Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-14, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,073 Likes on 650 Posts
Re: Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Originally Posted by Darth Maher
I may have heard that but never followed up on it. I think I'm going to subscribe to HorrorHound. Seems like something I'd really like. Plus the usual Sean Clark column sounds right up my alley.
I have been a subscriber for several years now and think it is a pretty good mag. The writing on some of the columns is much more amateurish in comparison to other, more popular magazines but the format is what makes the magazine really shine. They do old toys, VHS covers, comics, etc. spreads better than a lot of their competitors.
Old 08-17-14, 08:52 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[self promotional post removed]
Old 08-17-14, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
The astounding thing about blu-ray dot com is how you can have a thread consisting of thousands posts where nobody says anything of value. Look at the Halloween boxed set thread as an example.

And when someone does post something interesting they are either ignored or attacked. Too many thin-skinned wankers over there who take things way too personally. Guys will freak out over the dumbest shit. It's like a million little Sheldon Coopers over there.
I agree. I look at the forum because of all the traffic it has and assume before clicking a thread, some actual information and interesting discussing is going on. But nope, it's always the same old crap, that I've barely posted there after seeing how pointless it is to try to have an actual discussion about a movie instead of trivial matters like a slip cover or lack thereof.

They also lack a sense of humor, since I did make a sarcastic comment on the Nightbreed thread written merely tongue in cheek to illustrate the craziness of the uproar over 10,000 units being printed instead of 5,000. And of course someone quoted it and was offended and angry, and yet other informative posts I've tried to post there go ignored. So it's a pretty useless site in the end, and dvdtalk remains where it's at!

Oh and the best deal I've found on the complete Halloween set was $94 on Amazon.ca. The price has been raised since then. This was about the only usual thing I got out of the Halloween thread while skimming through it. Otherwise, it's just a waste of time to bother reading that forum.

Last edited by Julie Walker; 08-17-14 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-18-14, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
One of them started hitting on me through PM
Are you upset that we aren't hitting on you?

Blu-ray.com is kind of like a big room with lots of people, but you have to yell across the room to communicate anything effectively. And all of those people are still in high school.
Old 08-18-14, 02:58 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
One of them started hitting on me through PM
Did they try to lure you in to hang out with the promise to see their slipcover collection?

Im also not so sure all of those people are still in high school, theres definitely people with wives who are just as socially inept crawling around.
Old 08-18-14, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by tommynorcal
Did they try to lure you in to hang out with the promise to see their slipcover collection?
Old 08-18-14, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Originally Posted by rocket1312
My personal pet peeve is the overuse of the smileys. They have their place (I laugh out loud pretty much anytime Hokeyboy busts out the ), but just seeing the "rocking out" or "nervous" smiley makes me want to kick a puppy..
Take that smiley back to where you came from!

Spoiler:
jk
Old 08-21-14, 02:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i kinda really want this, but then i worry about the price dropping after i buy it
Old 08-21-14, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by phantom_azazel
i kinda really want this, but then i worry about the price dropping after i buy it
That happened with me last year with Shout's Amityville boxset. I figured, Shout never drops their prices that much. Pre-ordered it for what I thought was a decent price. Suddenly it's discount everywhere...even has fucking Groupons on it. And I still have yet to open the set.

The Friday The 13th set hasn't dropped much in price though. It has stayed up there and I am guessing the Halloween set may be the same situation due to all the rights involved (at least that is what I am telling myself). Right now the best price I have gotten the deluxe set for is the amazon $118. I missed out on the other sales.
Old 08-21-14, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Saw over at that other site that the deluxe edition is available for preorder at blowitoutahere.com for $106.58 plus a 10% coupon bringing the total to around $98 after shipping.

Anyone bought from them before? I don't think I have and just want to make sure I don't get burned. I have been hoping Amazon's price would fall by now but it is still hanging in at $119.
Old 08-21-14, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

I've never ordered from them, I'm happy to pay a bit more at Amazon because I know they are reliable. I'm hoping there will be a price drop closer to the release date.
Old 08-21-14, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Amazon is reliable but 20 bucks is 20 bucks. Anyone?
Old 08-21-14, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blowitoutta here is fine. I've gotten things from their eBay and Amazon accounts before. I believe someone here mentioned they are under the Second Spin umbrella.
Old 08-21-14, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was going to send a price match notice to Amazon but I can't even find the boxset on blowitoutahere, what am I doing wrong?
Old 08-21-14, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

I've never had a problem with them. I ordered this set a while ago when they had 15% off.
Old 08-21-14, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.blowitoutahere.com/hallow...on/01313262325
Old 08-21-14, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks!
Old 08-21-14, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
I've never ordered from them, I'm happy to pay a bit more at Amazon because I know they are reliable. I'm hoping there will be a price drop closer to the release date.
Yeah being reliable plus Prime means that Amazon wins most of my online ordering.
Old 08-21-14, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
That happened with me last year with Shout's Amityville boxset. I figured, Shout never drops their prices that much. Pre-ordered it for what I thought was a decent price. Suddenly it's discount everywhere...even has fucking Groupons on it. And I still have yet to open the set.

The Friday The 13th set hasn't dropped much in price though. It has stayed up there and I am guessing the Halloween set may be the same situation due to all the rights involved (at least that is what I am telling myself). Right now the best price I have gotten the deluxe set for is the amazon $118. I missed out on the other sales.
Shout will surreptitiously drop prices on a set through certain channels if the thing just doesn't sell. I pretty much pegged that Amityville box as a likely candidate. Iconic name but it's not a well-respected horror franchise.
Old 08-21-14, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mike86
Yeah being reliable plus Prime means that Amazon wins most of my online ordering.
I don't have Prime, I really should try it out, since all of my online ordering is with Amazon. Anyway I notified them of the lower price, so hopefully Amazon will price match it down to $106.
Old 08-21-14, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
I don't have Prime, I really should try it out, since all of my online ordering is with Amazon. Anyway I notified them of the lower price, so hopefully Amazon will price match it down to $106.
I've never seen them match a non-major competitor, let alone a vendor that sells on their marketplace.

Also, Prime is worth every penny.
Old 08-21-14, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Shout will surreptitiously drop prices on a set through certain channels if the thing just doesn't sell. I pretty much pegged that Amityville box as a likely candidate. Iconic name but it's not a well-respected horror franchise.
Yeah, I should have known better. But I figured Shout doesn't lower there prices that much so I thought I was going to be okay.

I think I am going to cancel my pre-order with Amazon and order from blowitoutahere for the 20 bucks in savings. So expect Amazon to lower their preorder price to $85 as soon as I do it.

And Prime is definitely worth the money if you order from Amazon a good bit. But with Halloween, I wasn't planning on cracking it open until October for the Horror Challenge so two day shipping on it doesn't matter for me. As long as it isn't beat to shit, I don't care if it take a little while.

I know this isn't the thread but blowitoutahere also has a really good price on Toxic Avenger and the pre-order on Legend Of Hell House. Even with shipping, after the 10% coupon, they are both better than Amazon's current prices.
Old 09-02-14, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

So...should I hold off on getting this set (the limited edition) the first day, or should I wait? How much could this set realistically go down before it goes out of print?
Old 09-02-14, 09:27 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by PatD
So...should I hold off on getting this set (the limited edition) the first day, or should I wait? How much could this set realistically go down before it goes out of print?
Slim. I'll wait for $50-$60
Old 09-02-14, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by PatD
Scream Factory titles don't dip in price very often and with this being a box set of a huge horror franchise I doubt it'll go too low anytime soon. Maybe $100 or so but I doubt it goes too far below that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.