Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-17, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
Re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Originally Posted by Bandit03
Finally stopped procrastinating and downloaded this to my PS4. Looking forward to trying it this weekend.
Well good luck...and just don't let the game overwhelm you because at first, you'll find yourself asking a lot of questions of the who, what, when, where and how variety. There's a ....lot of number stuff to soak in. Just grab your Warframe, play, explore, take your time and just get use to movement, how to swap weapons, abilities and the environment in general. Anything that drops, collect it....there is no limitation to your stash. Shoot, whack, or use your abilities on anything hostile. Do the campaign/story but you can go back and re-run missions to level up and gather materials.

...and all else fails...hit the Warframe wiki.....great site for more detail on Warframes, their abilities, weapons and their stats on damage types and enemies on what they are more vulnerable to.
Old 10-27-17, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be sure to level everything you can to 30 and to have as much stuff building as possible. Your inventory is limited, but your foundry isn't, so you can have stuff built but not claimed in your foundry. Get it out when you're ready to level it.

Also, keep an eye out for weapons that are used as ingredients to build other weapons and plan accordingly. This might be helpful:

Old 01-13-18, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Hey, so this game is fucking good!

Seems like every few years or so I install this but always seem to bounce right off. I have a lot of enthusiasm at the beginning, but I've never been able to stick with it for very long at all.

Yesterday I installed it on my PC (was on PS4 previously) and it's finally clicked. It's got its hooks in me real good. I'm still bouncing off walls and my fingers don't quite know what to do all the time (only about 6 hrs in) but I'm having a total blast with this right now. Just got to Venus, cleared out a couple missions, and am about to start tinkering with elemental combos on mods. Might even buy a blueprint and get that started. I've been reading some wiki's and watching a ton of 'Warframe for Beginners' Youtube videos, and they've been wildly helpful.
Old 01-15-18, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by lopper
Hey, so this game is fucking good!

Seems like every few years or so I install this but always seem to bounce right off. I have a lot of enthusiasm at the beginning, but I've never been able to stick with it for very long at all.

Yesterday I installed it on my PC (was on PS4 previously) and it's finally clicked. It's got its hooks in me real good. I'm still bouncing off walls and my fingers don't quite know what to do all the time (only about 6 hrs in) but I'm having a total blast with this right now. Just got to Venus, cleared out a couple missions, and am about to start tinkering with elemental combos on mods. Might even buy a blueprint and get that started. I've been reading some wiki's and watching a ton of 'Warframe for Beginners' Youtube videos, and they've been wildly helpful.
Congrads Lopper...and I highly recommend hitting the official Wiki. It can be overwhelming....like getting the Mods and their characteristics down with countless possibilities on each weapon type and the Frames which all do pull you in always tinkering and experimenting. We just like sometimes seeing what happens when you mix the Frames themselves...it really does become laughable and a light show...and of course we still like the moaning and groaning the Grineer does.

I will say look up some YouTube videos...I follow about three but one I really like is a guy called...MCgamerCZ...he has some good builds but he also does a lot on explaining the ins & outs of how stuff works...the procs, elemental combos, crit damage, armor, health and all. He does have a good one explain the Elemental, Status and Crit alone that's a good one to watch.

Good luck and have fun......
Old 01-15-18, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quick question: Aside from blocking incoming fire, why would I switch to just using the sword/melee weapon when I can just hit E and use a quick strike? Is it just a different play style?

Also, when I have it equipped, I hold L mouse and my arms and weapon glow a little, but then I end up just smashing E to strike. What does L mouse do?

I somehow stumbled into a social space, like a space station, and was completely overwhelmed for really the first time since I started playing. Tons of NPCs to turn various artifacts and items in to, and a vendor kiosk (maybe?). It was wildly confusing.

And I farmed my first boss, Jackal, for new Frame (Rhino) components. It was fun, but a little counter intuitive, since you're basically speed running through the level, bypassing all those sweet green lockers and glowing containers. Think of the loot, everyone!

This game is just bananas, guys.
Old 01-15-18, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Congrads Lopper...and I highly recommend hitting the official Wiki. It can be overwhelming....like getting the Mods and their characteristics down with countless possibilities on each weapon type and the Frames which all do pull you in always tinkering and experimenting. We just like sometimes seeing what happens when you mix the Frames themselves...it really does become laughable and a light show...and of course we still like the moaning and groaning the Grineer does.

I will say look up some YouTube videos...I follow about three but one I really like is a guy called...MCgamerCZ...he has some good builds but he also does a lot on explaining the ins & outs of how stuff works...the procs, elemental combos, crit damage, armor, health and all. He does have a good one explain the Elemental, Status and Crit alone that's a good one to watch.

Good luck and have fun......

Thanks for the recommendation. I just subbed to that guy's channel. I'm trying to not follow any guides too closely, and just play the game as it comes to me, but I've really appreciated all the tips/tricks for beginners videos so far.

Quick question: Aside from blocking incoming fire, why would I switch to just using the sword/melee weapon when I can just hit E and use a quick strike? Is it just a different play style?

