TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Originals (The CW) -- The Vampire Diaries Spinoff -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-13, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
The Originals -- "Sinners and Saints" -- 10/29/13

Synopsis:

"Sinners and Saints" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

PASTS ARE REVEALED AND SECRETS ARE EXPOSED - Angered by recent events involving the safety of his unborn baby, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) demands answers from Sophie (Daniella Pineda), believing she was involved. Sophie reveals to Klaus and Rebekah (Claire Holt) a troubling secret from her past. Meanwhile, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) asks Klaus to accompany him to the bayou after gruesome remains are discovered, while Rebekah, Sophie and Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) set off on a mission of their own. Davina (Danielle Campbell) confides in an unexpected ally and reveals shocking information about the witches, ultimately leading to a disturbing revelation. Daniel Gillies also stars. Chris Grismer directed the episode written by Marguerite MacIntyre and Julie Plec (#105).
Old 10-30-13, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: The Originals -- "Sinners and Saints" -- 10/29/13

I don't understand why they didn't tell the girls they were getting their throats cut.

One brother wants sexy time with his brother's pregnant lady.

One drop of blood brings a original from black and white to color.

There is still no ice cream.
Old 10-30-13, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Originals -- "Sinners and Saints" -- 10/29/13

Glad Elijah is back and in color. I was missing him.

For the most part, really enjoying this show and the New Orleans back drop. Good times.
Old 11-05-13, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk God

The Originals -- "Fruit of the Poisoned Tree" -- 11/05/13

Synopsis:

"Fruit of the Poisoned Tree" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

TRUST ISSUES - When Klaus (Joseph Morgan) discovers Hayley's (Phoebe Tonkin) life is being threatened, he goes to extreme lengths to protect her and their unborn baby. Having a difficult time dealing with the tragic events of her past, Cami (Leah Pipes) turns to Father Kieran (guest star Todd Stashwick) for guidance. Feeling as though he can trust no one, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) visits an old friend to seek out some advice, while Davina (Danielle Campbell) takes steps to learn how to control her magic. Finally, Klaus delivers some surprising news to Father Kieran. Daniel Gillies, Claire Holt and Daniella Pineda also star. Michael Allowitz directed the episode written by Charlie Charbonneau and Diane Ademu-John (#106).
Old 11-06-13, 04:16 AM

Re: The Originals -- "Fruit of the Poisoned Tree" -- 11/05/13

Good episode. This show is really coming into its own and becoming its own thing away from The Vampire Diaries.

Glad Elijah is back. It was quite delightful when he was ripping out hearts.
Old 11-11-13, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/cw-g...edium=facebook

The CW ordered a full season today (22 episodes)
Old 11-11-13, 04:34 PM

Glad to hear it. I'm enjoying this more than TVD these days.
Old 11-12-13, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk God

The Originals -- "Bloodletting" -- 11/12/13

Synopsis:

"Bloodletting " - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

A BLAST FROM THE PAST - When someone from Hayley's (Phoebe Tonkin) past makes a startling revelation, she grows concerned for herself and the baby. Amidst growing tensions between them, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) turn to Sabine (guest star Shannon Kane) for help in locating Hayley, who has gone missing. After making a trip down to the bayou, Klaus has a surprising and dangerous encounter with an unexpected visitor. Meanwhile, Davina (Danielle Campbell) makes a surprising connection, and Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) makes Rebekah (Claire Holt) an enticing offer that leaves her torn. Jeffrey Hunt directed the episode written by Michael Russo and Michael Narducci (#107).

Episode 7 of 22

In case you missed it, The CW ordered a full season yesterday. 22 episodes
Old 11-13-13, 04:24 AM

Re: The Originals -- "Bloodletting" -- 11/12/13

Originally Posted by DJariya
In case you missed it, The CW ordered a full season yesterday. 22 episodes
Yeah!

It's not that popular here, but I am loving this show and look forward to more episodes.

That said, if Tyler could leave the show and get back to whatever it is Tyler does, that would be great.
Old 11-13-13, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: The Originals -- "Bloodletting" -- 11/12/13

So Katrine's or a look a like blood isn't needed to make hybrids any more. Understandable since the actress is on a different show.

I can do without Tyler but I thought he was ok here. However, he was very un Tyler like.

I'm not sure why the brother originals don't kill Marcel. They don't like him and they can easily kill him.
Old 11-26-13, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk God

The Originals -- "The River in Reverse" -- 11/26/13

Synopsis:

"The River in Reverse" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

THE FIRST BATTLE OF THE WAR - Rebekah (Claire Holt), facing a difficult decision, turns to Father Kieran (guest star Todd Stashwick) for guidance. Elijah (Daniel Gillies) struggles with the consequences of a recent fallout with Klaus (Joseph Morgan). Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) remains by his side but is soon drawn away by a mysterious figure who sheds some light on her past. Meanwhile, a frustrated Cami (Leah Pipes) struggles to make sense of a cryptic message she's come across. Finally, when an unsuspecting Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) uncovers some upsetting information involving Klaus, a confrontation ends in a surprising twist. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Declan de Barra and Julie Plec (#108).

Episode 8 of 22
Old 11-26-13, 08:47 PM

Re: The Originals -- "The River in Reverse" -- 11/26/13

Klaus mowing through Marcel's cronies was a good time.

