Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-13, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Originally Posted by flashburn
Are you sure its on a 24 hour cycle for revives? It seemed like less than that to me.

I agree that the game doesn't do a good job of introducing itself to new players. However, once you fight through the oddities, it's a pretty rewarding experience.
The 4-revives thing is from the Warframe page...or at least in the google description when I searched. Can't get there from work.

I really love the game, and I think I'm going to spend my $10 PSN credit on platinum...maybe even a little more. It's one of those games that gets better and better the more you play it. It's good for all the reasons that I think Destiny will be good, and it actually feels like a low rent version of what Destiny will eventually be.

I'd probably be down with playing a game on Tuesday night (depending on the time). If you see me on, send me an invite.
I sent you an in-game friend request (and one on PSN as well). It seems to me that if we had a group of 6-10 people who played regularly, we could probably put together a squad of 3-4 pretty easily on any given night. I could see me playing this regularly for quite a while...maybe leveling up multiple Warframes even.
Old 11-18-13, 12:06 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

How does this game handle Warframes of different levels playing together?
Old 11-18-13, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As far as I can tell, it doesn't care, except that somebody in the lobby has to have access to whatever level you're trying to get into.

Two things we haven't really touched on:

- Levels are procedurally generated. They seem to have a large framwork for each world, and the engine chooses a path to the objective procedurally, so it's slightly different every time.
- The touchpad for casting spells is pretty good. I'd probably pick the d-pad given the option, but when your character is throwing a projectile spell and you swipe up to do that, it feels pretty great.
Old 11-18-13, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yeah, the game has it's own friends list eh? Okay, that's kind of stupid, but whatever.

I forgot about the $10 PSN credit. I've been itching to use it on something, so I might spend it on Platinum too.
Old 11-18-13, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This game has been nothing but a buggy fucker for me tonight. Twice now we've basically completed a mission with it not giving credit and basically failing. It's the mission where you need to pick up some datapods and carry them to extraction. Holy buggy shit.
Old 11-18-13, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As much as I hate to say it, fuck this game, for now. This mission has bugged out for us in different ways three times so far. I'm juts going to wait for a patch I guess. What a waste of fucking time tonight was. Ugh.

edit: WTF after standing at the extraction point it finally decided to end the mission saying we completed it. Then we go to a black screen where we can run around and shoot (and die)... forever. FUCK YOU DIGITAL EXTREMES!

I can't even abort the mission because it says I've already completed it! Wow.
Old 11-18-13, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I find that the bugginess is directly related to the connections of the people you are playing with. I've had a round or two with choppy frame rate, one where I was sort of invincible because of lag, and one with the black screen thing you describe. I solved that by switching to another game and then switching back.

But otherwise it's been pretty smooth sailing in 10-11 hours of play. And I made it through Earth tonight, so I can farm a ton of new materials. My only disappointment tonight was that I thought I had a Rhino blueprint, but it was only the chassis. Still a way to go on that.

And my dual pistols now do fire, ice and electrical damage. It's kind of comical watching enemies freeze and burn and twitch at the same time.
Old 11-19-13, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

I'll be on around 7:30 central tonight and will see what happens. Still need to check the "basics' on the game. As Chess said it could be others connections. Shouldn't be the servers on Warframe end but then again...considering there is million PS4 owners and just a handful of games. Interested to know how many have DL Warframe.

Looking around on the net i found this site that seems to have a lot on there.....http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

After seeing the "Crash Course" video this game is far more deeper than I thought. The upgrade/inventory actually reminds me of Diablo III...as you need "Crafting Plans" along with the items...helmet, vest, boots, gloves, etc...to forge a set. Of course you have to find everything which is random.

Last edited by K&AJones; 11-19-13 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-20-13, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Played last night the first two missions solo. Pretty impressive visual wise and game play overall was good. As flashburn noted the game needs a bit polish in certain areas like...

Melee Combat...hate to say but the worse part of playing. How the camera goes from simple and steady when shooting to spasmatic when using the sword is beyond me. I died a couple of times enough though I swung several times....My fix was using the Charged Attack (one swing) and doing Stealth Kills.

