Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-13, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Originally Posted by flashburn
Slight correction. You use the Fusion Cores as wild's basically. You don't need a duplicate mod to use one.

You should pretty much only fuse together the same mods, or the fusion cores obviously, the rest is a waste.
So say for instance...I have the PULL Mod and I want boost it a bit. I take the PULL Mod, Fusion Core and maybe a duplicate, use Transfusion, and that's it?

And I guess being just at Level 7 it's a bit early to even consider Blueprints? Guessing the main focus this early on is concentrating maybe boosting 1-2 abilities and weapons? Should I do more with the sword or rely mainly on the Primary and Seconddary?
Old 11-22-13, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K&AJones
So say for instance...I have the PULL Mod and I want boost it a bit. I take the PULL Mod, Fusion Core and maybe a duplicate, use Transfusion, and that's it?
Sure. You don't need to do them all at once, there is a meter on the side of the fusion that will tell you how close you are getting to levelling it up. The Fusion Cores have levels too, so some are better than others.

And I guess being just at Level 7 it's a bit early to even consider Blueprints? Guessing the main focus this early on is concentrating maybe boosting 1-2 abilities and weapons? Should I do more with the sword or rely mainly on the Primary and Seconddary?

What do you mean by consider blueprints? I wouldn't buy any unless its for credits. You'll start getting blueprints more often as you go through higher level missions.

As to what weapons to use, I'd just use whatever you find most fun, they all seem pretty effective in their own way. I'd boost whatever skills you find you are using the most, or seem obviously more advantageous. There are some really good ones that boost hp/shield, as well as crit chance, elemental damage, etc.
Old 11-23-13, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I'm just pissed...I killed Capt. Vor and right near the end of escaping one of those Hatchet Guys came out of no-where, stunned and then killed me ending the mission. Now after two times I cannot even kill Vor. it's almost like twice as many enemies appear near his ending as the first time and nothing is dropping. I've used my "Re spawns" up so I've got to buy more...probably the one negative of the game as it's almost mandatory to have.

As to the Blueprints...I was asking if they should be even considered getting this early in but right now it's just getting thru Mercury.

But when you fail to complete a mission you do keep whatever you found and points right?
Old 11-23-13, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't buy respawns ever. Your 4 get replenished every day.
Old 11-23-13, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chess
Don't buy respawns ever. Your 4 get replenished every day.
Thanks and thanks for the help with Capt. Vor, the rundown on the mods and hands on walk-thru.

...and being the first to do co-op and test out the "Ear-Bud"...which wasn't to bad all. Now just need to try and get 3-4 us to make that run...
Old 11-23-13, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As to the Blueprints...I was asking if they should be even considered getting this early in but right now it's just getting thru Mercury.

But when you fail to complete a mission you do keep whatever you found and points right?
Check the wiki before you buy a blueprint. Some of the parts you need you might not get to for a while.

You only keep XP when you fail a mission. Better than nothing I suppose.
Old 11-27-13, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Update 11 is in QA right now, so hopefully it comes out in a week or so. I've stopped playing for now, too many annoying bugs.
Old 11-27-13, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm popping in daily for the daily reward and maybe running a level or two.

I keep getting pistols for the dialy reward, but I can't find them in my inventories. Wonder if they are parts or something.
Old 11-27-13, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I keep getting pistols for the dialy reward, but I can't find them in my inventories. Wonder if they are parts or something.
I'll look for you if it's ok to do another run together...not sure on that one level where you said we need really 3-4.

And yea..me to trying to pop in daily and maybe even do a run. I'm thinking since I'm doing solo a lot right now of just going ahead and getting a Sentinel. I see there are four to choose from but there is really no info when you pick one. Are they different up front....like one does something better than the others. And if so which is a good all-around one.

I'm really liking the game each time I play but I can see the real value is co-op. I hope as more get the PS4 they'll try the game. Just so many games..Killzone, BF4, this and still haven't opened Knack.
Old 11-27-13, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's either XP or a blueprint, not an actual weapon. I made that mistake too. You can tell by the number, if it's a 1, it's a blueprint.
Old 11-27-13, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm thinking since I'm doing solo a lot right now of just going ahead and getting a Sentinel. I see there are four to choose from but there is really no info when you pick one. Are they different up front....like one does something better than the others. And if so which is a good all-around one.
The wiki is your friend.
Old 11-27-13, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The wiki is your friend.
Thanks. Can't get to it at work.
Old 11-27-13, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ended up going with the Shade sentinel. i also got a better sword and took chess's advice on getting the dual pistols (same as what I have but dual). Now though since my stuff is (was) un-rankedI just re-played the early levels to build them up...I'm guessing there is no harm in doing this?