Also, when I have it equipped, I hold L mouse and my arms and weapon glow a little, but then I end up just smashing E to strike. What does L mouse do?

I somehow stumbled into a social space, like a space station, and was completely overwhelmed for really the first time since I started playing. Tons of NPCs to turn various artifacts and items in to, and a vendor kiosk (maybe?). It was wildly confusing.

And I farmed my first boss, Jackal, for new Frame (Rhino) components. It was fun, but a little counter intuitive, since you're basically speed running through the level, bypassing all those sweet green lockers and glowing containers. Think of the loot, everyone! This game is just bananas, guys.
Old 01-15-18, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by lopper
Thanks for the recommendation. I just subbed to that guy's channel. I'm trying to not follow any guides too closely, and just play the game as it comes to me, but I've really appreciated all the tips/tricks for beginners videos so far.

Quick question: Aside from blocking incoming fire, why would I switch to just using the sword/melee weapon when I can just hit E and use a quick strike? Is it just a different play style? .....Yes

That is "Channeling"...it cost energy but you do far more damage...great when you are in the thick of a mob. There are plenty Mods out there that Buff w/some Nerf....like gain more energy but say loose health...stuff like that

When you look at the Map...and look at some planets...you will see the "Station" around it's orbit.....it's a Relay where players go to mingle, you have your Syndicate HQ's there and more importantly where you gain your Mastery Rank. It's also where the Trader comes...where he offers some special stuff but you need to have what's called "Duckets". It's a form of special currency that you get when you sell off Prime Parts when you run the Fissures (got to have relics). Some of those ware keepers and some just trash & sell. Depending on the rarity, they'll fetch you 10 to 100 ducketss. What makes the Trader worthwhile or the "Prime Mod Cards". Say you get a Normal Reach for a melee and at max it comes to I think +110. A Prime Reach will max at +165...a huge difference. They're expensive...ususally like 350-400 Duckets and 20,000 credits but they are worth every cent.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Relay

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Primed_Mods

And I farmed my first boss, Jackal, for new Frame (Rhino) components. It was fun, but a little counter intuitive, since you're basically speed running through the level, bypassing all those sweet green lockers and glowing containers. Think of the loot, everyone! This game is just bananas, guys.

That's the way it is in a lot of areas of the game...and frankly I don't care for it. A couple of us will go on some locations...anything Corpus is good because of the amount of lockers...and just do a simple exterminate and hit every room. Early on that's a must for resources but sometimes the lockers and containers do drop some good stuff.. I've got over 14K Mods and 11 million credits and who knows how much resources. A lot of that was doing missions but also opening a lot of stuff. And You'll need lots of credits and mods to level up the Mods you use the most. the final cost to max out some mods is 1.2 million credits...but again, worth and makes a difference on doing damage or surviving.

Thank the Devs for not limiting a stash...like a certain Dest!ny game....and it's basically endless. When you get to that point, grab a good companion and use the mod "Vacum" maxing it out. It will suck resources in a large diamenter and you don't have to worry picking them up. Just open the locker or container and it woffs it up. The Helios is a must.

Old 01-21-18, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Couple questions:

Syndicates - should I bother with them yet? And if yes, which ones are considered 'ideal'? I'm sure it varies based on what they're offering, but are there any that most players tend to prefer?

Farming - I've heard that there are a couple ways to farm Neurodes: drops from enemies and just randomly finding them around certain planets. Yesterday, I played multiple (maybe 20) waves of both a Defense and Extraction mission on earth and got jack shit. Is it better to do those in a party rather than solo in order to move through waves quicker?
Old 01-22-18, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

First...farming the Neurodes....Orokin Derelict, Tikal on Earth and Zabala on Eris. Also if you have any of the Extractors...small mining machines you put out on each planet and retrieve manually helps. You get the blueprint from the marketplace....50K credits. You can have up to two going I think but be sure to get them back or they'll be destroyed.

Syndicates are good because when you max them out there are some good rewards in both Mods and guns. When I did mine I went with Meridian, Hexis and Suda. They made a change where now Hexis is aligned with Red Veil I think. They're worth it IMHO as some of the mods alone can make a difference. Steel Meridian has two of the best guns in the game; Vaykor Marelok Pistol and Vaykor Hek. Both are a beast when fully modded. Now it does cost to progress in terms of resources and credits and all depends on you and if you see using several Warframes later. Even when you max out and say have several Frames wearing the Sigil, you can buy the Relic Packs or just get Mods and trade later

Certain defenses depending where will get you stuff and some don't....Helene on Saturn, IO on Jupiter I think and Hydron on Eris(?) are both decent for drops but mainly used for leveling and getting Relics. If farming for resources and good, Survivals tend to be the best.

...and always run The invasions when you can. Best way to get the Mutagen Mass, Fieldron and Detonite Injectors all which are used for weapons that tend to be fairly good. You can get the blueprints and make them but far cheaper to run The Invasions.

