TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Scream: The TV Series (MTV) -- Series Thread -- premieres 6/30/15

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-16, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
Re: Scream: The TV Series (MTV) -- Series Thread -- premieres 6/30/15

Originally Posted by DJariya

Surprised the show is almost 5 weeks in and there's been zero commentary since the premiere. Either most here just don't have anything to say or most have been pre-occupied with Game of Thrones.
There's only a handful of shows I watch week to week. I have such a large backlog of shows to watch that I pretty much always have a complete season of something to watch. I'll definitely binge this show since I enjoyed the first season.
Old 07-01-16, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by ben12
I think it's the teacher and she'll be revealed to be Piper's sister or something.
I binged all of season 1 this week, and just finished up catching up with season 2. Kieran's cousin, the sheriff's son, and the ex-teacher that was fucking Brooke seem like red herrings. After the most recent episode I'm leaning towards the school counselor. I think it's plausible that she could be a child of the couple that adopted Piper.
And this is wishful thinking, since I've liked this actor ever since That Thing You Do, but I hope Emma's dad sticks around. Maybe they can kill off her mom and have him as primary custodian in season 3.
One last thought, I'd still like a plausible excuse for why Audrey helped out Piper last year.
Old 07-01-16, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

I also predict that during the final confrontation/reveal, she'll kill someone or threaten to and describe it teacher-science talk the way she does other stuff. "Stop right there or I'll cut into her carotid artery! Remember what I taught you that will do?" Something dumb like that.
Old 07-01-16, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
I binged all of season 1 this week, and just finished up catching up with season 2. Kieran's cousin, the sheriff's son, and the ex-teacher that was fucking Brooke seem like red herrings. After the most recent episode I'm leaning towards the school counselor. I think it's plausible that she could be a child of the couple that adopted Piper.
And this is wishful thinking, since I've liked this actor ever since That Thing You Do, but I hope Emma's dad sticks around. Maybe they can kill off her mom and have him as primary custodian in season 3.
One last thought, I'd still like a plausible excuse for why Audrey helped out Piper last year.
I think the mom will be killed off and I could see the writers doing it as a sort of homage to the movie series with how the main character's mother was killed for her sins.
Old 07-01-16, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

He didnt last long on Z Nation either (6 episodes)
Old 07-13-16, 04:43 PM

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ben12
I think it's the teacher and she'll be revealed to be Piper's sister or something.
So much for that.
Old 08-17-16, 12:06 AM

Season 2 finale was tonight. Killer info:
Spoiler:
Emma's bf Kieran was the killer. Turns out he was in a relationship with Piper prior to her death.

The only major death was
Spoiler:
Eli.
Which sucks... He could have made for an interesting character next year.

And season three was set up when
Spoiler:
Kieran
get a mysterious phone call in prison from someone using the disguised killer voice.
Old 08-17-16, 09:30 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now I'm curious if this holds up logically if you rewatch season 1... did they plant seeds for this back then or is this one of those revisionist history twists you just have to roll with?

I'm going to guess that in season 3 (has this been renewed?) we'll see
Spoiler:
Kieran back in sort of a Hannibal Lector role, giving them clues and tips from prison.
Old 08-17-16, 09:51 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
Now I'm curious if this holds up logically if you rewatch season 1... did they plant seeds for this back then or is this one of those revisionist history twists you just have to roll with?

I'm going to guess that in season 3 (has this been renewed?) we'll see
Spoiler:
Kieran back in sort of a Hannibal Lector role, giving them clues and tips from prison.
Here's some bits that may have been seeds: http://www.mtv.com/news/2917240/scre...ason-2-killer/
Old 08-17-16, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

I had the killer pegged about halfway through the season. Not one of the obvious suspects that was presented, but still sort of in the middle of everything.

Is Brandon James now active? Is he the one who put the pig's heart into Piper's body? (Is that something Piper or Kieran would know to do?)

Were Emma and Audrey on a date?
Old 08-17-16, 01:42 PM

Scream may not have clinched a third-season renewal (yet), but that doesn’t mean you’ve seen the last of Lakewood.

As revealed during Tuesday’s Scream After Dark, a two-hour Scream Halloween special will air in October, which will clear up all unanswered questions posed by the Season 2 finale.

No further details about the special are available, including whether or not it will serve as a potential wrap-up for the series.
http://tvline.com/2016/08/17/scream-...son-3-renewal/
Old 08-18-16, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the season 2 finale was decent and I was disappointed with who was killed off.
Old 08-18-16, 06:48 PM

I really thought Emma's dad would come back into play somehow. He sure was shown a lot early in the season to just vanish without a re-appearance.

And I'd bet money that Brandon James is not dead.

It'll be interesting to see the fallout from the Audrey revelations next year.
Old 08-18-16, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I like the show for what it is. I thought the second season was almost as fun as the first and I'd be back for a third go if they renew it for sure.
Old 09-09-16, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Finished the last 5 episodes of season 2 tonight.

I would say it was a decent season. Some really gruesome kills. The reveal that the killer was:

Spoiler:

Emma's boyfriend

Wasn't really a surprise. The movies played that card before. The guy was just plain insane.