Question though on completing the missions and then moving on. There is one last one on Mercury...the one Chess helped me out on and seems we need 3-4 on. I've gone to Venus and did the first two but it's not showing like 2-12, just 0-12 like I've never been there. I guess it'll stay that way until I complete Mercury and move on right?
Old 11-27-13, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've never noticed that before. Probably just another bug.
Old 11-27-13, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yea..it's kind of strange because the last mission on Mercury is something like Level 5-7 of something like that and it was brutal...or at least to me and totally caught me off guard. I looked around and the only other planet I can do anything on is Venus. I completed the first two and still shows 0-12.

One other question...any tips using Transmutation. I don't exactly have tons of mods but I do have several duplicates and even one that I have four of with the same level. What I'm hurting for are Rifle Mods...I have only two but 14 points to spend. Have a couple of Pistol mods that help, lots of Melee and starting to get a bit more of the Fusion Cores.
Old 11-27-13, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's my tip on Transmuting, don't do it. It's a waste of money. Fusion on the other hand (I think this is what you were referring to) is awesome. Any duplicates you have, you should be fusing together. Rifle mods are always the ones I'm lacking as well, I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 11-28-13, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've got one favor to ask....maybe the next time all of us are on i wonder if there is a chance you mind helping out on that one last part of Mercury. Probably not today but a chance sometime tomorrow. Like to get rid of that so I can actually get credit for what I'm doing on Venus. Thanks again for the tips.
Old 11-28-13, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sure. I can probably be on tomorrow night. Maybe around 8PM EST.
Old 11-28-13, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sure. I can probably be on tomorrow night. Maybe around 8PM EST.
Thank you...I'm central so I'll shoot for around 7PM my time...hopefully Chess will see this. Just this run as I've got my Diablo III partner (360) to finish a run as well. I know I'm not up near the levels of you and chess so I appreciate going back.
Old 11-28-13, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just started building my Ember frame. It will be done on Sunday. I really hope it doesn't suck.

Last edited by flashburn; 11-28-13 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-28-13, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I can jump on anytime this weekend. I'm completely free, and there's no way I'm shopping.

I'm still doing my level best to farm a control module on Europa.
Old 11-29-13, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well hats off to Chess last night for not only helping out on that last mission on Mercury but also doing a big dent in the Venus missions...about 2/3 up to Vesper I think. At the end I pretty much...

Doubled my Mods...from 42 to 85
Sword...from Rank 5 to 10
Warframe...Rank 11 to 15
Twin Pistols...Rank 6 to 10
and my newly acquired Shade Sentinel Shade from Rank 4 to 7

All-in-all a solid productive night...probably more in one night than almost in a week for me. Even tried the "Guard Missions"...where you face several waves guarding some box...that I liked. Sort of a mini-horde mode. I'm actually surprise we didn't call it a night sooner since the last three missions we had run out of lives.

Something else I found and think even Chess wasn't aware of...when you are scanning the missions if it's in White..you've done it; in Blue it hasn't been done.

Probably won't be on tonight after all, got a lot to do in the bathroom remodel and even if I do I may go back to Killzone or pickup on BF4 which I really want to get ore out of.Would like to see three of us go a few rounds or I may try some randoms. Thanks Chess...a good night indeed.
Old 11-29-13, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No worries. I was tired of Raptor handing me my ass anyway!

Good times.
Old 12-01-13, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got around to trying some random matches...mainly a few Guard to see how it was. I actually liked it and the groups I was in did well. I can see me getting into the random more and more especially Survival or Guard. I was temped to try that one at the bottom of Venus...Level 0-100 but maybe another time. I did get to try the "Crush" ability...this will end up being my GoTo when it's just to many and close to surrounded. Haven't tried Bullet Attractor but use some random to play with it. I've probably played this more than Killzone and BF4.
Old 12-01-13, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Two hours before my Ember Warframe is finished. Can't wait! Going to start building the Seer pistol, and hopefully the Glaive as well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.