Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Hulu -- News and Notable New additions

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-17, 09:06 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Re: Hulu Plus -- News and Notable New additions

Fuck. I'll never get to it. Fuck, really wanted to see that one...
Old 05-18-17, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Yep. It seems the article is only half right. I don't see House Hunters International, Flip or Flop, and Anthony Bourdain. Maybe they'll be added soon.

I wish one of these streaming services would get the old Samantha Brown shows. I'd love to see Great Hotels, Passport to Europe, Girl Meets Hawaii, Great Vacations, etc.
There is Anthony Bourdain, if you like his old show Cook's Tour (which is the only reason we have No Reservations today). But yeah, No Reservations isn't there at all. 5 seasons (60+ episodes) of Chopped, 4 Seasons (40+ episodes) of Cupcake Wars and Chopped Junior (1 season) was all I saw for actual Food Network stuff. There was Flip or Flop and House Hunters as well for HGTV, but unfortunately I don't really care for that.

Hrmmm, I need MUCH more Food Network content (and Travel channel too because I adore No Reservations). Come on guys, give me some Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives, Guy's Grocery Games, something, darn it. I'd kill for some Iron Chef, new or old.
Old 05-18-17, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Do eeeeeeet. 10 days, that's not even an episode a day. Trust me, it's worth the mind-trip and effort. It's unlike anything else in the Super-Hero TV universe. I mean, it's not my favorite, but I'd probably say top 3 or 4. (Flash, Daredevil, Arrow or Legion...)
Old 05-18-17, 09:34 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts
Re: Hulu Live TV streaming service to launch in 2017

Decided to go back to a standard Hulu sub. Watching Blackhat was alright, but watching it after it aired, the ad chunks were 260 seconds every time, and spread about 10 to 15 minutes apart. So... A ton of ads.
I played around with Live TV for a bit, but honestly, it's not of much use to me. Maybe for $25 or $30 per month...
Old 05-18-17, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm so frustrated with PSVue. It's become barely watchable with all the stuttering and pixelation. Time for a change.
Old 05-18-17, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Dan
Decided to go back to a standard Hulu sub. Watching Blackhat was alright, but watching it after it aired, the ad chunks were 260 seconds every time, and spread about 10 to 15 minutes apart. So... A ton of ads.
I played around with Live TV for a bit, but honestly, it's not of much use to me. Maybe for $25 or $30 per month...
Geezus, regular ad-ridden $7.99 Hulu...the most I've seen is around the 90 second area. 260...golly that's get up and make myself a drink and a sandwich.
Old 05-18-17, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

You really don't have time to watch 8 hours over 10 days?
Old 05-18-17, 11:28 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Geezus, regular ad-ridden $7.99 Hulu...the most I've seen is around the 90 second area. 260...golly that's get up and make myself a drink and a sandwich.
Yeah the weird thing is that regular hulu shows "ad 1 of X" usually 3 or 4 total. This shows a countdown timer instead with no indication as to how many ads you'll see exactly. I utilized that time to use the restroom, get a snack, etc.
Maybe it was so long because it's something that had just aired... But still... quite excessive.

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I'm so frustrated with PSVue. It's become barely watchable with all the stuttering and pixelation. Time for a change.
Had no issues like that with Hulu Live. It would drop the resolution down a few notches at times, but never stuttered or pixelized. Solid performance I would say.
Old 05-18-17, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
From what I read the Cloud DVR function for the standard subscription does not allow you to fast forward commercials. You have to pay a $15 upgrade charge for the enhanced DVR with FF capabilities and 250 hours of space.

The reviews said this would be an annoying aspect for those who like to DVR content and hate ads.

The intent of this is for those who like to watch live TV including cable shows and don't want to pay a lot. DVR people are kind of screwed unless you don't mind paying the premium charge.
Old 05-18-17, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
You really don't have time to watch 8 hours over 10 days?
I don't. I could make the time, but life gets in the way too much.
Old 05-18-17, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I was also frustrated with Vue until I bought a Fire box. It's like night and day and haven't had any more issues. The app just sucks for Roku.
Old 05-18-17, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 403 Posts

I resigned up for Vue solely for the NBA playoffs and I've had zero stuttering/pixelation issues and I've watched 20 or so games on it. I'm on Apple TV.
Old 05-19-17, 11:29 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

For those of you who have Hulu and pay for the Showtime add-on, how do you like it? How soon do episodes show up after they air?

I'm trying to decide between getting the add-on on Amazon or Hulu and can't really figure out which is "better."

I'm subscribed to both main services, just not the add-ons. Yet.
Old 05-19-17, 11:43 AM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
For those of you who have Hulu and pay for the Showtime add-on, how do you like it? How soon do episodes show up after they air?