Help Menu...what help menu? Several times in the game I didn't have a clue like capturing a person. It took 5-7 minutes to figure that out. And understanding how to use the Mods...better to find the info online.

Map...if there is way to call up a bigger map than he tiny one in the upper left let me know.

Positives...
FTP...least we forget it is with option pay to upgrade. The game makes some of the Free XBL Gold games look like 8-Bit has beens.
Lots of potential with a great deal of customization. Looks like you really have lots of possibilities here. maybe not like say in Diablo III with individual items , gems, crafting but close.
Solo and Co-op...can play both but the lure is co-op...hint Chess and Flashburn...but you need to get a few missions under your belt or at least I do to feel more comfortable going along with others.
Old 11-20-13, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Apparently one of the daily login rewards is a % discount off of Platinum, but I'm not sure if this applies to the PS4 version, since I think you need to buy the packs from the store. If they do a sale (Black Friday? Haha) on Platinum, I'll definitely spend at least my $10 credit, but maybe more.
Old 11-20-13, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

K&A, I actually sent you a party chat invite and an in-game friend request last night.

Was going to give you the tour.

As you get more nimble with the parkour stuff, and you will if you keep playing, the camera starts to make more sense.
Old 11-20-13, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Apparently this pack was on sale for $50 a little while ago on PC:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/238482/

But I don't think it exists on PS4. I'd totally buy that for $50 though.
Old 11-20-13, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

K&A (and anyone else), buy the better Burston gun immediately. The MK1 is a POS and you'll wind up sticking with the regular Burston for quite a while. It's a huge upgrade.

I'd also buy one of the 20-25K Pistols as well.
Old 11-20-13, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Apparently the Soma is an awesome gun too.
Old 11-20-13, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chess
K&A, I actually sent you a party chat invite and an in-game friend request last night.

Was going to give you the tour.

As you get more nimble with the parkour stuff, and you will if you keep playing, the camera starts to make more sense.
Man...I'm sorry...I did see something flash up on the screen while in the middle of combat and bunch of crap going on. I thought it was and hit the "options" but I'm totally unclear on how to accept, get or initialize any messages while in game. With XBL it's easy and I'm use to that...with PSN, a little lost. So I apologize...wasn't ignoring you and yea a "tour" might be helpful.

Not tonight..it's back to the 360 with my Diablo III co-op. Tomorrow night is fine...I can see this game growing on me...minus that #!*% melee camera!

Oh..and Flashburn...thanks for the tip though I'm trying to get to the finer details of the "stuff". So the weapons that came with the pre-order are so-so? I was going to ask about some of these like the dual-weld pistols. Some of the details on the items doesn't sound like much but it must make a difference.

Last edited by K&AJones; 11-20-13 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-20-13, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Man...I'm sorry...I did see something flash up on the screen while in the middle of combat and bunch of crap going on. I thought it was and hit the "options" but I'm totally unclear on how to accept, get or initialize any messages while in game. With XBL it's easy and I'm use to that...with PSN, a little lost. So I apologize...wasn't ignoring you and yea a "tour" might be helpful.

Not tonight..it's back to the 360 with my Diablo III co-op. Tomorrow night is fine...I can see this game growing on me...minus that #!*% melee camera!
It's not even a PSN thing. This game is very much doing its own thing...for better or mostly worse. But so far, I'm tolerating the quirks because the game itself is pretty awesome. I might be that rare person who actually enjoys the process of collecting parts and building guns.

It's best to get into a party chat at the system level so you can talk through the menus and not just during gameplay, and from the main menu, if you hit options, you'll see your Warframe friends list on the right.
Old 11-20-13, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh..and Flashburn...thanks for the tip though I'm trying to get to the finer details of the "stuff". So the weapons that came with the pre-order are so-so? I was going to ask about some of these like the dual-weld pistols. Some of the details on the items doesn't sound like much but it must make a difference.
The akimbo pistols are fucking sweet! I've been running through entire levels just using them. Pretty much every mission I do at least 50% of the damage, often times > 70%. This is mainly because of the epic-ness of Sword Dash though.

