Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Disney Infinity - Disney's Infinite Moneymaker

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-13, 04:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Is there any word on this coming to the Xbox one as well? Id love to grab it on the new one for the kids
Old 08-18-13, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgtsnake
Is there any word on this coming to the Xbox one as well? Id love to grab it on the new one for the kids
no word on next gen yet but there are plans to do versions for them
Old 08-18-13, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

arghhh wife bought a protection plan at TRU
why must I do everything
Old 08-18-13, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Here is what we got. Damn it!

Spoiler:

Old 08-18-13, 05:28 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good lord. How much did that cost?!?
Old 08-18-13, 05:32 PM
Banned

Thats awesome. We saw it at the Microsoft store today and I literally had to drag my kids away
Old 08-18-13, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ca$h cow ... how soon till they release vinylmation versions of the figs

by the way, the family got back from WDW 2 weeks ago and the only advertising I saw for this was in the busses shuttling us back and forth

Looks like the wife came back from TRU with the starter pack, free fig (Mike W), Cars playset, 2 disc packs, and the previously mentioned protection plan .... guess the damage/hurt could have been worse but I know it's coming based on all the Monster High crap we have taking up our living space

Last edited by musick; 08-18-13 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-18-13, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Good lord. How much did that cost?!?
Mucho dinero! However, I took advantage of every sale, discount, promotion and coupon I could. I figured that it was best to grab these while they were half price, buy one get one free or 20% off (starter set). I would have been super pissed had I bought those power disc packs for 5 bucks apiece rather than 2 for 6 seeing that I ended up with 3 repeats out of 12 total.
Old 08-18-13, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah it looks like if you price match stuff and everything you can get all the major stuff for around 175$
Old 08-18-13, 06:13 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Ill stick to just getting Skylanders Giants when it drops a bit more.
Old 08-18-13, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

After we spent a good chunk of time opening this stuff.

Spoiler:

Old 08-18-13, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Were they out of the Bernoulli figure?
Old 08-18-13, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by musick
arghhh wife bought a protection plan at TRU
why must I do everything
You haven't trained her well enough! lol
Old 08-18-13, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I tried to find a sealed box of game discs but Target and TRU put them all out. I ended up with the starter set, crystal lightning mcqueen, tru exclusive power disc pack, cars set and 3 pack villains. I need to pick up the lone ranger and the other 3 pack from BB tomorrow. I am expecting the other 4 single figures from MS.

We haven't opened anything yet as we were at the zoo all day.
Old 08-18-13, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Krayzie
You haven't trained her well enough! lol
so true ... at least it appears refundable in the first 30 days
Old 08-18-13, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The game is somewhat fun to play as we have been playing the Monsters University. However, I am disappointed that the voice they have for Sully sound nothing like Sully and neither does Jack Sparrow. At least find someone that sounds similar to the original voice. The guy working as Jack Sparrow at Disney World Magic Kingdom sounds better than the person they selected to do the voice in the game.
Old 08-18-13, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this game had been basically a clone of Skylanders, I would have jumped all over it. Skylanders + Disney characters = awesome.

However, I was looking forward to playing, say, Sully AND Jack Sparrow in a level fighting Syndrome (or whoever). But as I'm seeing it, Sully (and other monsters) play ONLY in the Monsters Inc. levels, Jack Sparrow (and other pirates) play ONLY in the Pirates levels, and so on.

The only time you can mix the characters is in the Toy Box, but that also requires you building your own levels/games/obstacles? Forget that.

I was seriously looking forward to Thor and Mickey Mouse teaming up to defeat a Darth Vader on a Star Wars level. How awesome would that have been?

It makes the figures seem...unnecessary (which, I realize they are, as are the Skylanders). But there's this neat element to Skylanders where you get to "tag in" as needed. This just seems like "Here's the Pirates level; go buy Davy Jones if you want to play as him." It seems like the Toy Story 3 game...with borderline useless toys.

I'm not threadcrapping here; I was ready to drop some serious coin on this for me and my girls (especially since there are apparently princesses coming). Even had it preordered. But now I feel like I've dodged a bullet.
Old 08-18-13, 09:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mazje
If this game had been basically a clone of Skylanders, I would have jumped all over it. Skylanders + Disney characters = awesome.

However, I was looking forward to playing, say, Sully AND Jack Sparrow in a level fighting Syndrome (or whoever). But as I'm seeing it, Sully (and other monsters) play ONLY in the Monsters Inc. levels, Jack Sparrow (and other pirates) play ONLY in the Pirates levels, and so on.

The only time you can mix the characters is in the Toy Box, but that also requires you building your own levels/games/obstacles? Forget that.

I was seriously looking forward to Thor and Mickey Mouse teaming up to defeat a Darth Vader on a Star Wars level. How awesome would that have been?

It makes the figures seem...unnecessary (which, I realize they are, as are the Skylanders). But there's this neat element to Skylanders where you get to "tag in" as needed. This just seems like "Here's the Pirates level; go buy Davy Jones if you want to play as him." It seems like the Toy Story 3 game...with borderline useless toys.

I'm not threadcrapping here; I was ready to drop some serious coin on this for me and my girls (especially since there are apparently princesses coming). Even had it preordered. But now I feel like I've dodged a bullet.

This isnt correct. I was shown at the store that any character can play on any level unless its a car and that can only play on certain levels. My son was playing a level with The lone ranger and tonto and then I removed tonto and tossed in Mike from mosters and he played fine..then tossed on sully etc.

the rep then stated you can play any person on any board. Hope this helps and I and they werent wrong
Old 08-18-13, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sgt snake, I'm guessing you were playing toy box mode
Old 08-18-13, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There are some strange and unintentionally funny collision issues in this game. There sure are more bugs than one would expect from such a highly promoted release as this one. We are still having quite a bit of fun with it.
Old 08-18-13, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mazje

I would guess you'll see a new version of the game before you would see all those properties/characters out at the same time

I was ready to drop some serious coin on this for me and my girls (especially since there are apparently princesses coming). Even had it preordered. But now I feel like I've dodged a bullet.
I'm sure you will be tempted (for them) when that line comes out
Old 08-18-13, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The figures will be compatible with future releases.
Old 08-18-13, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In game levels can only be played with characters from that universe. All the characters can be played in toy box mode.
Old 08-18-13, 10:57 PM
Banned

Ok Thanks Dsa Shea..looks like I was both mislead and in the toy box. Thank you for the update and I apologize for any misinformation and confusion
Old 08-18-13, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sgtsnake
Ok Thanks Dsa Shea..looks like I was both mislead and in the toy box. Thank you for the update and I apologize for any misinformation and confusion
No problem! I wish this were not true but I also understand at least somewhat from a logistical point of view. However, they could have at least made a free roam in every level you own that would allow you to do certain things with whichever character that you own and choose to play with.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.