I'm trying to decide between getting the add-on on Amazon or Hulu and can't really figure out which is "better."
Both services offer a Free Trial for the Showtime Add-on. Amazon is 1-Week and Hulu is 1-Month. Try them out and see which one you prefer.
Old 05-19-17, 11:59 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Both services offer a Free Trial for the Showtime Add-on. Amazon is 1-Week and Hulu is 1-Month. Try them out and see which one you prefer.
Sadly I already used up the hulu free trial of Showtime a year ago, and wasn't paying attention to these things. My wife just wanted to catch up on Shameless for a month.
I guess I'll try the Amazon trial, though. Too bad it's only a week.
Old 05-20-17, 07:16 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Do eeeeeeet. 10 days, that's not even an episode a day. Trust me, it's worth the mind-trip and effort. It's unlike anything else in the Super-Hero TV universe. I mean, it's not my favorite, but I'd probably say top 3 or 4. (Flash, Daredevil, Arrow or Legion...)
oh, i had to use credits and buy on Vudu. i never would have been able to finish by end of month and i saw the first half hour and was so captivated. g-damn is Rachel Keller cute. she reminds me of Michelle Monaghan and Gillian Jacobs who i both love. anyway, i really like Dan Stevens. his chemistry with Keller is electric and can't wait to see where this goes and how it fits in with X-Men universe...
Old 05-22-17, 08:31 AM

oh, i had to use credits and buy on Vudu. i never would have been able to finish by end of month and i saw the first half hour and was so captivated. g-damn is Rachel Keller cute. she reminds me of Michelle Monaghan and Gillian Jacobs who i both love. anyway, i really like Dan Stevens. his chemistry with Keller is electric and can't wait to see where this goes and how it fits in with X-Men universe...
Oh well at least you do like it a lot. As far as where it fits...I'd venture to say it probably doesn't....meaning don't expect any guest shots and if they introduce a character it probably won't be in any other movie or series. Just my thoughts and honestly probably for the best.
Old 05-26-17, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Another one bites the dust....decided to cancel before the free trail was up. I can't figure out why these live TV services make simply changing channels so difficult. After all that's what live TV surfers do most. But no, you have to go to a box of thumbnails and click on a program.

Oh well, every time I try one of these I'm reminded what a cesspool basic cable has become. Nothing but commercials, fake reality shows, and screen clutter. Why does anyone pay for this?
Old 05-31-17, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

I forgot to cancel Hulu during the time I had it paused so I have a month now.

When did they add 5.1 audio?
Wasn't it always 2.0?
Old 05-31-17, 09:45 PM

Hulu has added more HGTV, Food Network and Travel Channel content.

Food Network Star
Guy's Grocery Games
Holiday Baking Championship
Worst Cooks in America
Flip or Flop
House Hunters International
Booze Traveler
Old 06-01-17, 07:45 AM

Hulu has added more HGTV, Food Network and Travel Channel content.

Food Network Star
Guy's Grocery Games
Holiday Baking Championship
Worst Cooks in America
Flip or Flop
House Hunters International
Booze Traveler
Guy's Grocery Games, WOOT! I'm such a sucker for that show. Too bad it's only one season (13 or 14 episodes)...I'll run through that in a month no problem. Worst Cooks is two seasons but only 7 episodes a season. I hope it doesn't turn into another Storage Wars where they include one or maybe two seasons and are never heard from again. But Food Network content is always good.
Old 06-01-17, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by whotony
I forgot to cancel Hulu during the time I had it paused so I have a month now.

When did they add 5.1 audio?
Wasn't it always 2.0?
Are you sure you're getting 5.1? I can't get it and can't find anywhere that says Hulu has it.
Old 06-01-17, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

No My Denon tricked me. outputting dts neo but not from the source, Hulu.
Old 06-06-17, 04:59 AM

Hulu added more Food Network, HGTV & Travel Channel shows:

Cutthroat Kitchen
Good Eats
The Great Food Truck Race
Restaurant Impossible

Caribbean Life
Design on a Dime
Extreme Homes
Flea Market Flip
Love It or List It

Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern
Mysteries at the Museum
Old 06-06-17, 09:34 AM

Hulu added more Food Network, HGTV & Travel Channel shows:

Cutthroat Kitchen
Good Eats
The Great Food Truck Race
Restaurant Impossible

Caribbean Life
Design on a Dime
Extreme Homes
Flea Market Flip
Love It or List It

Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern
Mysteries at the Museum
Flea Market Flip! I watched two or three episodes of this last time I was at my mother in law's and actually liked it quite a bit. Cutthroat Kitchen, I should hate that show, but sadly I keep watching it when I get a chance. Only because of Alton Brown though (same reason I like Good Eats). I've seen a ton of Restaurant Impossible and got really tired of it so I probably won't add that to my lineup. But Cutthroat, Flea Market & Good Eats will be added to tonight. Thanks for the update (we still need to see No Reservations though).

Also...I'm already a third through Guy's Grocery Games. I really hope they add more seasons.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.