They definitely left things open for a potential 3rd season after that final phone call. Ratings for this show were horrible, so there's no guarantee this is coming back.
Old 10-14-16, 08:39 AM

From Murderville to Murder Island....we're back for some fresh bloodshed. Join us for our Scream Special, October 18th at 9pm on MTV.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nDkhKeY8gwE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Also, renewed for a shortened Season 3:

Scream, MTV’s series adaptation of the hit teen movie franchise, has been renewed for a mini third season of 6 episodes to premiere in 2017. The network would not say whether this would be the final installment of the show, from Dimension TV, whose first two seasons consisted of 10 and 13 episodes each.

Like the second-season renewal, the third-season pickup for Scream comes with a showrunner change. Michael Gans and Richard Register, who were brought in as showrunners at the beginning of the second season, replacing Season 1 showrunners Jill Blotevogal and Jaime Paglia, are gone. Search is underway for their replacement.

There has been a lot of turnover on Scream, which went through a lengthy development process. Jay Beattie and Dan Dworkin were originally tapped to pen the pilot script, which later was rewritten by Blotevogel (all 3 got writing credit).

The series has had a bumpy run on TV. Its most recent second season drew an average of 377,000 viewers in Live+same day, half of the audience for Season 1. Harvey and Bob Weinstein executive producer under the Dimension TV production umbrella. Wes Craven, Tony DiSanto, Liz Gateley, Marianne Maddalena and Cathy Konrad also executive produce. Matthew Signer and Keith Levine are producers.

The renewal comes ahead of the MTV’s two-hour Scream Halloween special on October 18, which sets the stage for the new season. It picks up eight months after Kieran’s (Amadeus Serafini) arrest (Kieran was revealed to be the killer at the end of Season 2).

Dimension TV is currently in production on The Mist with Spike, based on the Stephen King novella, and Spy Kids: Mission Critical with Netflix, based on the film franchise. Both are set to premiere in 2017.
http://deadline.com/2016/10/scream-r...tv-1201836291/
Old 03-17-17, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

‘Scream’ TV Series Eyes Reboot For Season 3 On MTV
The upcoming 6-episode third season of MTV’s series Scream will be hitting the reset button. I hear that the network and producing company, Dimension TV, are looking to reboot the show, based on the hit teen movie franchise, with a new storyline and new cast.
The plan is tentative as the project is still searching for a new showrunner who would shape the concept for Season 3, but I hear MTV, which just went through a major regime overhaul, remains committed to the series. While the new showrunner may opt to include references to events and characters from the first two seasons, I hear the idea is to start fresh by reimagening the cult title. MTV and Dimension had no comment.

I hear the cast of the series had been quietly given permission to take other jobs, and star Willa Fitzgerald just booked a series regular role on the Fox pilot Behind Enemy Lines in first position.

Scream was renewed for a third season in October with a 6-episode order, down from the 10- and 13-episode first and second seasons. This is the second showrunner change on the series. Jill Blotevogal and Jaime Paglia served as showrunners on Season 1, with Blotevogel rewriting the original pilot script by Jay Beattie and Dan Dworkin. Michael Gans and Richard Register were brought in as showrunners at the beginning of the second season.

Scream will be seeking a ratings turnaround in Season 3. After a solid series launch, likely boosted by the films’ popularity, the most recent second season drew an average of 377,000 viewers in Live+same day, half of the audience for Season 1.
http://deadline.com/2017/03/scream-t...st-1202045550/
Old 03-18-17, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

It's funny that I just binged watched this last week minus the 2 hour Halloween special. I have to say that I was disappointed in the conclusion. It's essentially the same ending as the first movie. Plus you have to do some mental gymnastics to believe that Kieran could go back and forth as himself and the killer, especially in those last couple of episodes.
Old 03-20-17, 09:11 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

A fresh cast and setting might be the smart idea, given that it gets absurd after awhile that the same group keeps encountering all these killers. The tricky part will be to avoid repeating scenarios that have already been done in the first 2 seasons. The whole essence of Scream as a property seems to be 'teen slasher + cell phone', and I think the show did a good job of incorporating modern cell technologies (like live streaming) into the concept. But can they repeat this in a way that feels fresh, but still feels like 'Scream'?
Old 03-20-17, 09:32 AM

I bailed during Season 2. Shocked this wasn't cancelled.
Old 03-20-17, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also, fix the mask to an actual Scream mask.
Old 03-20-17, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Originally Posted by resinrats
Also, fix the mask to an actual Scream mask.
I think they can't use the classic "Scream" mask for legal reasons. Some kind of trademark thing, or something of that nature.
Old 03-20-17, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No, not rights issues. The creators just wanted a fresh new look and origin of the mask.
They had every right to use the mask as both new and old are made by the same company (Fun World) but chose to try something new. I think using the old mask would have not made the series fresh.
Old 03-20-17, 10:03 PM

I'm all for a reboot, but I feel like they should wrap up loose ends with another season first. It felt to me like things have been building to Brandon James returning.
Old 03-21-17, 04:47 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

I'm all for a reboot, but I feel like they should wrap up loose ends with another season first. It felt to me like things have been building to Brandon James returning.
Yeah, that should have been done for the Halloween special... but I suppose they hadn't decided on the reboot plan at that point.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.