck.
Old 02-12-16, 09:10 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Paramount has set release dates for three more “Transformers” movies for 2017, 2018 and 2019.

The studio announced Friday that “Transformers 5” would open on June 23, 2017 — the same date already selected by Warner Bros. for “Wonder Woman.”

“Transformers 6” has been set for June 8, 2018, which sets it to go against the “Godzilla 2” sequel from Warner Bros. and Legendary.

“Transformers 7” has been scheduled for June 28, 2019. It’s the first title to land on the date.

Michael Bay said in January that he would return to direct the fifth installment in the “Transformers” franchise for Paramount. Mark Wahlberg, who appeared in the last installment, is expected to return and Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing.

Bay has directed the four movies in the franchise, which have grossed a combined $3.7 billion worldwide and are based on Hasbro’s toy line. Shia LaBeouf starred in the first three films.

The first “Transformers” opened on July 3, 2007, and the next three films launched in late June. 2014’s “Transformers: Age of Extinction” grossed $245 million domestically and $858 million internationally.

Paramount announced last March that Bay and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura were bringing on Akiva Goldsman to help expand the “Transformers” cinematic universe. The studio then hired serveral prominent writers such as “The Walking Dead” creator Robert Kirkman and,“Iron Man 3” writers Art Marcum and Matt Holloway to join the writing team for the expanded universe.
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/tr...te-1201704657/
Old 02-12-16, 09:19 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
re: Transformers: The Last Knight (2017, Bay) - News, rumors, etc.

it's not an expanded cinematic universe unless they bring in some other shit like GI Joe or something, right? otherwise it's just a Transformers universe.
Old 02-12-16, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Odd to release it opposite Wonder Woman. Seems like something like Transformers is a natural fit in July and there's some wiggle room there.
Old 02-12-16, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Think of all the other bad Michael Bay movies and good James Cameron movies that we're missing out on because of those two's obsessions with Transformers and Avatar.
Old 02-12-16, 12:43 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Think of all the other bad Michael Bay movies and good James Cameron movies that we're missing out on because of those two's obsessions with Transformers and Avatar.
i'm ok as long as we get Bad Boys 3 and Titanic 2.
Old 02-12-16, 12:50 PM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Fuck
Old 02-12-16, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As a Michael Bay fan, I agree that he should pursue other movies. I'm burnt out with the Transformers movies.
Old 02-12-16, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
As a Michael Bay fan, I agree that he should pursue other movies. I'm burnt out with the Transformers movies.
Have you seen 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi? That just came out last month. That was a pretty solid Michael Bay movie. Lots of action. 24-ish kind of action.

I enjoy the Transformers series as Summer escapism entertainment. I know many here claim that the length of movies doesn't bother them, but seems like each Transformers movie is creeping closer to 3 hours. Age of Extinction was 2 hours and 44 minutes. That's way too bloated. It also makes it hard for theaters to get many showings in 1 day.
Old 02-12-16, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Have you seen 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi? That just came out last month. That was a pretty solid Michael Bay movie. Lots of action. 24-ish kind of action.
Haven't seen it yet, but definitely want to. My favorite movie is "The Rock", so I've generally supported Bay over the years, despite how much people hate him haha
Old 02-12-16, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Jesus. 3 more movies and a Bumblebee spin off?

Meanwhile GI Joe fans are like:

Old 02-14-16, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

I enjoy the Transformers series as Summer escapism entertainment. I know many here claim that the length of movies doesn't bother them, but seems like each Transformers movie is creeping closer to 3 hours. Age of Extinction was 2 hours and 44 minutes. That's way too bloated. It also makes it hard for theaters to get many showings in 1 day.
I haven't minded the movies either, but am definitely in the group that feels they are getting too long.
Old 04-14-16, 09:09 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Up-and-coming actress Isabela Moner is being eyed for a lead role opposite Mark Wahlberg in Paramount’s “Transformers 5,” an individual familiar with the project has told TheWrap.

Paramount did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Michael Bay is returning to direct the action-packed sequel, which boasts the involvement of executive producer Steven Spielberg as well as a litany of writers including Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman.

Moner is poised to play the young female lead of Izabella, a street-smart tomboy who grew up an orphan and was raised in foster care. She counts a small Transformer as her only friend… until she meets Wahlberg’s heroic inventor Cade Yeager.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto will produce “Transformers 5” with Hasbro, and Paramount will release the film on June 23, 2017. Production is slated to start this summer in Detroit.

There may be a hint of corporate synergy behind Moner’s expected casting, as the rising young actress is a Nickelodeon star whose credits include “100 Things to Do Before High School” and the animated series “Dora and Friends: Into the City!” She recently wrapped CBS Films’ comedy “Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life,” based on the series of books by James Patterson. The Cleveland native is also slated to star in a movie based on the TV show “Legends of the Hidden Temple” that was popular in the mid-’90s.
http://www.thewrap.com/transformers-...ole-exclusive/
Old 04-14-16, 10:08 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Isabela is going to play Izabella?

And what, is Nikola Peltz already too old for Bay?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.