Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-14, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

If you're getting it on the PC you'll be able to unlock it via VPN at 10AM EST today.
Old 11-17-14, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
I'm about to give up with this shitty ass Dragon Age Keep site, I've tried three times now, twice on iPad and once on the PC and every time it hangs at different places when editing the story while watching the movie.

edit: Fucking bullshit, happened again, this time with Internet Explorer instead of Chrome. Why is everything Bioware is even remotely involved with buggy as shit?
Don't edit through the movie, do it through the Tapestry. You get access to a lot more choices that way, anyway.

For what it's worth, I watched the movie after going through the Tapestry, but didn't try to edit the choices during. I had no issues. Did everything on my iPad.
Old 11-17-14, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah I went through and edited with the Tapestry instead. Terribly designed site. I didn't bother rewatching the movie though, after seeing the first 5 minutes 3 times, that was enough.
Old 11-17-14, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I fully completed DA:O and all of its DLC on the 360. I maybe played like 5 minutes of DA2. I started editing The Tapestry and honestly couldn't remember the majority of the characters, the major plot points, or what the questions were asking of me (did soandso die, live, have a god baby, join X, join Y, eat a sandwich, etc). I guess I will have to read the Wiki.

However, how crucial, or necessary, and/or how much will The Tapestry choices/decisions add to Inquisition? Is it worth my time to read up on the Wiki and select the appropriate choices as to how I want the story to play out or just go with a quick edit or default?
Old 11-17-14, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gooter
However, how crucial, or necessary, and/or how much will The Tapestry choices/decisions add to Inquisition?
I don't think this can be answered yet since none of us here have played through the game. But Bioware has said that the default state of the game (with no Keep import) is geared toward less confusion for new players, whereas an import from the Keep will result in more in-game references to events and characters from the prior two games. I'd rather have more nuance even if I can't remember every detail, personally.

Is it worth my time to read up on the Wiki and select the appropriate choices as to how I want the story to play out or just go with a quick edit or default?
I wouldn't worry too much about reading up on the Wiki. Just have a world state from the Keep to import.
Old 11-17-14, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,186 Likes on 4,213 Posts

Sweet, GameFly just shipped me an XO version of DA: inquisition. Looks like my tall goat-lady will be continuing her quest! At least she will when I get around to it.
Old 11-17-14, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

So, I didn't care much for the previous Dragon Age games (mostly to do with the actual game-play), will I like this one, even with the overly positive reviews?
Old 11-17-14, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Probably not.
Old 11-17-14, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It sounds like if you didn't like DA:O you won't like this one. If you had issues with the action-style combat of the second, then you might like this one.
Old 11-17-14, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
So, I didn't care much for the previous Dragon Age games (mostly to do with the actual game-play), will I like this one, even with the overly positive reviews?
From what I understand and what I've gleaned from videos, the gameplay combines the strengths of both previous Dragon Age games with some added tactical options, without deviating very much from the formula. So, likely not.
Old 11-17-14, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a friend who's had it for two weeks (he's a popular YouTuber). I saw him play quite abit of it last Saturday. If you didn't like the first two you will not like this one gameplay wise.
Old 11-17-14, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you'll love it.
Old 11-17-14, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Old 11-17-14, 10:53 AM

Bioware is live on Twitch going through a bunch of stuff.

http://www.twitch.tv/bioware?sf33709104=1
Old 11-17-14, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
It sounds like if you didn't like DA:O you won't like this one. If you had issues with the action-style combat of the second, then you might like this one.
I never played Origins. I only played the demo for 2, which I don't recall exactly what I didn't care for, just that I didn't care for it. I think I was expecting a cross between Mass Effect and Elder Scrolls, and it wasn't that.
Old 11-17-14, 11:15 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The best idea as mentioned previously is to watch some YouTube videos on the gameplay and you should get a good feel if that sort of playing appeals to you.
Old 11-17-14, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sounds like the biggest complaint is that it's yet another game that was "dumbed down" controls wise due to the consoles. Pretty terrible given the game, the genre, and the company's origins.

I'll probably just play it on the PC with the controller then, sigh.
Old 11-17-14, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It started on consoles. How is it dumbed down?
Old 11-17-14, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

So if I interpreted this correctly: odds are yes, you will enjoy this one since it was a franchise rebuild from the bottom up, this despite the overly positive reviews.

Watch some Twitch feeds though to be sure.
Old 11-17-14, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chuckd21
It started on consoles. How is it dumbed down?
Dragon Age: Origins was originally developed on the PC, by a company that originally only made PC games. Both the game and the company's roots are in the PC. Hell they created the whole "tactical view" style gameplay, and it's basically a unplayable mess with a KBM in it's current form.
Old 11-17-14, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,186 Likes on 4,213 Posts

It felt a lot like a more complex version of the Mass Effect Trilogy controls. Didn't feel at all "dumbed down" to me. I liked how ME2 controlled and this felt like the same sort of scheme.
Old 11-17-14, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
It felt a lot like a more complex version of the Mass Effect Trilogy controls. Didn't feel at all "dumbed down" to me. I liked how ME2 controlled and this felt like the same sort of scheme.
On PC? Because that was my whole point.

Also, I was talking about Tactical Mode, which Mass Effect didn't have (nor was it designed to). Completely different situation there.
Old 11-17-14, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I enjoyed playing the first two games on console, but then again I was always a fan of more fast paced combat rather then the constant pausing and reconfiguration of your characters skills and abilities from the RPG's that Dragon Age was inspired from.
Old 11-17-14, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I enjoyed playing the first two games on console, but then again I was always a fan of more fast paced combat rather then the constant pausing and reconfiguration of your characters skills and abilities from the RPG's that Dragon Age was inspired from.
Yep, I'm sure there are lots of people that feel that same way. For me with DA:O (never bothered with DA2), I enjoyed switching between the modes when I felt that more strategy was needed.
Old 11-17-14, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Launch Trailer. I want, but I know I should wait.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7UpfW_2v64M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.