Last edited by K&AJones; 01-22-18 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-14-18, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

https://www.dualshockers.com/warfram...r-anniversary/

Warframe Surpasses 38 Million Registered Users as its Five Year Anniversary Approaches

On March 21, 2013, the open beta for the free-to-play title Warframe from developer Digital Extremes began on PC. Now, almost five years later, the game has received new expansions and made its way to both PS4 and Xbox One. In order to celebrate the upcoming five-year anniversary, the developers detailed several milestones players have crossed in this time, along with revealing the dates of this year’s TennoCon.

Most importantly, we have learned that in the five years Warframe has been on the market, it has over 38 million registered users (38,083,936 to be exact, according to the press release). While the game is free-to-play, this is still a very impressive number of players for any title. According to the developers, over 8 million players have joined in the last year alone.
Old 07-08-18, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Tennocon 2018 Revel...…

Hello Fellow Tennos

Tennocon 2018 brought some amazing new stuff coming, mainly a new open world...Fortura on Venus. But other goodies were reveled as well and below is the full 31 minute presentation. Highlights are at the 11 minute mark and the especially 19 minute mark which is simply unreal and only Destiny Players could ever dream of.....and don't think this costs $39.00....will probably be Free like the last open world....

no offical date given at this moment but what a presentation....

<iframe width="1118" height="629" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3uc1OunrJxU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-08-18, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

RailJack looks pretty sweet, but I play solo...
Old 07-08-18, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This game is also coming to Switch

https://www.polygon.com/nintendo-swi...-tennocon-2018
Old 07-08-18, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Hoverboard will be a joy to ride....with tricks like a snowboard.....that thing can haul a*s to.....

Old 07-07-19, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New Warframe Cinematic Trailer from Tennocon 2019.....

<iframe width="1125" height="633" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9O-yCnQKYhM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The New War Trailer...Christmas 2019

<iframe width="1125" height="633" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dsD9DRCW27c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New Quest & DLC...The Duviri Paradox Cinematic Trailer

<iframe width="1125" height="633" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g7y2Gyx-qJ8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-09-19, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The new updated Railjack Empyrean Gameplay Demo during TennoCon....it's lengthy at 40+ minutes but highlights the changes and how far this has come since last year including the new updated changes coming to your own craft. As Commander to your ship, you can have three other friends come along. They've also put in the importance of "Shipmates" AI's in the mix from last year. And Squad Link will revolutionize team base playing....that is huge! They're taking Warframe to new heights going Space Combat & Exploring....

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C3nm8RocAv4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by K&AJones; 07-09-19 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-09-19, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts

Very cool!

I didn't realize we had a thread on this. My son is a developer on this game.
Old 07-10-19, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by andicus
Very cool!

I didn't realize we had a thread on this. My son is a developer on this game.
You should be extremely proud......as your son for working at Digital Extremes. They're probably the least herald, underrated, less covered,mentioned, talked about, highlighted Developers around compared to the Big Devs like Ubisoft and Bungie which gets their games constant coverage and article dime-a-dozen on Game Sites like IGN, Gameinformer, Polygon, Gamesradar, Gamespot.

Digital Extremes released Warframe on the PC as a open Beta March 2013...when PS4 was released it was available day one....about 9-10 months later it was said the users for both platforms were around 8 Million.....at the time Digital Extremes had a staff between 30-40 people....

Today, last estimate puts the player user base for PC, PS4 and XBox at around 48-50 Million. Last reports a year ago that Digital Extremes staff at around 160 people. When they announced that Warframe was going to be a Free-2-Play, a lot in the industry predicted failure and in fact they couldn't get a publisher to back them and so they became they're own. We've played on & off since day one on the PS4 and the game has evolved like no-one could imagine. And each year everyone asks, "How do they keep out-doing themselves from the year before?"...I'd love to visit their studio...it's on my "Bucket List"....hats off to your son.
Old 07-10-19, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
You should be extremely proud......as your son for working at Digital Extremes. They're probably the least herald, underrated, less covered,mentioned, talked about, highlighted Developers around compared to the Big Devs like Ubisoft and Bungie which gets their games constant coverage and article dime-a-dozen on Game Sites like IGN, Gameinformer, Polygon, Gamesradar, Gamespot.

Digital Extremes released Warframe on the PC as a open Beta March 2013...when PS4 was released it was available day one....about 9-10 months later it was said the users for both platforms were around 8 Million.....at the time Digital Extremes had a staff between 30-40 people....

Today, last estimate puts the player user base for PC, PS4 and XBox at around 48-50 Million. Last reports a year ago that Digital Extremes staff at around 160 people. When they announced that Warframe was going to be a Free-2-Play, a lot in the industry predicted failure and in fact they couldn't get a publisher to back them and so they became they're own. We've played on & off since day one on the PS4 and the game has evolved like no-one could imagine. And each year everyone asks, "How do they keep out-doing themselves from the year before?"...I'd love to visit their studio...it's on my "Bucket List"....hats off to your son.
We are very proud of him. I'm also shocked at how well the game has done. It's not my type of game, but it obviously proves that the free-to-play model can work very well.

It's a good company to work for, as well. Having worked in the game industry, I've seen the good and the bad, and this is definitely the good.