Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

James Bond 50 complete box set - $39 shipped (All 23 films up to Skyfall)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

James Bond 50 complete box set - $39 shipped (All 23 films up to Skyfall)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-14, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: James Bond 50 complete box set - $39 shipped (All 23 films up to Skyfall)

Lets assume this is legit for a second. If they are offering these sets for just $39 just imagine what they paid for them in the first place.

I dunno about this, but we'll know soon! I posted to their Twitter and FB blatantly asking if this was a bootleg.

EDIT:

They just responded to me. Here is what I asked on FB...

Is the Bond 50 Blu-ray set you guys are offering the legit, 100%, authentic, retail version NON-bootleg release? If not, oh man.
And there response just a few minutes later...

Hello Brent, thank you for your inquiry. These items we sell are guaranteed brand-new and authentic. We do not sell counterfeits nor imitations. If you require anything else, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message here on Facebook. Have a great day!
They just responded on Twitter as well...

nomorerack ‏@nomorerack 50s

@CBrentL Yes, they are legit and 100% authentic. Go ahead and place your order now. Happy shopping!

Last edited by Brent L; 01-18-14 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-18-14, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

I wanted to order but saw way too many reviews on yelp, bbb.org and other sites about this place selling bootleg, damaged and not-as-described items for me to be comfortable.
Old 01-18-14, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

This should be interesting. Sounds like this place sells merchandise that was damaged in natural disasters, products obtained from overseas warehouses that don't sell authentic materials, etc.
Old 01-18-14, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered with my credit card through Paypal. I won't have any problem getting a full refund if this turns out to be some sort of scam.

I'm guessing that if we receive these at all, they'll probably be China made bootlegs. For $40.00, it's worth a shot.
Old 01-18-14, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
This should be interesting. Sounds like this place sells merchandise that was damaged in natural disasters, products obtained from overseas warehouses that don't sell authentic materials, etc.
The fact they are selling a set that's cheapest previous price to my knowledge was $95 for less than $40 was too fishy for me.

Hope it works out for everyone but this just seems like they are getting either damaged items or stolen ones. The set released in October, so it isn't like the studio is blowing them out for a newer set.

And why is it still in stock and at the sale price days after the deal was supposed to end?

Last edited by HuskerTornado; 01-18-14 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-18-14, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

As the original poster, I demand a 25% cut of resellers' profits.
Old 01-18-14, 08:13 PM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by HuskerTornado
The fact they are selling a set that's cheapest previous price to my knowledge was $95 for less than $40 was too fishy for me.

Hope it works out for everyone but this just seems like they are getting either damaged items or stolen ones. The set released in October, so it isn't like the studio is blowing them out for a newer set.
what makes everyone so sure that this isn't the studios seeking to get rid of excess inventory through a no frills, low cost operational set up like these guys ? I mean, we will know when/if we receive the set - however, the above is not unheard of. Fox may have a few thousand in excess they want to get rid of...
Old 01-18-14, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Since the Bond 50 set (including Skyfall) was just released last October, it seems a little early for them to be dumping stock.

If it was the old set that didn't include Skyfall, I could see them trying to get rid of those, though.
Old 01-18-14, 09:30 PM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Since the Bond 50 set (including Skyfall) was just released last October, it seems a little early for them to be dumping stock.

If it was the old set that didn't include Skyfall, I could see them trying to get rid of those, though.
Its been a year since Skyfall was released to Home video, so its not like sales are blazing for this title to not be on sale. and this box with Skyfall was nothing special - its the same as the older box set which had an empty slot to fill Skyfall which Fox did, once Skyfall was past peak home video demand and re-released it.
Old 01-18-14, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

Maybe it is the old 22 disk set with an individual retail copy of Skyfall shrinked wrapped to the outside of the box set.

I remember seeing alot of Skyfall copies (with slipcover) lingering around at Best Buy for the longest time. Take all those leftover single Skyfall copies returned from the retailers and shrink wrap it to the old 22 set and presto, you have the newer 23 movie box set!

