Reload this Page >

Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Old 12-03-13, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

I think I might hold off on the Shotgun purchase and instead look for a better sword(s). The one I'm using is one I got "Free and was better than the one that came with Mag...but it's still at the low end and I can do better. I'm considering going dual and what little I've read it seems there is not one "All Perfect Sword(s)"...each has pros & cons.

Need to run with Chess again on the assassination of "Big Dog"...just need one more part for the Rino...I played one more round after you left Chess and didn't get the part I needed....and thanks for running with me though that one that we didn't have shields...ouch!
Old 12-03-13, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got another void key. I have 4 now plus a clan key. I won't use any of them until we can get together and maximize.

I also made a beeline (none of the side branches) through Uranus to get to Neptune, and the first planet on Neptune is a defense mission. Three control modules on my second run, and my final Rhino part is in construction. Then I just have to assemble the parts.

It's a shame that I'll be leaving Volt for a bit, because I'd just learned to appreciate his lesser skills. The shield is super cool for revives and for propping in doorways for your teammates, and the speed skill is handy for covering ground or escaping danger.
Old 12-03-13, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I think I might hold off on the Shotgun purchase and instead look for a better sword(s). The one I'm using is one I got "Free and was better than the one that came with Mag...but it's still at the low end and I can do better. I'm considering going dual and what little I've read it seems there is not one "All Perfect Sword(s)"...each has pros & cons.
It's not perfect, but when you get the charge timing down on the Galatine, it's pretty disgusting. I have to level up other stuff, because that's the way the game works, but when it's all said and done, I think the Galatine is going to be the one that gets the potato.

Need to run with Chess again on the assassination of "Big Dog"...just need one more part for the Rino...I played one more round after you left Chess and didn't get the part I needed....and thanks for running with me though that one that we didn't have shields...ouch!
I'm in. Imagine I'll be on tonight for a bit.

The only downside for me is that there doesn't seem to be a way to dispose of duplicate blueprints, so I have several extra Rhino parts.
Old 12-03-13, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a Clan key then you must be in a clan? That's just to enter the Dojo.

Just found out the hard way that if you complete a mission before making it to the exit you get zero credits as well as whatever the mission reward is. Found this out on an Alert mission, so I missed out on a Orikin Catalyst and over 10k in credits. F..... This game can be so convoluted.
Old 12-04-13, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That kind of stinks. I've been in situations where I'm playing with a couple of Lokis or Volts, and they zip through the level leaving me to fight hordes of dudes and then not getting to the finish line. It doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen. I hadn't really cought on about the alert missions until the past couple of days, and I did two defense ones last night. They were EPIC fights with some cool rewards, including a premium Ember helmet that I wish I could give you. I also double checked my keys last night, and I have duplicates on a couple of them. I have six total.

The game ebbs and flows for me as I hit bumps in the learning curve and make mistakes. The mistake I'm making right now is maximizing every last mod that I get when I know there's going to be value in having some lower level mods for new frames. I'm also hating my loadout right now. I hate my Dual Vipers because they chew through ammo, and the rifle I built (forget the name) is hot garbage. But I feel compelled to level them both up to 30, because that's how you advance at the macro level. The trick, I think, is to carry one weapon you like to use as a primary while leveling up the one you don't like.

Construction on Rhino starts this afternoon, so I'll have that to look forward to.

Any word on a platinum sale for PS4? I know PC had one last weekend. I'm now fully convinced that the only things you should spend platinum on are potatoes and slots.
Old 12-04-13, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I broke down and bought the Dual Ethers and they've made an impact already especially when there are a group of two or more. I still may opt to break down and get the shotgun to use up close and rely on the dual pistols for distance.

Now tell me again on how the "Keys" work? I picked one up somewhere in the last two nights.

Also what do you think of buying the "Boosters"...the ones for doubling the credits and leveling up your Warframe in a span of 3-7 days. The one for doubling the credits seems like a decent deal...40 Platinum...if you plan on buying blueprints and other credit related items.
Old 12-04-13, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chess
That kind of stinks. I've been in situations where I'm playing with a couple of Lokis or Volts, and they zip through the level leaving me to fight hordes of dudes and then not getting to the finish line. It doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen. I hadn't really cought on about the alert missions until the past couple of days, and I did two defense ones last night. They were EPIC fights with some cool rewards, including a premium Ember helmet that I wish I could give you. I also double checked my keys last night, and I have duplicates on a couple of them. I have six total.

The game ebbs and flows for me as I hit bumps in the learning curve and make mistakes. The mistake I'm making right now is maximizing every last mod that I get when I know there's going to be value in having some lower level mods for new frames. I'm also hating my loadout right now. I hate my Dual Vipers because they chew through ammo, and the rifle I built (forget the name) is hot garbage. But I feel compelled to level them both up to 30, because that's how you advance at the macro level. The trick, I think, is to carry one weapon you like to use as a primary while leveling up the one you don't like.

Construction on Rhino starts this afternoon, so I'll have that to look forward to.

