The Elder Scrolls Online

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Elder Scrolls Online

Old 04-20-17, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online

Originally Posted by slop101
I don't like how there's all these other players running around doing the same things as you are. It feels like you're in a museum or an amusement park. It really breaks immersion like nothing else. Is there a way to keep from seeing other players around you?

To a point I agree but I'm still way new at this and not even Level 10 so in some of these missions if there weren't other players around I'd be dying a lot. With 1-on-1 it's not too bad but when it's 2 or more AI's they put a hurting on me. I'm solo but I see a lot of 2-3 person groups flying around which to them doesn't matter.
Old 05-22-17, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 901 Likes on 665 Posts

I picked this up over the weekend so I could play through Morrowind. Anyone else going to play the early access on PC? Hoping I can dive in when I get home tonight.
Old 05-22-17, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Darn it...wish you played on the PS4....I've had this for a little more than a month and having a blast but it's been almost 95% solo. As far as others I've been in just random groups and players who happen to be in the same area doing the same quest with us helping each other out. Same with the Anchors and World Bosses where it's been a "Party of Mayhem".....

By far one heck of a game with so much to do and see. I like the leveling system, the different crafting methods and how they play a part, the three factions with each having three races who can be one of four classes so it's really a good mix of possible combinations and character customization....far more detailed and expandable than "Destiny and even The Division".

I know some who are getting Morrowind but one person I know and who has helped me....he's like a 850CP...said Morrowind has a lot of nerfs that veteran players don't like. He said new ones won't notice it but those who have played a lot of ESO have and will....and they don't like it. I'm holding off simply because I'm still working on my main character...who just hit Level 40...and have two others at 22 and 24. And everyone has said the real fun and action comes after hitting Level 50 with the Champion Points.
Old 05-25-17, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hit level 20 last night and I think I'm at the end of the Morrowind story. Steam has me around 30 hours already.

The nostalgia is so real. Morrowind was a game that changed my view of gaming forever. I had never played a western, open world RPG and I was sooo lost in that game at its launch. The sights and more importantly, the MUSIC is the expansion is amazing. The theme still gives me chills.

I can't offer any impressions to people who already played ESO prior since this is my first time with the game. Been playing solo other than just randoms running through the same delves or whatnot. Doesn't have the character depth of the single player TES games but that's to be expected.
Old 05-25-17, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So you got in on the early access on Morrowind with the pre-order? Because the PC players are offering their take on the expansion but the console players have to wait till June 6th. From what little I 've read into it....for newer players it's going to be a good thing but veteran players...not so much. Mainly becaue they see and understand all the nerfs for various classes....I've heard the Nightblade Stam, Templar, Dragon Knight Stam being hit but the Magicaka Sorc is left alone. Almost like they wanted everyone to play the Warden & Sorc Class.
Old 05-26-17, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I'm in EA through Steam. Only reason I picked it up was due to the early access. The expansion for FF14 hits on the 16th. I wouldn't have bought it on the 6th with the timing. Being able to start on the 22nd made the difference.

I'll probably continue with the base game story after I finish Morrowind to keep me busy until FF drops. That being said, Black Desert just came out as well, so...
Old 05-30-17, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finished up Morrowind over the weekend. I still have a couple of world bosses and group dungeons to do but I haven't tried any of the multiplayer aspects yet. If your nostalgia for Morrowind runs deep like it does for me, you'll really enjoy everything about this expansion. The sights, the sounds, the story...all exactly what I was hoping for.

Character is up to level 23 and I've started diving into the content for the base game.
Old 05-31-17, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm going to pass on Morrowind and continue to focus on the main game part. I got my Breton>Sorc to Level 49 and parked him to work on my Dark Elf>Dragon Knight and get it up to high 40's. I asked about the leveling part and once you hit Level 50 how does the distribution of the Champion Points work with other characters along with the daily XP boost. All characters get the points but only those who are over 50 contribute.

So as a few suggested as they did, get what characters you might play a lot of and get then to 47-49 and park. So when you take your main and hit 50, stay at it until the XP bonus boost ends getting as far as you can...hopefully past CP100....then grab the other at 47-49 and do the same. Some have said getting one all the way is good to get the better gear and all while some said having two or more characters up in the CP Level gives you more flexibility and more area to cover...like World Bosses and Dungeons to get gear.

And FWIW...my friend who has eight toons and that Level CP850 something has stopped playing until bugs and fixes happen. He said Morrowind is good for the newer players but for veterans like himself...nope and actually penalizes them and their characters. According to him...and others from what I've read it's made for the new Veteran Class but stamina users no along with a penalty to the Templar which a lot or ticked about.
Old 05-31-17, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,159 Likes on 4,192 Posts

I have the Morrowind CE pre-ordered at Best Buy. I never picked up ESO, but figured I could at least consider this new version since I got it so cheap with GCU + Visa Checkout -- $60 + tax

Old 06-06-17, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

So I think I just screwed myself over. I had EOS installed on my PS4, but really my partner is the one who plays it. My account is the main PS4 account. I figured I needed to buy the expansion on my account, and it would let him play it, the same way he can play the original version.

NOT SO. It looks like it treats this as DLC, not like a real expansion, and only the person who logs in as the main account can play it. Not only that, but it won't let him play AT ALL on his account now. When he tries, it just pops up a screen saying he needs to buy the expansion himself if he wants to play.
Old 06-06-17, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd love to have that CE for all the extras but I don't think I can justify the cost. Isn't it like $200?

Enjoy Morrowind, console players!!
Old 06-06-17, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,159 Likes on 4,192 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
I'd love to have that CE for all the extras but I don't think I can justify the cost. Isn't it like $200?

Enjoy Morrowind, console players!!
Nope, it's an even $100. (or $80 with GCU - still shipping on PS4 from BestBuy.com) Pretty good deal considering what you get :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pC742Xtk72s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-06-17, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's not bad. I'd really like the in game items, map, and book. Maybe I'll try to find one cheap(er).

Welp; just ordered the map by itself on eBay. It's the item I wanted most.

Last edited by Noonan; 06-06-17 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-17-20, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Next chapter of Elder Scrolls Online, Greymoor comes to Skyrim June 2020... https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/57529

Full 40+ Minute Presentation.....