Also, there are three different enemy types, three weapon/gear preset slots, and they tell you what the enemy type is for the mission before hand. This isn't a coincidence. (Hint: Each type of enemy has different resistances)
Old 11-20-13, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm rocking the dual starter pistols with fire, ice and shock upgrades right now, and I definitely lean pistol over rifle in this game. It just fits better with the melee and the frenetic pace of the game. If you're hanging back with a rifle in multiplayer, it feels like you're missing out on the fun.

I have a revolver build cooking in the foundry right now, and I have blueprints for the Viper as well.

I'll probably get a blueprint for the Soma next.
Old 11-20-13, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I picked the character "Mag"....I take it any character can use any weapon(s) correct?
Old 11-20-13, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes. I should have picked Mag. His abilities are pretty cool looking.
Old 11-20-13, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes. I should have picked Mag. His abilities are pretty cool looking.
Well Mag fits my style I prefer to play...more of support with crowd or groups involved. I'm not a head first, guns blazing person and much rather be something where it's more of "SSS"...Support, Stun & Save. "She"...has Pull, Shield Polarize, Bullet Attractor and Crush...all of which helps solo and group play...or at least appears that way.

I've become a fan of "stun" since playing Diablo III...it's effects on enemies tend to be fully underestimated and it's a must in the higher levels of Diablo III...stunned enemies don't deal any damage but take everything you can give. And same with shields...if you can pull, stun and deplete shields= easier takedowns. Throw in Bullet Attractor and you can almost have a 1,2,3 punch. And Crush sounds too cool.
Old 11-21-13, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Update 11 was just published on PC. Hopefully it will be coming for the PS4 soon:
https://warframe.com/news/update-11-valkyr-unleashed
Old 11-22-13, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just wanted to say thanks flashburn for the weapon tip...Burston. I decided to buy it last night and even though I'm still early in the gun made a differece especially the "Sabatoge" mission I did last. Had some weird dogs and zombie guys. The extra 10 in damage and burst fire helped.

I'm just at Level 7 but at least able to use some abilities. The Shield Poloarizer is good but I don't know what the % of drain & boost is. But I did try Pull last night and this one is a favorite already. It has some distance and was able to pull (3) same time. Some died and some stunned but for several seconds allowing me to hack them.

Still have questions on Mods & Inventory Items....

I picked up a Vitality Mod 40% Health. I don't have a slot with the matching icon you see in the upper right corner and put it in a blank slot. That's ok without any penalty right?

I've got one or two of those "Booster Mods"...one looks like a large Gear. What are they used for?

How to increase power to your Ability Mod...say I want to make Pull or Shield even more powerful?

What do you with "Items" you collect? In the inventory you cannot sell them but what are they for?

And is anyone using the "Sentinel"...I saw a video of someone using it...reminds me of "The OWL" in Killzone. Sure it's for higher levels but just curious.
Old 11-22-13, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I picked up a Vitality Mod 40% Health. I don't have a slot with the matching icon you see in the upper right corner and put it in a blank slot. That's ok without any penalty right?
Yeah. If you match the symbol, it costs half, and if you mismatch it costs a bit extra, but if there's no symbol, it's just the face value of the "card".

I've got one or two of those "Booster Mods"...one looks like a large Gear. What are they used for?
I'm guessing you mean fusion cores?

You use them to fuse duplicate mods together in your mods menu under arsenal.

How to increase power to your Ability Mod...say I want to make Pull or Shield even more powerful?
By fusing duplicates...see above.

What do you with "Items" you collect? In the inventory you cannot sell them but what are they for?
You use them in the foundry to build weapons, frames and sentinels. You can find blueprints or buy them for in-game currency.

And is anyone using the "Sentinel"...I saw a video of someone using it...reminds me of "The OWL" in Killzone. Sure it's for higher levels but just curious.
I bought the collector one with platinum, but by the time you really need one, you can build one for "free".
Old 11-22-13, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm guessing you mean fusion cores?

You use them to fuse duplicate mods together in your mods menu under arsenal.
Slight correction. You use the Fusion Cores as wild's basically. You don't need a duplicate mod to use one.

You should pretty much only fuse together the same mods, or the fusion cores obviously, the rest is a waste.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.