Loving this show so much.
Old 12-03-13, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk God

The Originals -- "Reigning Pain in New Orleans" -- 12/03/13

Synopsis:

"Reigning Pain in New Orleans" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

NEW ALLIANCES ARE FORMED - Marcel (Charles Michael Davis), deeply conflicted by recent events, is surprised when Klaus (Joseph Morgan) opens up to him about some of his past indiscretions. Cami (Leah Pipes) tries to make sense of cryptic messages she's come across and is disturbed when she gains some insight into Klaus' past. Meanwhile, in a surprising turn of events, the human faction takes matters into their own hands, resulting in a violent confrontation. Elsewhere, when Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) learns of a plan to harm the werewolves in the bayou, she turns to Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Rebekah (Claire Holt) for help. After heading to the bayou, they run into a werewolf named Eve (guest star Tasha Ames), who has information that leads them to a shocking discovery. Joshua Butler directed the episode written by Ashley Lyle and Bart Nickerson (#109).

Episode 9 of 22
Old 12-04-13, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Originals -- "Reigning Pain in New Orleans" -- 12/03/13

This show is really annoying especially with Klaus as the lead.
Old 12-05-13, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Pretty good end to the 1st half of the season.

Saw the ratings were a season high. Actually it's getting pretty close to Vampire Diaries type ratings.

I know this show hasn't caught on here probably because most TVD fans here hate Klaus and didn't really care about a show centered on him.

For anyone who was curious about Elijah being MIA for the first few episodes. Daniel Gillies is also a series regular on the Canadian show Saving Hope. His was working on both shows simultaneously and the writers of The Originals worked around his schedule.
Old 12-05-13, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I have always enjoyed Klaus, and at this point I think I may like this show more than the Vampire Diaries.
Old 12-05-13, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

I gave this series another chance with this episode but I still can't stand Klaus.
Old 12-05-13, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I gave this series another chance with this episode but I still can't stand Klaus.
Are we suppose to like him? I know a show with him as a main character is an issue because I don't like him.
Old 12-05-13, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
Are we suppose to like him? I know a show with him as a main character is an issue because I don't like him.
The character has been all over the map but I haven't liked the actor portraying Klaus ever since he was on British television, over ten years ago.
Old 12-06-13, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
The character has been all over the map but I haven't liked the actor portraying Klaus ever since he was on British television, over ten years ago.
On a side note for the story a is who do we want to win, the monsters that kill innocents, the monsters that kill innocents, or the the monsters that kill innocents. With a couple people that are not insane tossed in. It's entertaining, just not sure if it matters who wins what.
Old 12-06-13, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I have always enjoyed Klaus, and at this point I think I may like this show more than the Vampire Diaries.
Same here.

I am glad it is doing well. I am enjoying this show so much more than I expected. It is really came into its own.

Originally Posted by DJariya

For anyone who was curious about Elijah being MIA for the first few episodes. Daniel Gillies is also a series regular on the Canadian show Saving Hope. His was working on both shows simultaneously and the writers of The Originals worked around his schedule.
Thank you! I wondered what the hell that was about. The show really needs him.
Old 01-14-14, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk God

The Originals -- "The Casket Girls" -- 1/14/14

Synopsis:

"The Casket Girls" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

TAKING BACK POWER - As the French Quarter prepares for its annual celebration of the Casket Girls Festival, Cami (Leah Pipes) suffers through as Davina (Danielle Campbell) attempts to free her of Klaus' (Joseph Morgan) mind compulsion. Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) form an unlikely alliance as Klaus sets his plan in motion to get Davina back. Once it's known that Davina is missing, Sophie (Daniella Pineda) gets in on the hunt to track her down. Meanwhile, Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) is forced to make a tough decision after receiving an unexpected phone call, and Rebekah (Claire Holt) sets her own plan in motion when she enlists the help of someone from Marcel's past. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Charlie Charbonneau and Michelle Paradise (#110).

Episode 10 of 22
Old 01-22-14, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk God

The Originals (The CW) -- Season 1 Thread

This show doesn't have enough popularity, viewers in this forum to warrant weekly threads. I'm guessing the main reason is that it's a spinoff and it's hard for people to watch this who don't watch/haven't seen The Vampire Diaries. I'm not in love with this show, but I do watch it even though I am a few weeks behind.

This will be the thread for the remainder of season 1.

"Apres Moi, le Déluge" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, L) (HDTV)

WITCH BUSINESS - When Davina (Danielle Campbell) becomes violently ill and the repercussions soon begin to affect the entire French Quarter, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis), Klaus (Joseph Morgan), Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Rebekah (Claire Holt) rush to find out what is going on. Sophie (Daniella Pineda) approaches the others with some startling information about the Harvest Festival and presents a drastic plan to save Davina. Elsewhere, Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) is racked with guilt as she comes clean to Elijah about her role in Sophie's plan. Last, a sequence of unforeseen events sends shockwaves through the French Quarter. Leslie Libman directed the episode written by Marguerite MacIntyre and Diane Ademu-John (#111).

Episode 11 of 22 aired tonight.
Old 01-22-14, 04:17 AM

re: The Originals (The CW) -- The Vampire Diaries Spinoff -- Series Thread

Last night's episode was great, but it was sad.

I can't believe that I wasn't expecting it. It is a spin off of The Vampire Diaries after all. Got to expect character deaths.
Old 01-22-14, 09:05 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
re: The Originals (The CW) -- The Vampire Diaries Spinoff -- Series Thread

Yeah, pretty big boo from me. She seemed like an interesting character.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.