Any word on a platinum sale for PS4? I know PC had one last weekend. I'm now fully convinced that the only things you should spend platinum on are potatoes and slots.
They are adding trading in the next update.

I've "completed" missions many times not at the exit, I didn't notice the no credits thing until now. I have noticed it if I'm laying there dead when a mission completes though. I hope they fix/change that.

Platinum is always on sale for PC, via login rewards (50%/75% off pop up fairly often). They'll be doing sales somehow after the next update hits.

Yeah, you're definitely better off not running around in high level areas with all low level gear. I'm doing it now actually, and it can suck, not only am I not contributing much, I die a lot too. That should change soon though, I think Ember is around level 15 or so and my weapons are catching up as well.

I'd spend platinum on stupid shit like scarves and more colors too. But yeah, besides that, potatoes and slots. Oh, and those credit boosters for 40 platinum aren't too bad a deal. Considering how expensive credits themselves are to buy. I think I'd buy a booster over a long weekend and then earn enough credits to keep me happy for a very long time.
Old 12-04-13, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't find that I'm ever short on credits, because I'm always in the cycle of leveling up a weapon and for now, I'm always completing new levels. I earned over 15,000 in one alert level last night.

Cool, if they open up trading, I have an Ember helmet blueprint for you.

@ K&A, the keys give you single-time access per key to a world called "The Void" where you get tons of sweet loot. You can also bring people in with you as host, which is why I suggested planning ahead and having a "Void Night" every now and then where we'd take turns hosting and using our keys.

If memory serves, I have keys for Tower 1 defense, two copies of Tower 2 defense, at least one other defense, and a mobile defense.
Old 12-04-13, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just have a Tower 3 extermination key left. I'll save it until we can get together and do a bunch. I suggest waiting for the update though, new loot!

You might be right about credits, I just need to do more Alerts. Although, maybe with more credits I'd be willing to do transmutation. Fusion is getting stupid expensive too, I did one fusion and it cost over 10k credits.
Old 12-04-13, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

At some point last night, I had 170,000 credits. I'm not sure whether that was before or after buying the Paris blueprint, but it was definitely after starting the build for the last Rhino piece. And I fuse just about everything I can fuse, even stuff for characters I'd don't imagine I'll ever use. I'm just starting to realize that I might want multiple leveled versions of my most common mods and that it might be better to have a 5, a 6 and a 7 than it would be to have a single 8 that I can't use.

Just to be clear, Transmutation is 100% random, right? No way to manipulate it? I'd really hate to throw 20,000 credits at a useless mod.
Old 12-04-13, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

From what I've read..it is random but relates to the type and rarity of the mods. However I couldn't find if it's item or Warframe specific. I'd like to try one time and another reason for the credit booster consider the cost. I'll check that key I got when I get home
Old 12-04-13, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by K&AJones
From what I've read..it is random but relates to the type and rarity of the mods. However I couldn't find if it's item or Warframe specific. I'd like to try one time and another reason for the credit booster consider the cost. I'll check that key I got when I get home
Yep that's correct. I think the wiki has the equation, but I'm too lazy to look or care about it. I'll just press my luck at some point when I have the credits to spare.
Old 12-04-13, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

One thing with trading in Update 11 is that it allows you to trade Platinum, so you can sell stuff for Platinum. Might not even need to buy Platinum then, but I probably still will just to support the dev's. Well, as long as there is a sale.
Old 12-04-13, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by flashburn
One thing with trading in Update 11 is that it allows you to trade Platinum, so you can sell stuff for Platinum. Might not even need to buy Platinum then, but I probably still will just to support the dev's. Well, as long as there is a sale.
I'm with you...the game has exceeded my expectations. I've told Chess I've been really impressed with the maps...just not the size but the detail alone would make Halo fans somewhat envious. I'm a sticker for details and love just looking around...when I have a chance which is not often. I've spent $20 already and wouldn't doubt another $20 will go to the game. I look at it like...it takes a lot of hours, time and money to put something like this together...same as say PC Anti-virus. You can get it free but after awhile just feel like paying for all their work especially if it does it's job...I use Avast by the way.
Old 12-04-13, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I made the mistake of looking at my stats. I have almost 60 hours in this game. It's a problem.

But I have a Rhino and a Sobek shotty in the cooker, and I'm digging my throwing knives.