Or another huge freighter just docked in the harbor from China...
Old 01-18-14, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
As the original poster, I demand a 25% cut of resellers' profits.
I've been thinking about reselling some of my old DVDs just to free up some space since I've replaced them with BR, but apparently the resale market is so bad, I'm told it might not be worth the trouble. Good look on getting your payments .
Old 01-18-14, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by HuskerTornado

And why is it still in stock and at the sale price days after the deal was supposed to end?
Post #66 answers this.
Old 01-18-14, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Post #66 answers this.
That answers why it was available for yesterday, not again today. It's obvious they are trying to sell through whatever they have, the clock appears to be only a gimmick.
Old 01-19-14, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

Maybe they just enjoy ripping off Blu Ray collectors $39 at a time?
Old 01-19-14, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts

Wonder how long it'll take for this thing to ship, assuming it does at all? I've found a bunch of complaints about Nomorerack online from people who ordered Christmas presents from them that didn't arrive in time, and some things they did receive were different than what the described item was though there isn't much they could send in place of this other than a bunch of the individual discs instead of the set.
Old 01-19-14, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Maybe everyone will get Jane Fonda's workout discs.
Old 01-19-14, 08:40 AM

Whenever I have hit the Buy Now button over the past 18 hours, I have gotten a message in red saying out of stock. Anybody else?
Old 01-19-14, 09:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeDoakes
Whenever I have hit the Buy Now button over the past 18 hours, I have gotten a message in red saying out of stock. Anybody else?
Same here.
Or it goes into an infinite loading loop and never finishes loading.
Old 01-19-14, 11:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeDoakes
Yep.
Old 01-19-14, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
what makes everyone so sure that this isn't the studios seeking to get rid of excess inventory through a no frills, low cost operational set up like these guys ? I mean, we will know when/if we receive the set - however, the above is not unheard of. Fox may have a few thousand in excess they want to get rid of...
Maybe they should have the excess stock destroyed. I think Warner can refer them to someone who does that.
Old 01-19-14, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's the thing. I've read through their site, Facebook, twitter, etc. They even have an APP. I've read their responses and have noticed that they're very well spoken and don't seem to outsource their customer service department - not that I can tell so far. When reading some of the complaints, though? Fuck, what a train wreck of epic proportions. Some of the people making these complaints should be sterilized from ever reproducing again. Seriously. Hey, so you ordered something during the Christmas rush and didn't get it by 25th. Welcome to the club, ya moron. Lots of people didn't get their shit when they were promised. It's CHRISTMAS!

Anyways, someone had said that they were a wholesaler in the vein of Groupon. That's actually what it does look like to me.
Old 01-19-14, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Ordered this several days ago and the only peep I have heard from them is the daily emails trying to sell me other shit. Any idea on if or when these sets might actually ship? Kind of sucks that I have already been charged and paid with paypal days ago with no indication on when the set will actually ship out.
Old 01-20-14, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Ordered this several days ago and the only peep I have heard from them is the daily emails trying to sell me other shit. Any idea on if or when these sets might actually ship? Kind of sucks that I have already been charged and paid with paypal days ago with no indication on when the set will actually ship out.
It's the weekend and tomorrow is a postal holiday, so Tuesday at the earliest I would guess. Unless they ship UPS or Fedex. Their FAQ doesn't specify how that ship. Just that it can take 10-14 days to receive your item.
Old 01-20-14, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

For the Paypal users, I would stay very aware of your window of opportunity to file a claim. I don't care what the site says- if I don't have my package by that drop-dead date, I will file a claim.

Last edited by PhantomStranger; 01-20-14 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-20-14, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
For the Paypal users, I would stay very aware of your window of opportunity to file a claim. I don't care what the site says- if I don't have my package by that drop-dead date, I will file a claim.
What's the drop-dead date?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.