Rhino takes three days to build, so I guess I'll have him Saturday evening.
Old 12-05-13, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Forgot to mention a few other events from last night:
  • Got my first "aura" card (a health boost)
  • Gathered at least 3-4 void keys. I have nine now
  • Got and passed the test for rank 4 (which unlocks the Sobek shotgun, allowing me to bypass the 75K credit one)
  • Got my dual Vipers to level 30 and am leaning toward selling them
  • Latron rifle is at 25 or so and will definitely get sold when it hits 30
  • Realized I had a potato. Guess I got it when I bought Volt and didn't know.
  • Decided to use the potato on Dethcube rather than wait and give it to Rhino. Probably another mistake.
And, as previously noted, Rhino will be done on Saturday. Was a bit surprised to see a three day cook.
Old 12-05-13, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chess
Forgot to mention a few other events from last night:
  • Got my first "aura" card (a health boost)
  • Gathered at least 3-4 void keys. I have nine now
  • Got and passed the test for rank 4 (which unlocks the Sobek shotgun, allowing me to bypass the 75K credit one)
  • Got my dual Vipers to level 30 and am leaning toward selling them
  • Latron rifle is at 25 or so and will definitely get sold when it hits 30
  • Realized I had a potato. Guess I got it when I bought Volt and didn't know.
  • Decided to use the potato on Dethcube rather than wait and give it to Rhino. Probably another mistake.
And, as previously noted, Rhino will be done on Saturday. Was a bit surprised to see a three day cook.

Yep...a good night and you've been busy. I saw you on but didn't want to bother you figuring you were trying to do or get something. I broke down and got the Strum Shotgun after all. What the heck...it's just a game right but it does the job up close. Only have two mods loaded and more to add.

I'm still fuzzy on the build/cook. I've got two Rino items...the chassis and systems. I'm missing two items...I think. One the control board which I'll buy and maybe salvage or plastids (come from where?). Where is the Helmet?

Last night was a mixed bag...failed on the two survivals I need to close out Venus and Earth. Both were almost completed till the end when all us died. mainly because of one or two Lone Wolves decided to do their thing. Both had a ton of drops and lost a lot.

oh...on the Key...it's just the Tower Defense II...and I think I do have two. Sorry but that's it.
Old 12-05-13, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Aura's are fucking badass. You might not notice it, but every Warframe has an Aura slot, it's between the available mods and the available slots. The Aura mods all ADD to your skill points. So levelling those up ASAP makes a lot of sense.
Old 12-05-13, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Don't buy the control boards (or any parts). You can farm them. The wiki always says where the best place to farm them is. Control Boards are really easy to get. The helmet BP drops the same place the other BP's drop. Like I said before, each boss drops the set, so you have to farm them a bit.
Old 12-05-13, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just equipped the aura card at the end of the night, so I haven't really seen the benefit yet. I did get a "flow" card, which increased my energy storage, so I was pretty stoked about that. It basically means that I can use my Overload power twice now or use my lesser powers without losing the ability to do Overload.

On buying parts, I bought a control module to finish my Dethcube, but as always, it was due to my ignorance. I didn't realize that Warframes only level to 30, and I thought the numbers on the different worlds were recommended levels to play them, so I was just chilling in lower level stuff. Once I realized that level 30 was the cap, I plugged my way to Neptune, where the first world is a defense level, and I ended up getting 3 control modules on my second run.

Just kill Jackal a few more times for the helmet...shouldn't be a problem, and I'm happy to help.

And if I'm online and playing Warframe, send me a party chat invite. I'm down for just about anything, and I'll let you know if I'm doing something specific that I want to wrap up. Last night, I was farming Earth for a particular part for my new shotgun, but I would have broken away.
Old 12-05-13, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Need a tip or advice on using the Forma. I landed one and thinking of putting it into the Warframe slot. I've got a bunch of Defense polarities and figure boosting shields or health and adding it would be best.

I'll be on again tonight...good grief I cannot put this game down and wouldn't mind seeing if we can make it thru those two survival modes...which would take care of Earth and Venus.

Oh...and what's the deal with the Rare Fusion Cores....more or less what's their best usage and when? I've collected a few but wasn't sure if I should use these with the Warframe specific mods or what.
Old 12-05-13, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No clue about Forma, I've yet to get any. Just be aware it resets your level of that weapon/warframe to 0.

I'm guessing the best use of rare Fusion Core's is on Rare mods, but I'm not really sure.
Old 12-05-13, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Had a great time playing with you guys tonight (besides that damn bug).

BTW here is the latest patch notes for the 11.5 update. Sounds like 11.0 + hot fixes might hit really soon:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.ph...3#entry1705923

Note that those are the notes for 11.5, the 11.0 changes are much more substantial.
Old 12-06-13, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Had a good time as well though I felt like a "3rd wheel" in that Tower III run. My damage dealt...a measly 4-5% despite unloading the dual pistols. I still think we can do the Tower I Defend...we almost had it. Maybe we can schedule a certain night or just set aside those Keys.

For me I'm slowly chopping away a finishing the missions...done with Mercury, Venus, one left on Earth and have opened up Saturn and done (4) on Mars. The one Survival on Earth at the end is what's holding me up on finishing it. And if you guys can help on the Rino Helmet and I think the Plasids (need about 200-300 I think). I may be on tonight or at least try...around 5:30-6 Central.
Old 12-06-13, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We just need to invite someone else to do those T1's, there's no downside. I'll probably log on around 10PM EST tonight, if you guys want to run through more Void keys.

You know you don't need to finish an entire planet before moving on to the next, right? That's actually something I've been working on, going back and finishing planets I didn't complete.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.